Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":27d5x5ix said:
HawKnPeppa":27d5x5ix said:
The_Z_Man":27d5x5ix said:
Seahawk fans should chill on this.

Because you know the NFL is coming after us next... They want parody, and the Patriots have messed up their parody scheme and now the Seahawks are threatening it.

It's like Sherman says -- every time a Seahawk has a good game, they test for PED's...

I bet tons of teams mess with the game balls to give them an advantage, but the Patriots are under way more scrutiny, just as Seattle has been.

Life Lesson:

Don't get involved in witch hunts because sooner or later they'll be at YOUR door with the pitchforks and the bonfire.

I will take you serious when you learn how to spell. Don't use a $5 word like PARITY unless you can at least spell it properly. 'Parody' is a form of comedy, although it does fit what you are telling Seahawk fans to do. :roll:

I'll take you seriously when you learn how to behave like an adult instead of a deranged spoiled child.

I've not slept one wink in over 48 hours - I can barely even see the effing computer screen at this point and I could give a rats ass if you want to correct a misplaced word. Why don't you call 911 over it?

I'm sick of the incessant mass hysteria that's plagued damn near the entire NFL season and now the playoffs as well. It's Rice, it's Peterson, then it's a bad call with the Lions, then it's Dez Bryant, now the Packers "shouldn't have lost" which is quickly overshadowed by the Patriots are not putting enough air in footballs.

This crap has been going on in the NFL for damn near a hundred years - but suddenly it's something to freak out about?

If Vince Lombardi were alive today - you all would hate his guts, and demand that he be "banned for life" for effing up the field prior to the Ice Bowl.

The issue here is social media and the inability of the population to handle it. The technology has outclassed the intellect.

You're fully of hypurbuly, oh wait, I'm sorry, hyperbole. Gotta be careful on those words, lest I be BANNED from posting.

Get some sleep. :th2thumbs:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Chawker":32xl4tcx said:
This is a simple punishment for Bilacheat, just add the two pounds of air into the pats super bowl balls.

I'd rather they shoved the cumulative total of missing air pressure up his urethra.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Now the league will have heightened suspicion against the patty cakes in the SB, works in our favor to catch him cheating before our match-up

pmedic920

Reaction score
Scottemojo":18gz636w said:
Hawk_Nation":18gz636w said:
If you are a QB with small Keebler Elf hands then obviously an underinflated ball helps with the grip, but both Luck & Brady are big guys with large hands. Don't really se how this would benefit strictly the Pats.

Besides, aren't the ball boys employed by the NFL and not by the team?
It was never about throwing.

It was about catching. It is easier to catch a soft ball in cold conditions.

I'm with MoJo on this, that and less possible fumbles.
I'm thinking this is a big deal but fully expect it to be down played.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Conspiracy: They were inspected before the game. Then someone must have switched them.

Who do we know who gets in trouble for switching balls?

Adrian Peterson

coach78

Reaction score
If they deflated the balls for this game, there has to be suspicion that they have for other cold weather games. Maybe the week before - a 4 point win against Baltimore?

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":xwxmy9l2 said:
Conspiracy: They were inspected before the game. Then someone must have switched them.

Adrian Peterson

HI-larious

Ruminator

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1kpfa70x said:
It is amazing how they just continue to cheat year in and year out. There needs to be a penalty. One with some teeth to it. This calls upon the integrity of the game.

Agree. If the league concludes the Patriots deliberately deflated the balls to a weight violating league parameters, that is an extremely serious offense that requires, in my opinion, one of the most painful reprimands ever handed out. For the sake of keeping the Super Bowl from falling apart, however, the league will probably purposely drag this investigation out so that the soonest they can apply a penalty would be after February 1.

They were caught in the AFCC game. Makes me wonder if they've been deflating balls in other games also. Unreal.

Among the rule changes going into the 2015 will certainly be one governing how game balls are provided and handled before the game.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Some schmuck in the equipment room is going to pay for this because in the end, someone was responsible for the game balls after the referees inspected them. The NFL is going to hold that guy accountable and he'll probably be gone by the end of the day tomorrow. Poor schmuck because no doubt he will be the scapegoat.

Other than that, it will all depend on what the NFL wants to do about this kind of stuff, what kind of message they want to send. Unfortunately, with Ray Rice and other stuff that has been mishandled by the NFL office, I think the Patriots will end up paying a higher penalty than they would otherwise. The league office will slam the hammer down on this one.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
It seems to me like most of the media are making a joke about this, mostly along the well-worn Lenoesque balls=testiclesHAHAHAHA path. Morning sports shows are calling up former NFL QBs like Steve Young - perhaps players that themselves benefited from this practice in the past - who are pooh-poohing the severity of this incident. If the controversy is found to be valid, I'd expect something like $100,000 against the Pats and another $250-500,000 against Belechick. Maybe the loss of a #1 pick. But no suspensions, and no real crackdown.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I think this should wipe out all fines to Marshawn Lynch and allow him to wear his gold shoes in the SB !!

HawkMeat

Reaction score
BullHawk33":8wq094ou said:
Some schmuck in the equipment room is going to pay for this because in the end, someone was responsible for the game balls after the referees inspected them. The NFL is going to hold that guy accountable and he'll probably be gone by the end of the day tomorrow. Poor schmuck because no doubt he will be the scapegoat.

Other than that, it will all depend on what the NFL wants to do about this kind of stuff, what kind of message they want to send. Unfortunately, with Ray Rice and other stuff that has been mishandled by the NFL office, I think the Patriots will end up paying a higher penalty than they would otherwise. The league office will slam the hammer down on this one.
Of course. There will be a scapegoat, and he will have to state he did it without anyone knowing. Then he can expect a check for taking one for the team.

This is dad though. The colts had no chance.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3atnb311 said:
Brad Johnson now admits to paying someone off to tamper with the balls in 2003..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uper-bowl/
Between this and the new DeflateGate, who wants to tell me there is ZERO CHANCE that the Colts ever could have contemplated intentionally losing to get the #1 draft pick, again? :lol:

Yeah, organizations and players would never cheat in any way, under any circumstances!

Man, it kills me how obtuse some people are. :)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":epe5yxcm said:
Hawk_Nation":epe5yxcm said:
Brad Johnson now admits to paying someone off to tamper with the balls in 2003..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uper-bowl/
Between this and the new DeflateGate, who wants to tell me there is ZERO CHANCE that the Colts ever could have contemplated intentionally losing to get the #1 draft pick, again? :lol:

Yeah, organizations and players would never cheat in any way, under any circumstances!

Man, it kills me how obtuse some people are. :)

Because throwing 14 games is on par with deflating balls by 2 PSI. Notice that every time you hear about cheating, it's in an attempt to WIN games. You never hear about cheating with the goal of losing games and very likely your job along with them. Coaches lost jobs. Players got cut. Polian got fired and so did his son. I'm sure that was their goal. :roll:

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":50g3qn4y said:

Adrian Peterson

Switch them?
How about a tire inflating needle? It fits in your hand. Let air out for like a second.......... and there you go. Nobody is the wiser.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2jwygaof said:
Because throwing 14 games is on par with deflating balls by 2 PSI. Notice that every time you hear about cheating, it's in an attempt to WIN games. You never hear about cheating with the goal of losing games and very likely your job along with them. Coaches lost jobs. Players got cut. Polian got fired and so did his son. I'm sure that was their goal. :roll:
Yeah, because it'd take a concerted effort to lose 14 games with Curtis Painter at QB all year and a mediocre defense. Otherwise, hell, they'd have just stumbled onto a 16-0 season, right?

Also, way to imply that they wouldn't win by losing in the form of being able to draft Andrew Luck. Yep, no upside to it at all. Keep it comin', Volsung; I love it! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.