Been waiting almost 40 years to see this

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":22pfm2hh said:
If we get HFA, we only need to win 2 games to get there. And it is pretty clear winning in Seattle ain't easy PLUS we just won at the site of the SB.

With all due respect, the team they'd face in that stadium is going to be a little bit better than the team we just played in that stadium. ;)

It is pretty cool to see we're the favorites though.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
dopeboy206":glgctdrd said:
MidwestHawker":glgctdrd said:
dopeboy206":glgctdrd said:
Dude I know that. All I am saying is the favorites rarely win. Im not counting the hawks out. And I want us to win but how many SB favorites the past 10 years won according to LV..?

This question is completely irrelevant.

How it has something to do with SB favorites which the Hawks are this year.

It's a question that's attempting to deal with sample sizes too small to glean anything meaningful from. I realize that it was on-topic. It's just that the answer to the question has zero predictive value to the question of whether or not being the favorites means that we're more likely to win it this year.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pmedic920":12lii3k6 said:
I wonder how those odds will change once we lock up HFA ?

Won't change significantly IMO, since Football Outsiders already has us as a 98.2% favorite to lock up HFA. The vast, vast majority of the permutations they're calculating with already assume us to be playing from the 1 seed.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1v10uulm said:
MidwestHawker":1v10uulm said:
dopeboy206":1v10uulm said:
Dude I know that. All I am saying is the favorites rarely win. Im not counting the hawks out. And I want us to win but how many SB favorites the past 10 years won according to LV..?

This question is completely irrelevant.

How it has something to do with SB favorites which the Hawks are this year.

Are you trying to claim there is causation or correlation? Because correlation is to be expected, of course not every favored team is going to win... since there are so many other teams that could win it. It's pretty much irrelevant because of this.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3cvbc6h6 said:
U know the favorites rarely win the SB right?
Yeah but this team is more like and 86 giants team or 89 9ners team or 91 skins or 93 cowboys. Not 11 giants or 10 packers or 12 ravens...IMO

KK84

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":6adqjit9 said:
dopeboy206":6adqjit9 said:
You know the Seahawks can't win on the road, right?
Oh wait............

Short QBs can't be successful starters in this league either.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":clyq1s8y said:
dopeboy206":clyq1s8y said:
Yeah but this team is more like and 86 giants team or 89 9ners team or 91 skins or 93 cowboys. Not 11 giants or 10 packers or 12 ravens...IMO

I don't know about the 89 Niners comparison. The others? Sure.. but that 89 Niners team was a work of art.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1mj5f61c said:
This is because MOST of those teams didn't stay on the throttle.
I'm not superstitious, so just because the Seahawks are favored, doesn't mean that they've been hexed.
I'm pretty sure that Pete will tell his players that it's only an opinion, and that they'll still have to play their guts out, and tend to their assignments.