BB Suspended Indefinitely

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit to me. After reading that it's not even questionable. Thanks for the information.:)

HawkDabz

Reaction score
Can anyone actually supply any written language in the cba that states they must continue to take tests if they are no longer employed by the nfl?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3j8jlhd9 said:
Sounds like grounds for a lawsuit to me. After reading that it's not even questionable. Thanks for the information.:)
I guarantee he will sue, as he should.

As far as the NFL goes and their supposed rules:
1471296_692048790829406_343773613_n.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkDabz":3h0xknuq said:
Can anyone actually supply any written language in the cba that states they must continue to take tests if they are no longer employed by the nfl?

I just did, scroll up. Though it has limits and I'd imagine that the league's legal eagles have determined that they're on sound enough footing to claim that Browner violated the policy as it's written. Alternatively, Browner's attorney probably thinks that they see some language that they can use to their advantage.

The big question (for me) is timeline. I seem to recall reading/hearing that Browner's attorney thinks the language specifically related to released players (not on a roster for 6 regular season games) might give him some wiggle room since he was on IR for an extended period and then released. If anyone can speak to his status during that time frame i'd love to see it.

kf3339

Reaction score
You all do remember when the NFL tried to suspend the vikings two DT'S and they sued the league and a judge placed a stay on their decision. They were still allowed to play while that whole matter played out thru the courts.

I think that is exactly what is going to happen this time, and he will be back with the team in the next two weeks. Just wait and see.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I was really disappointed in the NFL when I saw that he was suspended indefinitely, especially after they offered him a shorter sentence.

I hope he sues the pants off the NFL, because you can't keep changing the story like this and expect to get away with it.

Largent80

Reaction score
KK84":1t9y6ngv said:
E.C. Laloosh":1t9y6ngv said:
ImTheScientist":1t9y6ngv said:
Just because his opinion isn't the same as the majority doesn't make him a jackass.

You're right. Painting his opinion as fact, does however...

As is painting everyone who disagrees with him as a blind homer.

No, he is as uninformed as you or I but he wants to paint a picture from his obvious biased opinion. Therefore = jackass in my opinion.

HawkDabz

Reaction score
So my next question. Does being on the IR consist of being active roster. Was he ever on the broncos roster for 6 consecutive games? Cause if not being on IR should make it to where he does not have to comply after being released

HawkDabz

Reaction score
So my next question. Does being on the IR consist of being active roster. Was he ever on the broncos roster for 6 consecutive games? Cause if not being on IR should make it to where he does not have to comply after being released. How much did he actually play with Denver? Thinking being if you are on IR you are not taking up a roster spot so how can you be a rostered player?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I tip my hat to Mr B. I respect his resignation and hold no ill will toward the man.
Thanks for your contributions and I wish him well. I hope he get himself right and straightened up.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled super season with Super-bowl aspirations!!

Amen!!!

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Too bad and I feel for him missing the playoffs or a potential SB if it is proved he really doesn't deserve this suspension. Lawsuits, posturing and several possible negotiation scenarios are where it really goes from here...

But I am sure tired of the deafening ignorance by all misinformed fans from other teams (and from ours). People think they know Pete Carroll or these players because they heard some sound bite on ESPN or heard someone spout their opinion on NFL Network, or that all Seahawks must be on Steroids or PEDs. This team is not the worst as far as suspensions and players getting into trouble, in fact this team is a bunch of great guys living the dream of their lives and following a energetic coach who is teaching principles and discipline (and having fun doing it too).

Most if not all of us, really don't have enough factual and accurate information to be making the judgments we are making about this man or what he did (or didn't do). If you read Browners latest twitter, he is taking a pretty honorable road in thanking the Seahawks for helping him and taking the responsibility for his bad decision but you can't fault him if he still feels he is not being treated fairly...sounds like a pretty decent gesture to me.

People may think Browner is a thug, but the guy actually shows some appreciation for the opportunity here and some integrity and plays his butt off for us. Does he (or the other players) play rough out there on the field...yes, they are tough and that is what we brought him in for. Cut him some slack and lay off the Know-it-all judgments until we actually know something legitimate and accurate about this case. We may be thinking he did something, but for now, he is still innocent until proven guilty in my book.

Still loving my Hawks, thankful for Lane and Maxwell stepping up and keeping my fingers crossed for Browner. This team is special, and you feel for these guys that made a mistake or bad decision that keeps them off the field. And as for the Hawk Haters out there trolling with their "Seadderal Seahawks" quips, there's not much I can do to change their way of thinking, just step up out of the cesspool and let them continue I guess. I'm having too much fun watching a great team play for Seattle.

Go Hawks! (and good luck and god speed to Browner and his attorney!)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Clearly this process isn't fair, and I hope he wins his lawsuit against the league.

All that said, if he was tested some 200 times.. how freakin stupid do you have to be to try and get away with smoking some weed in a CONTRACT YEAR on a possible SUPER BOWL TEAM.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
BB was stupid and may never get another shot at NFL stardom, but I do hope the NFL loses some serious PR ground over this.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Heck I might just go buy a Browner Jersey now and modify it to say "Free Browner" on the back

Paul Allen, if you are reading this, maybe you can help contribute to the free browner attorney fund

raisethe3

Reaction score
All I can say is....Maxwell, welcome to the Legion of BOOM! You're now an official member of the squad! :D

JesterHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":28agrhyo said:
KK84":28agrhyo said:
MadSweeney":28agrhyo said:
You guys are deluded about a lawsuit. He did it all to himself and has no one to blame but himself.

No. He definitely deserved punishment, but it should be done fairly. This is NFL Bullshit at its finest.

Yerp. Oooh, lets all bow down and respect the great and powerful Rog's authority... Douchenoz. Hope he gets the herps from a toilet seat.

I hope the next time he opens a soda, it does that thing where it just barely cracks the seal and the pulltab breaks off so he has to slurp is slowly through the tiny hole, giving himself a mild headache. And by the next time he opens a soda, I mean everytime he opens a soda or beer for the rest of eternity.

Laloosh

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2oxq80pd said:
I hope the next time he opens a soda, it does that thing where it just barely cracks the seal and the pulltab breaks off so he has to slurp is slowly through the tiny hole, giving himself a mild headache. And by the next time he opens a soda, I mean everytime he opens a soda or beer for the rest of eternity.

That's the kind of ill will that I can get behind...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":mgbl7ae3 said:
Clearly this process isn't fair, and I hope he wins his lawsuit against the league.

All that said, if he was tested some 200 times.. how freakin stupid do you have to be to try and get away with smoking some weed in a CONTRACT YEAR on a possible SUPER BOWL TEAM.
Because he's human? Or like myself think marijuana should be legal? Or maybe screwed up on how to mask it?

Everyone I know that is employed has to do drug testing but we still use and mask it. Personally under the draconian strictures he was under I wouldn't even leave my house! It's both offensive and ridiculous given IT'S a painkiller so is in widespread use. The NFL needs to get a clue already and stop testing for it like the other sports given it's NOT a performance enhancer or a violence enhancer like alcohol for example.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
raisethe3":kprnmi3g said:
All I can say is....Maxwell, welcome to the Legion of BOOM! You're now an official member of the squad! :D

I thought Legion of Boom was all our DBs..? If so isn't he already a member?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dopeboy206":19kapvvl said:
raisethe3":19kapvvl said:

I thought Legion of Boom was all our DBs..? If so isn't he already a member?
Yes, but I am starting to think it's quite appropriate for the ENTIRE defense.:)

Latest posts