This guy is going in the first round !

Chawker

Reaction score
Braden Fiske DT Florida ST 6'5" 292 2023 43 tackles 9.5 TFL 6.0 sacks 4.78 40

This kid has the making of a superstar at the NFL level.Not just a great football player, but he is a great teammate and a good person. If Seattle doesn't trade back to 20 or 23 and draft him, they'll be making the biggest mistake in franchise history of the Seattle Seahawks. I'm going all in on Braden Fiske. "DRAFT HIM DAMMIT" !!!

Cheers

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
I like Fisk a lot. I really do but but I am more partial to verse

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
You've never been beaten up by a guy with 31 inch arms right mael ? Because guy with 31 inch arms are undraftable right ? Bullcrap ! Go watch some tape on him, I can believe how stupid your last post sounds. Watch the tape, you'll see. Short armes are a plus at his position.

Unbelievable

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that there might be a health concern with this kid. I cannot remember where I heard that.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that there might be a health concern with this kid. I cannot remember where I heard that.
Well now that could be a legitimate concern. However you have the same concern with any player you draft. His performance will get him in the first round.

Cheers

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You've never been beaten up by a guy with 31 inch arms right mael ? Because guy with 31 inch arms are undraftable right ? Bullcrap ! Go watch some tape on him, I can believe how stupid your last post sounds. Watch the tape, you'll see. Short armes are a plus at his position.

Unbelievable
When you're considering drafting a guy in the first round, you need to consider things like his physical limitations because they go a pretty long way in determining the ceiling of a player.

He's got really short arms. In fact, decent success with arms of his length would be almost unprecedented as an inside/out lineman. He's in the 2nd percentile of arm length at the spot. If you put him in a room with 99 other defensive linemen, 98 will have longer arms.

Outliers are concerning, especially when we're talking about length in the trenches. It's a game of inches. He has to fight that much harder to get his hands into an offensive lineman. OL has to fight that much less to deliver a solid initial punch and win the rep.

Fiske already has issues with hand usage. It hurts him badly in run defense. Will the alligator arms allow him to improve enough to be anything more than a fringe starter? I have my doubts, especially since he's going to be a 24 year old rookie.

He could be successful and overcome that, sure. But to act as if it isn't a concern is insane. Not only is it fairly unprecedented in cases outside of Calijah Kancey (obviously quite different), but it's pretty relevant to his actual function as a player.

I wouldn't consider him in the first. I don't even know about the second. That's just a little much for me. I'd rather take my chances with a Marshawn Kneeland, Kris Jenkins, Michael Hall, or Ruke Orhorhoro. Significantly less red flags and more upside in all of their profiles.

EDIT: And just to be clear, no. No, short arms are not a plus at that position. You want to know how I know?

Because guys with arms that short rarely succeed at the spot. Simple as.

GemCity

Reaction score
I love when my 300 pound linemen have shorter arms than Devon Witherspoon

Wink wink
Lmao.

He is a good player but, this is a metric that counts. Being such an outlier does not serve him well.

Shorter arms don’t necessarily make one stronger when it comes to engaging a blocker.

First contact is more important. Distance is more important. Length to reach out and grab a ball carrier is often dictated by less than an inch. Blocking passes or at least altering a QBs view is important.

Hand fighting is extremely important up front. You can’t do that well with T-Rex arms.

Definitely agree with Mael here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Lmao.

He is a good player but, this is a metric that counts. Being such an outlier does not serve him well.

Shorter arms don’t necessarily make one stronger when it comes to engaging a blocker.

First contact is more important. Distance is more important. Length to reach out and grab a ball carrier is often dictated by less than an inch. Blocking passes or at least altering a QBs view is important.

Hand fighting is extremely important up front. You can’t do that well with T-Rex arms.

Definitely agree with Mael here.
Yeah, not to say he won't turn out being decent by getting around it with his other explosives and his general high effort motor, but... first round would be a round higher than his consensus big board ranking of 54, and I wouldn't even be considering him at 54 (hypothetically) unless the board was a true disaster.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he's definitely not going in the 1st and might not go in the 2nd. he' slated for late 2nd round and is ranked like 10th out of the DL prospects.

Chevy

Reaction score
Fiske is bigger, with longer arms, and a better athlete than DT Calijah Kancey, who was drafted at #19 in the 1st round last year. Yes the medicals may push him down in the draft, but not because of longer arms than Kancey.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
2023 draft had a couple of defensive players sneak into the first round. M. Smith & J. Campbell, Smith drafted by the Cowboys and Campbell by the Lions.
So is it possible Fiske to slip into the first round ? Hell yah !

It would be a travesty to see the 9ers take him at 31.

12forlife

Reaction score
2023 draft had a couple of defensive players sneak into the first round. M. Smith & J. Campbell, Smith drafted by the Cowboys and Campbell by the Lions.

It dont matter how the draft falls. Damn Niners will have their pick of offensive or defensive studs that slip. Really solid first 2 rounds, with so much OT/WR/QB depth in this draft. End of 1st and 2nd round will be loaded with defensive studs.

GemCity

Reaction score

I wouldn’t be mad if we grabbed him.

He does look like a pretty damn good player.