Austin Calitro Cut, re-signed fullback Nick Bellore

McGruff

Reaction score
He was tried at WILL last year and was bad.

Big difference between WILL and SAM. WILL has a lot more responsibilities. More read and react, and also plays with a lot more traffic and has to take on blocks a lot more.

SAM typically is more in space, and has less options to work through. It is also where you would typically put your best pass rusher.

McGruff

Reaction score
But even at that, Queem is at beat a situational player, even at SAM.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just heard he was claimed already. They didn't say what team. Oh well, it is what it is. On to Sunday.

McGruff

Reaction score
At the end of the day, we are still talking about the 5th linebacker, on a team with three probowl starters, in an era where it's hard to even get 3 on the field.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":2d2dplzs said:
At the end of the day, we are still talking about the 5th linebacker, on a team with three probowl starters, in an era where it's hard to even get 3 on the field.

I guess the shock was Calitro cut over Quem.

But when you're talking 4th or 5th LB, special teams comes into play, and Quem is a better special teamer. But still, Calitro has been dependable as hell, so I was shocked to see him cut.

I guess it's good news because it means Pete thinks that KJ is good to go.

xray

Reaction score
McGruff":183c2sek said:

Yep...I hope he can light it up on STs ; because he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a LB in the NFL ; but in fairness the Hawks should have given him a try at a secondary position perhaps a safety position . Just sayin

Fade

Reaction score
xray":hrdz5y5a said:
McGruff":hrdz5y5a said:

...but in fairness the Hawks should have given him a try at a secondary position perhaps a safety position . Just sayin

He struggles playing 5 yards off of the LoS, moving him back further isn't going to help him.

He is what he is, an undersized Sam, that can be a dynamo on Special Teams.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
xray":29158txn said:
McGruff":29158txn said:

Yep...I hope he can light it up on STs ; because he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a LB in the NFL ; but in fairness the Hawks should have given him a try at a secondary position perhaps a safety position . Just sayin
@pehawk just got wood

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
Jaguars claim Austin Calitro 9/3/19, I was hopping he could show up on the P.S. :(

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Jeez, one season and you guys are ready to throw the kid on the trash heap? At least let him play 2 seasons before you write him off.

HawksBrazil

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3j1okncn said:
I guess my question is just this. Why not Keep Bellore and cut Calitro on Saturday in the 1st place. The other ones made sense.. Smith was a temp roster free-up for Clowney,, J.Brown was to allow Dickson to go to IR. So what was the point of this move?

I guess they were trying to trade him for a low pick and then pick up Bellore. Since they couldn't find a trade partner, they just released him instead.

Latest posts