Baldwin in "Preliminary Talks" on New Contract

Kooshster

Reaction score

kidhawk

Reaction score
Kooshster":1k29osjo said:
Reasonably sure it hasn't been posted elsewhere.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/08/doug-baldwin-in-preliminary-talks-on-new-contract/

“I will say things are going in the right direction,” Baldwin said, via the Seattle Times. “I don’t know how much time it’s going to take. They’ve got the draft to deal with. So we are in preliminary talks. But hopefully we will figure something out soon.”

Yea, that article is just putting in writing what he said during his spreecast which is being discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92706

Not that it's at all surprising news. I think most people figured that they were in negotiations for a longer term contract. I'll be glad to see Doug around for a few years to come. He has great hands

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sherman and Schneider both hinted at this rather blatantly during Sherman's press conference. It's kind of surprising, but it seems like an extension for Baldwin is a very real possibility.

I liked when Schneider randomly said "...and Doug caught everything" when recounting a story about scouting Sherman at Stanford.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's get ADB shored up! I want to wear his jersey this season!

Exittium

Reaction score
DavidSeven":37vxabj5 said:
Sherman and Schneider both hinted at this rather blatantly during Sherman's press conference. It's kind of surprising, but it seems like an extension for Baldwin is a very real possibility.

I liked when Schneider randomly said "...and Doug caught everything" when recounting a story about scouting Sherman at Stanford.

I always got the feeling that sherm and adb where like a "packaged" deal in a way. They're really close and have been with each other since the start.. lol even in college

sutz

Reaction score
Doug has certainly earned consideration for a decent deal.

:th2thumbs:

Paschtorian

Reaction score
This team's version of Bobby Engram.

Hands-down.

Time for an extension. Period.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Aros":29phco8y said:
Let's get ADB shored up! I want to wear his jersey this season!

I will get a Baldwin jersey the day he signs an extension. I've been holding off because I don't want to jinx anything.

Latest posts