Attributes that make #1WRs for the Hawks ?

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":cab56u2y said:
We did it ! We got 1 reciever that demands a double team like I taught & spread on every hawks website. It is now part of hawks consciouness. Yay! So TE is fixed.

Now its time to fix the wideouts...

Schneider says "no finishline". Which is what I teach :) never stop improving your weak positions with top notch upgrades ;)

Hawks front office is reading & learning from us now. Must demand a double team. no more subpar talent as starters. Yay !

You have got to be joking. Do you honestly believe that the front office searching the internet to help figure out what they should do from us. Words cannot express what is running through my head right now after reading this.

Sac

Reaction score
hawksurething":2emzwove said:
Hawks front office is reading & learning from us now.

I highly doubt the front office reads .NET looking for tips, if they look at all, which I also highly doubt.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
hawksurething":3asualnx said:
It's time to find out what makes a 1000 yard & 8 TD NFL #1 WR in a run 1st scheme...

1. A WR that demands double coverage. Gets off the press with ease.
2. He must be able to block in the Hawks scheme.
3. Jump ball ability, catch radius & can contort body to any catch so DBs can't tip it or int the ball.
4. Strength to catch it even when pass interfered.
5. Strong hands catcher, instead of a body catcher.
6. Red zone producer
7. Attacks the ball. (We saw what happens when a WR can't get to the ball on timing routes in the Superbowl).
8. Good routes & can sink their hips (unless he is 6'2 & up due to their size, gait, hips, etc... Dez, Megatron, etc...all round their routes, but are the best WRs in the NFL because they have all of the above traits).
9. Comes back to the ball on the scramble to present a target (this is big with Wilson).
10. Will-power or fire attitude. (Dez, Thomas, Marshall, Fitz has it).

If fans can think of something else? Please share, I don't know it all :)

That's a good list of attributes and I'd say that I'd basically agree. Here's what I would add to that -- John Schneider himself has said it very clearly in the past -- he and Carroll look for offensive players that "Tilt the Room." That is, IDEALLY, they look for players who have something about them that's ELITE -- something about that player that's special, puts pressure on the defense, and creates a mismatch:

Elite Speed (i.e. Percy Harvin)
Elite Elusiveness (i.e. Golden Tate)
Big Time Height and Leaping Ability (i.e. Jimmy Graham)
Fantastic Hands and the ability to make tough acrobatic catches, toes on the line, falling out of bounds
(i.e. Doug Baldwin)
Etc.

Ideally, the Seahawks (along with every other NFL team out there) is going to look for guys who are elite in all of those categories and more. This team has shown though being Elite in every single possible category out there isn't a prerequisite for their taste. Average in most categories and Off the Charts Elite in one aspect suits their tastes just fine.

When you're looking to try to figure out who the Seahawks could be targeting, look for those players out there who have special qualities. Identify those guys ... and I'll guarantee you you're on the right track.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":168pmam6 said:
hawksurething":168pmam6 said:
We did it ! We got 1 reciever that demands a double team like I taught & spread on every hawks website. It is now part of hawks consciouness. Yay! So TE is fixed.

Schneider says "no finishline". Which is what I teach :) never stop improving your weak positions with top notch upgrades ;)

Hawks front office is reading & learning from us now. Must demand a double team. no more subpar talent as starters. Yay !

You have got to be joking. Do you honestly believe that the front office searching the internet to help figure out what they should do from us. Words cannot express what is running through my head right now after reading this.

Actually they do now... Find a article before that speaks of hawks needed a recievers that DEMAND double teams prior to this thread. All you'll find is they say a #1 WR without going into specific main attribute...teams use internet for info along with scouts,game film,etc...

A great piece was written about how Lombardi did not like using IBM computers data for drafting,but later changed his tune and asked Gil Brandt to use the high tech system after cowboys won so much with it. Many teams are using today.

High tech can open minds & bring insight. As written about. :)

http://www.nfl.com/historyofscouting

Yes. Clearly they use the internet for things. They're not getting "pro tips" by reading your posts on a message board though. Guaranteed.

Ozzy

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1rn4lkdc said:
hawksurething":1rn4lkdc said:
Hawks front office is reading & learning from us now.

I highly doubt the front office reads .NET looking for tips, if they look at all, which I also highly doubt.

Your first mistake is doubting hawkssurething. If they're not now I hope they start soon. Some good work being done on here.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksurething":1cqvq8af said:

He's a TE not a WR. Just lines up there sometimes.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3g6q11vi said:
hawksurething":3g6q11vi said:
It's time to find out what makes a 1000 yard & 8 TD NFL #1 WR in a run 1st scheme...

1. A WR that demands double coverage. Gets off the press with ease.
2. He must be able to block in the Hawks scheme.
3. Jump ball ability, catch radius & can contort body to any catch so DBs can't tip it or int the ball.
4. Strength to catch it even when pass interfered.
5. Strong hands catcher, instead of a body catcher.
6. Red zone producer
7. Attacks the ball. (We saw what happens when a WR can't get to the ball on timing routes in the Superbowl).
8. Good routes & can sink their hips (unless he is 6'2 & up due to their size, gait, hips, etc... Dez, Megatron, etc...all round their routes, but are the best WRs in the NFL because they have all of the above traits).
9. Comes back to the ball on the scramble to present a target (this is big with Wilson).
10. Will-power or fire attitude. (Dez, Thomas, Marshall, Fitz has it).

If fans can think of something else? Please share, I don't know it all :)

That's a good list of attributes and I'd say that I'd basically agree. Here's what I would add to that -- John Schneider himself has said it very clearly in the past -- he and Carroll look for offensive players that "Tilt the Room." That is, IDEALLY, they look for players who have something about them that's ELITE -- something about that player that's special, puts pressure on the defense, and creates a mismatch:

Elite Speed (i.e. Percy Harvin)
Elite Elusiveness (i.e. Golden Tate)
Big Time Height and Leaping Ability (i.e. Jimmy Graham)
Fantastic Hands and the ability to make tough acrobatic catches, toes on the line, falling out of bounds
(i.e. Doug Baldwin)
Etc.

Ideally, the Seahawks (along with every other NFL team out there) is going to look for guys who are elite in all of those categories and more. This team has shown though being Elite in every single possible category out there isn't a prerequisite for their taste. Average in most categories and Off the Charts Elite in one aspect suits their tastes just fine.

When you're looking to try to figure out who the Seahawks could be targeting, look for those players out there who have special qualities. Identify those guys ... and I'll guarantee you you're on the right track.

Thanks for the amazing insight !

Your correct. The only reason the hawks kept missing On reciever was they forgot they must demand double teams & get off the press with easy. Hence picking up tiny harvin & starting slot as WRs as z&x WRs.

That is in the past now.. The Front office is listening to us now as seen with the Jimmy pick at TE. He demands a double team & gets off the press with ease both ! Also he is a red zone machine & fast for his size,routes,jump ball,hands catcher,box out,etc... Only thing he is missing is blocking which he can learn yet really don't need as he is a move TE. ;)

Do you have any WRs you think fit enough left in FA ? All I can think of is ... Jennings who is still amazing for his age. Then after him a bunch of maybes like ...washington,Nicks who came back for injury and is still young,rod streater,andre holmes. Even old Wayne might be better than Baldwin? Might lol.

I go Jennings & ajayi then get in order.. McBride,Agholor,Conely,Waller,Kenny Bell. And maybe Perriman if he fixes his drops ?
Or jennings & Mcbride,etc...

Perriman can be top talent if he fixed his drops ! But as it stands he is last on list. (Side note dorsett & Tyler locket are good WR/KR but they might be good by time hawks pick,so just get a late end KR to fill the need).

dadof3

Reaction score
hawksurething":1w0trijt said:

Jesus Christ this dude feels himself

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
dadof3":1betnp99 said:
hawksurething":1betnp99 said:

I said " WE" did it. I started maybe,but the hawks collective consciousness finished it & we made this finally happen with the internet. Also yes...I do love myself a lot :)

Do you have a WR avalible that may meet the criteria ? We love to hear from you.

Go hawks !!!

dadof3

Reaction score
hawksurething":1jkl21c9 said:
dadof3":1jkl21c9 said:
hawksurething":1jkl21c9 said:

I said " WE" did it. I started maybe,but the hawks collective consciousness finished it & we made this finally happen with the internet. Also yes...I do love myself a lot :)

Do you have a WR avalible that may meet the criteria ? We love to hear from you.

Go hawks !!!
Calvin Johnson. Unfortunately this is the NFL and you can't have the best players at every position group. I think they're happy going through the draft

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
dad said:
hawksurething":1hwt30mn said:
dadof3":1hwt30mn said:
hawksurething":1hwt30mn said:

Go hawks !!!
Calvin Johnson. Unfortunately this is the NFL and you can't have the best players at every position group. I think they're happy going through the draft

I said avalible like Jennings,etc..

Here is how amazing Greg Jennings still is at his age... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D1S96gugVX8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6LABfiCUbc. Amazing routes,HANDS catcher,tough,jump ball,can beat a double team even at his size & age,TD producer,blocks. All around game with no holes other than size.

But if you dont have any WRs in FA or draft to suggest that meets the criteria ! Thank you anyways.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksurething":3hsukj7s said:
Bigbadhawk":3hsukj7s said:
hawksurething":3hsukj7s said:

Actually they do now... Find a article before that speaks of hawks needed a recievers that DEMAND double teams prior to this thread. All you'll find is they say a #1 WR without going into specific main attribute...teams use internet for info along with scouts,game film,etc...

Seattles Wide Receiver Conundrum
Draft Guru Rob Rang Assesses Seahawks Needs Talks WR
Seahawks Need Wide Receivers in 2015 Free Agency
Seahawks Predraft Positions of Need Wide Receiver
2015 Free Agency Wide Receivers

These are just a few of the MANY articles written the past couple of months - well before this thread was started (The first was an excellent article written by our own theENGLISHseahawk - maybe he needs the credit?) that talk about the need for the Seahawks to acquire and elite receiver. Everyone I have talked to this off-season - Seahawk fans and non-Seahawk fans ALL agree that Seattle needs a massive receiver updgrade. No one has ever really argued against this. Some of these articles do not specifically state what "traits" that are needed, because most would agree that there are certain specific universal traits that make up an "elite" receiver - speed, size, hands, YAC, catching ability, route running, blocking, etc.... Those who can do all/most are elite. This is not a new concept

Whether you say we need an "elite" receiver, or a "#1" receiver - Everyone knew most of last season that Seattle needed an upgrade. We taught the front office NOTHING. We did not even cover new ground in the countless WR threads - the obvious was stated, and restated.

And as I have said time and time again in these WR threads - "demands a double team" is not a WR trait. Double teams (not getting back into this again, but an actual "double team" is very rare in todays game - you roll coverage or you get safety help over the top.....) are a product of elite production. A "double team" is a scheme choice by the defense, and is a response to the talent and alignment. Seattle rarely "double teams" receivers regardless of how elite they are. The receiver has no control over whether defenses "double team" them. Can we please stop using this as a WR/receiver trait?

I think it was Florio today on KIRO that was saying that teams should probably use their standard defense against Seattle until they figure out HOW Seattle plans on using Graham. Once teams figure out how they plan to use Graham, then they can begin to scheme accordingly. If our key to success is having a receiver who "demands double teams", and teams choose to not double team Graham, then do we fail? Is Graham then a lesser receiver because teams choose to not double team him?

We have definitely not taught the FO anything - they have clearly been acutely aware of our receiver need over the past 5 seasons. The signing of Sidney Rice, trading for Percy Harvin, the numerous rumors of attempted FA signings and attempted trades - clearly Pete and John are aware of the hole. Hopefully they now have one piece that will begin to solve that dilemma

original poster

Reaction score
I agree, it's something that is and has been addressed time and time ago with varying success.

But that's self explanatory, of course any team is going to focus on recievers, they play a big part in the success of any team. I think it's both testament to our team overall and proof that our recievers aren't quite as bad as many will have you believe. Baldwin is aslot guy that's been forced to play the wrong position and the sheer amount of big to massive plays Kearse successfully completed says it all.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":skks3nn4 said:
hawksurething":skks3nn4 said:
Bigbadhawk":skks3nn4 said:
hawksurething":skks3nn4 said:

Seattles Wide Receiver Conundrum
Draft Guru Rob Rang Assesses Seahawks Needs Talks WR
Seahawks Need Wide Receivers in 2015 Free Agency
Seahawks Predraft Positions of Need Wide Receiver
2015 Free Agency Wide Receivers

These are just a few of the MANY articles written the past couple of months - well before this thread was started (The first was an excellent article written by our own theENGLISHseahawk - maybe he needs the credit?) that talk about the need for the Seahawks to acquire and elite receiver. Everyone I have talked to this off-season - Seahawk fans and non-Seahawk fans ALL agree that Seattle needs a massive receiver updgrade. No one has ever really argued against this. Some of these articles do not specifically state what "traits" that are needed, because most would agree that there are certain specific universal traits that make up an "elite" receiver - speed, size, hands, YAC, catching ability, route running, blocking, etc.... Those who can do all/most are elite. This is not a new concept

Whether you say we need an "elite" receiver, or a "#1" receiver - Everyone knew most of last season that Seattle needed an upgrade. We taught the front office NOTHING. We did not even cover new ground in the countless WR threads - the obvious was stated, and restated.

And as I have said time and time again in these WR threads - "demands a double team" is not a WR trait. Double teams (not getting back into this again, but an actual "double team" is very rare in todays game - you roll coverage or you get safety help over the top.....) are a product of elite production. A "double team" is a scheme choice by the defense, and is a response to the talent and alignment. Seattle rarely "double teams" receivers regardless of how elite they are. The receiver has no control over whether defenses "double team" them. Can we please stop using this as a WR/receiver trait?

I think it was Florio today on KIRO that was saying that teams should probably use their standard defense against Seattle until they figure out HOW Seattle plans on using Graham. Once teams figure out how they plan to use Graham, then they can begin to scheme accordingly. If our key to success is having a receiver who "demands double teams", and teams choose to not double team Graham, then do we fail? Is Graham then a lesser receiver because teams choose to not double team him?

We have definitely not taught the FO anything - they have clearly been acutely aware of our receiver need over the past 5 seasons. The signing of Sidney Rice, trading for Percy Harvin, the numerous rumors of attempted FA signings and attempted trades - clearly Pete and John are aware of the hole. Hopefully they now have one piece that will begin to solve that dilemma

None of those articles you gave said anything about "DOUBLE TEAMS". Concerning the seahawks at all.

I'm the 1st to post it so adamantly over many hawks sites. You don't have to give me credit for that,as it seems, which is ok. But I said this when T-jack was the starter except not as adamantly. But after the Superbowl i decided to go all out and fight for our hawks & many people joined in. Finally our voice was heard in the conscious stream of tthe universe. Metaphysics or whatever our hawk got JIMMY freaking GRAHAM ! Wow !!!

But either way hawks went in the direction & even used the term "demands double teams" when talking about why the picked up Jimmy.

I dont need the credit,"DOUBLE TEAM" is part of hawks consciousness now. Happy days are ahead,no finishline as hawks build the offense up with top end talent.

Many people are happy along with Pete & JS. Go hawks !!!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Your back from your vacation?I thought you would be done posting after we got JG.Instead your wanting more WR's. I think we got better than you expected and you can't expect much more.We will have to draft your fantasy WR and develop the ones we got.CM for one.We can go to all tall WR packages now.Be happy-don't worry.

Sac

Reaction score
This dude actually thinks the "Law of Attraction" and "The Secret" is a real thing....

That explains so much.

Ozzy

Reaction score
And he's also the main source of inspiration for us actually getting Graham. I think that warrants some respect. Very few posters have that kind of power.