Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
purpleneer":1eadqiyh said:
Seahawk Sailor":1eadqiyh said:
purpleneer":1eadqiyh said:
I'm not holding my breath, but anything short of lifetime bans, multiple lost draft picks and a 9-figure fine would be a slap on the wrist. They should feel lucky to not have wins vacated.

Really? That's like the firing squad for shoplifting the third time. We already have precedence with the Saints, and that's already a pretty hefty price to pay as it is.

Shoplifting? Seriously? For all the legal issues, the Saints stuff wasn't out and out cheating, and they weren't repeat offenders. And if you're balking at the fine number I threw out, do you think it's any more than the benefits of the success in his tenure, or even a portion of it?

More than a one hundred million dollar fine, plus multiple draft picks, plus Pete Rose anyone involved? Yeah, that's a bit stiff. Far more than what was done with the Saints, and the Patriots weren't exactly handing out rewards for knee-capping dudes in the game. Yeah, that's excessive.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":1uqxx0lu said:
Well, I guess we know which team America's rooting for now, don't we? Hmm, what flavor will the crowd be now, ESPECIALLY after this?

I think this will end up being a HUGE distraction. Plus, what other tricks does he have? He did the intentionally late, eligible tackle play already...wad blown. And, then he did the whole football shenanigans.
He went on absolute tear after 'spygate.' Way to motivate BB right before he plays the Seahawks. [emoji35]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
purpleneer":1k80efyn said:
hawknation2015":1k80efyn said:
purpleneer":1k80efyn said:
Bigpumpkin":1k80efyn said:
Do you really think that the Commissioner has to balls to fire a shot heard around the world? "The Patriots will forfeit their win against the Colts and Mr. Belicheat will be banned for participating in any NFL event for one year"

Nope, hence the "not holding my breath" part. And the logistics alone mean they can't do the forfeit thing, but draft pick loss and fine will be much bigger than from the video cheating.

What about game suspensions for Belichick and Brady? That's the only punishment that would actually hurt them.

A game? Unless it's for the SB, it's meaningless for either. I'd almost give plausible deniability to Brady, but Belichick and anyone proven to have knowledge should be banned.

As you said above, what the Saints did wasn't actual cheating and the connection between the bounty bets and Sean Payton was somewhat tenuous. So how can the league justify suspending Payton for an entire season but not doing the same or more to Belichick, who is a repeat offender when it comes to blatant and unconscionable cheating?

In line with the Bounty sanctions, Brady should be suspended for at least eight games and Belichick should have to sit out a whole season.

purpleneer

Reaction score
New thought. With what they're saying about how it was noticed and Brady's previous mention (Rodgers too) that he can tell the difference, don't we have to question the skills and qualifications of these "all-star" officials if they aren't noticing the difference, as well as their integrity if they are?

purpleneer

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":28dfpayt said:
purpleneer":28dfpayt said:
Seahawk Sailor":28dfpayt said:
purpleneer":28dfpayt said:
I'm not holding my breath, but anything short of lifetime bans, multiple lost draft picks and a 9-figure fine would be a slap on the wrist. They should feel lucky to not have wins vacated.

Really? That's like the firing squad for shoplifting the third time. We already have precedence with the Saints, and that's already a pretty hefty price to pay as it is.

Shoplifting? Seriously? For all the legal issues, the Saints stuff wasn't out and out cheating, and they weren't repeat offenders. And if you're balking at the fine number I threw out, do you think it's any more than the benefits of the success in his tenure, or even a portion of it?

More than a one hundred million dollar fine, plus multiple draft picks, plus Pete Rose anyone involved? Yeah, that's a bit stiff. Far more than what was done with the Saints, and the Patriots weren't exactly handing out rewards for knee-capping dudes in the game. Yeah, that's excessive.

It's a long-term pattern of blatant cheating, and going on my limited memory of limited info at the time (I know, often pretty stupid for me) I think Spygate left him on very thin ice. How much profit do you think Kraft has taken in since owning the team? How much has the value gone up? Like with other big business and the legal system, fines that are dwarfed by the benefits incurred are not much of a deterrent. And one 1st-round pick didn't seem to do much to kill his urge to cheat. Or maybe it did initially, but a few years without a title brought it back with a vengeance.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
falcongoggles":xn3190rh said:
The Patriots are going to lose the Super Bowl because of this

This reminds me of Eugene Robinson getting caught with a prostitute before SB XXXIII. When that happened, I knew the Falcons were done.

We always say in the military it takes a lifetime to build your credibility, but just a second to lose it. Coach B has lost his credibility numerous times and this will leave a mark on his legacy i.e. a confirmation of spy gate

The question is, is this enough to keep him out of the HOA if found guilty?
BB has shown the opposite. His team does better after getting accused of cheating. They lit up several opponents following 'spygate,' so why would 'inflate gate' not equally motivate him and his players?

There is somthing to prove now. 'Look, we beat them w/o cheating.'
That is totally different from one player getting popped for picking up a hoe. Atlanta got beat by the better team that day. There is no mystery or deeper reason for it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
purpleneer":3i6z990s said:
New thought. With what they're saying about how it was noticed and Brady's previous mention (Rodgers too) that he can tell the difference, don't we have to question the skills and qualifications of these "all-star" officials if they aren't noticing the difference, as well as their integrity if they are?

A very valid point. It could well be something that is more prevalent in the league than we'd think at first blush. And the part about the officials is quite interesting, considering their less-than-stellar performance over the past decade or so.

Not something most people would notice, plus a questionable call here or there, a little nudge, nudge, wink, wink, how's your mother, and it's off to Vegas to collect.

kf3339

Reaction score
I will say this.

What the NFL wants or should want at this point is for the overall general public to feel that every team is treated and disciplined in the same manner. This includes every head coach, assistant coaches, players, owners, ect.

The problem is that some teams (Legacy) over history have been given preferential treatment in relation to miss deeds or worse and the public has been asked to just accept it, and shut up. That is why the Ray Rice and Peterson cases this year ended up becoming such major issues. The public did not shut up and the NFL had to change it's tune, or risk that same public to start pulling away from the game.

What the NFL did to the Saints and their Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator should be the basis for the punishment if they are found guilty in this case with the deflated balls. The Saints are not a legacy team, but the impact on the public is just as telling as Rice punching out his fiance. The fact that Belichick has cheated in the past just makes it that much more serious.

Will they make the most direct and forceful decision which would make a point to all teams, owners, head coaches and players? Or will they wimp out because it's Belichick and Kraft . This will tell us just what kind of NFL we have today.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":c8r3thxo said:
pehawk":c8r3thxo said:
Scottemojo":c8r3thxo said:
pehawk":c8r3thxo said:
NFL has to crack down, just have too.
They will, but not in relation to the game.

My guess is in the end some equipment manager or ball boy will get blamed. There will be a fine. People will say Belicheat a lot. He won't give a shit.

Nah, Bill is going to get something too. Roger sets himself up with decisions like Lynch past Sunday. It's too easy to paint him as bias and a pet if he doesn't.

Probably not this game, I agree there. But, I personally think this is a distraction they won't get over anyways. Moot.
I can never get a bead on the NFL and ol Rog. When I saw the gold cleats Lynch wanted to wear, I thought Marshawn is going to get fined, just like when he wore those Skittles shoes. The game day they are saying he will get suspended if he wears those shoes. Are you shittin me? Suh didn't get suspended for using his shoes to walk on a guy, and Lynch will get suspended for a uniform violation?

Speaking of which, the Pats did not suddenly decide to let the air out of 11 balls. They have been doing this for some time to have that kind of hubris. So why have no officials, who touch the ball every damn play, noticed? Why did it take a player picking one off to notice this? If the Colts are using balls that are aired up, how do the officials not notice the difference until it is pointed out?
Excellent question.

Rob12

Reaction score
BillBelichick":5d885c1p said:
Fuzzman55":5d885c1p said:
B72QWxiIYAIWzyM.jpg

Hahaha

But seriously, I'm going to hold back my judgement until we hear the facts about the balls, how they got that way, and who's job it was to make sure the balls were in the correct condition.

Is the NFL testing the Colt's balls to see if this was a weather-related thing? Why didn't the referees do anything during the game if they noticed something?

Weather, Gronk-spikes, football-to-Cribb's-facemask collisions...these can all impact the ball, right? I'm no expert, but I don't want to judge until I've heard all the facts.

Unfortunately, the "court" of public opinion revs into high-gear way before any real facts are presented, or investigations completed.

I'm not seeing anything about Belichick or anyone else's involvement, other than it being the referee's job to check the balls.

I did see "part of the investigation that still needs further vetting is how the 11 footballs became underinflated," though.

Maybe we should wait for that part to come to light...seems like it might be important.

Translation:

Bill is mad scientist mode back in Foxboro deciding who to throw under the bus.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3hr7bwup said:
falcongoggles":3hr7bwup said:
The question is, is this enough to keep him out of the HOA if found guilty?

He should hope so. HOA's suck. My old one used to send me nasty letters for flying my Seahawks flag in the front lawn during the season.

But yeah, it's bad. Maybe even bad enough to keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

:lol:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":20t23sv8 said:
Seahawk fans should chill on this.

Because you know the NFL is coming after us next... They want parody, and the Patriots have messed up their parody scheme and now the Seahawks are threatening it.

It's like Sherman says -- every time a Seahawk has a good game, they test for PED's...

I bet tons of teams mess with the game balls to give them an advantage, but the Patriots are under way more scrutiny, just as Seattle has been.

Life Lesson:

Don't get involved in witch hunts because sooner or later they'll be at YOUR door with the pitchforks and the bonfire.

Ok thanks.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":zzqefirn said:

Because you know the NFL is coming after us next... They want parody, and the Patriots have messed up their parody scheme and now the Seahawks are threatening it.

It's like Sherman says -- every time a Seahawk has a good game, they test for PED's...

I bet tons of teams mess with the game balls to give them an advantage, but the Patriots are under way more scrutiny, just as Seattle has been.

Life Lesson:

Don't get involved in witch hunts because sooner or later they'll be at YOUR door with the pitchforks and the bonfire.

If we are intentionally violating any rules, then we deserve to get caught. Period.

Carroll strives to compete as hard he possibly can while working within the rules. Playing by the rules is what separates the competitor from the cheater. :141847_bnono:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":30o3hfgg said:

Life Lesson:

Seahawk FANS should chill on this? On THIS board? As long someone affiliated with the organization doesn't put up a stink, I think we're fine.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Can't believe all the Patriot apologists in this thread, I hope Belichick and Brady get banned from the Super Bowl and banned from the NFL entirely. They both are in on this, enough is enough.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nlucph6 said:
If true...Whoa. Belichick may not coach a single game in the 2015 regular season.
Why wait til then? Why not punish him for the Super Bowl?

minormillikin

Reaction score
However this shakes out, I want it to shake after the Super Bowl. I want the Hawks to beat the real New England Patriots with the Sith Lord Belichick on the sideline.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":12fqples said:

Life Lesson:

I will take you serious when you learn how to spell. Don't use a $5 word like PARITY unless you can at least spell it properly. 'Parody' is a form of comedy, although it does fit what you are telling Seahawk fans to do. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.