Be careful what you wish for

Reaction score
I think we might have to rethink our position on Bevell being a hindrance to this team, he was stone cold money tonight. Play after play was called Imho to perfection.

Its obvious that missing most of our line ;was really making his play calling look worse then it was.
Iam a believer now. Some of us wanted his head including me I was wrong.

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Absolutely. Without a DOUBT he called a nearly flawless game tonight. I remember thinking that on that third and long call on the quick pass to Tate. Money.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Really thought this was gonna be about the Saints fans and their "we want Seattle chants" last week

mistaowen

Reaction score
Gruden repeatedly said two plays get called into the huddle and Russell chooses which one based off what he sees. His play calling is much better but I think letting RW run the show has a bigger impact.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
what did they say bevel calls 2 plays each huttle and russle can call whichever he wants.. or something along those lines.

PryorFamily

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":2bqpj4tt said:
I think Bevel is just listening to Russel Wilson more.

But this exact thing happened last year. The offense just got better and better. It's like they just keep evolving and adding and tweaking. They looked downright SHARP tonight. Scary potential for the playoffs if Percy is able to go.

Wartooth

Reaction score
That 'Ultra-Bad' defense the Saints fans were touting...
The one that was going to make Russell beat them with his arm?

Russell is the Truth!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bevell was fine tonight except for the series to start the 2nd half. Run, run, 2 yard checkdown on third and 9, punt. Myself and I think it was Hernia were calling for a play action bomb on first down. It would've worked the way they were selling out to stop the run. Too conservative there, but otherwise I liked what he did tonight.

plyka

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":1ueq6bjw said:
I think we might have to rethink our position on Bevell being a hindrance to this team, he was stone cold money tonight. Play after play was called Imho to perfection.

Its obvious that missing most of our line ;was really making his play calling look worse then it was.
Iam a believer now. Some of us wanted his head including me I was wrong.

It may have not been Bevell but the strategy/tactics of the coaching staff in general. They just were not allowing Wilson to open up the game. Compare the game plan in recent games versus the game plan in St Louis when all this anti-Bevell talk really started to get going (by me as much as anyone). Wilson even used the world "surrender" in order not to make mistakes. I think the main goal of the offense was to NOT cause a turnover or mistake. You just can't play football like that and be successful. In this game there were the exact opposite --they too reasonable risk versus reward chances. It was 3rd and 1 and Russell threw for a 60 yard gain --the defense brought 8-9 to the line, puttin 1 versus 1 with our WRs in a wide open field. What about in the last 2 minutes of the first half when the Hawks drove straight down the field for 85+ yards?

The coaching staff have released the leash a bit, and it shows. When you have a Payton Manning type talent, you don't tell him to surrender and take zero risks, you open the window and watch him fly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bevell had his best game of the year by far. I hope he continues on this trend.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Gotta get the run game fixed though. The last 2 games have seen a serious downgrade

razgriz737

Reaction score
I may be one of those who are considered "Bevell haters", and even I thought his playcalling was brilliant tonight. He constantly mixed it up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":8mdwap4x said:
ChiefHawk":8mdwap4x said:
I think Bevel is just listening to Russel Wilson more.

You just might have a point there.

Gruden kept saying that Bevell gives Wilson two options in the huddle every play, and Wilson gets to pick the right one.

Seems to be a combination thats now working.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Throwdown":cz84bvcq said:
Really thought this was gonna be about the Saints fans and their "we want Seattle chants" last week

I was going to say the same thing.

I got a text during the game from a friend of mine that is a diehard Seahawk fan living in Louisiana that told me his diehard Saints friends had given up and gone to bed midway through the 3rd quarter. I can feel their pain.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I hope our whole coaching staff stays together for a while now. And when PC retires we promote within. I want this style of football to be Seattle's way of football forever. Like Ravens and Steelers.

Latest posts