Baldwin is the best reciever on the team

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I also think Baldwin is the most technique sound WR on this team.

And will be replaced as soon as he leaves by Lockett, who will be even better.

I am of the opinion that Baldwin knows the biggest mistake he could have ever made was resigning in Seattle. Lets face it, a WR in Seattle is costing himself glory, and possibly money, by playing in this offense.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm not a Dougie hater by any stretch but I think Lockett is a better receiver, the difference being Russell refuses to look at him.

Tical21

Reaction score
Rob12":ph0lp67l said:
bjornanderson21":ph0lp67l said:
Doug Baldwin is a fine WR, but if he is the best WR on the team then we still have a crappy WR group.

A good offense can't have a guy like Baldwin as the best WR. So he isn't part of the problem, but him being the best is part of the problem....

Not really true. I think it's like the MLB. Not every team has a bonefide ace. Not every team has a legit #1 WR. I disagree a lot with this. Just because ADB is our #1 doesn't mean that our receiving corps is bad.
I dunno, I think Doug would POSSIBLY be the best receiver on Tennessee, but going team by team, that's really the only one I would give him. Maybe Cleveland, but I kinda like Benjamin.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":33gs0rv3 said:
Anyone seen Kearse lately? Dude is supposed to be a leader on our team and he's nowhere. Is it not clear that he's not long for this team? Talk about feast or famine, it's all famine with this dude. No wonder Mathews is gone, adding zero. Although I will say that Kearse blocks well on the edge and can play special teams, but holy hell.

Our passing game as a whole is pretty feast or famine. I don't think that's a full reflection of Kearse.

Rob12

Reaction score
Not sure how he's not a very good receiver. Lot of people in this thread are hating. Find me another receiver in the league that hasn't had a drop in the last 23 games. I can think of one - Justin Blackmon. But he hasn't actually played, either.

Baldwin is a lot like Edelman. He's more suited for the slot. He's not elite, but he's damn good and would put up 90-100 catches and 1,100-1,300 yards in a passing offense.

He's been the epitome of what it means to be a Seahawk. He works his ass off.

getnasty

Reaction score
It's amazing that before last week Baldwin and Bryan Walters had a similar stat line for the season.

themunn

Reaction score
Aros":6wb2dyjs said:
I had every plan to rock a Baldwin jersey this year until I saw him mock take a crap as a TD celebration in Super Bowl XLIX.

He lost me on that. He's definitely a baller and I still like him but I've never forgotten that.

#actlikeyou'vebeenthere

He has been there though. Twice

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I've said this for a long time, but:

Baldwin would be a #3WR on most NFL teams.
Kearse would probably be a reserve as a #4/#5WR on most NFL teams

Hard to say with Lockette. I still don't see him as a great WR, more of a special teams guy.

Jury is still out on the injury riddled PRich. We should have taken Allen Robinson instead of PRich.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I've always admired his toughness and he's been here with Wilson since the start so that chemistry cannot be undervalued. The XLIX pseudo dump he took was beyond stupid and childish, but other than that he's definitely been the most dependable receiver the last 5 years. He's still just 27 so he could be with us for a few more years too.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Lockett and Richardson have the potential to become better receivers than Baldwin but at the moment Doug is definitely our best WR.

Decimation

Reaction score
Dude is on a mission. He's balling out of his mind and he ain't stopping anytime soon.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Good route runner. He's the one receiver in our WR corps that seems more open, more separation. No E and Kearse seem to be more covered. Baldwin always seems to have a step or two on the defender.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
2Cool4School":up5imyzh said:
Thread needs a bump. Baldwin is on fire

Yup, bet there are a few posters back up the hill wishin' they hadn't dished crap about DB's value to the Seahawks and being our best Receiver right now.
It's obvious that Lockett is going to be one of the better Seahawks Receivers, but it's going to take awhile for him to catch up with Baldwin.
Baldwin has impressed me from the get-go (minus that SB 49 stunt).
One of the announcers saying that Doug Baldwin reminded him a lot of Steve Smith, and I have to somewhat agree.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
bjornanderson21":2ww4uwjv said:
Doug Baldwin is a fine WR, but if he is the best WR on the team then we still have a crappy WR group.

A good offense can't have a guy like Baldwin as the best WR. So he isn't part of the problem, but him being the best is part of the problem....

Well he just tied Daryl Turner for most receiving touchdowns in a Seahawks season at 13, and with two games to go, which is one more than Hall of Fame receiver Steve Largent ever had in a season. So there's that.

Latest posts