Belicheat confirmed...Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats fan1

Reaction score
Hawkpower":tmauiw4b said:
Pats fan1":tmauiw4b said:
DavidSeven":tmauiw4b said:
Why deflect blame to the referees? Maybe they should have known; maybe they shouldn't. It's typical hindsight, MMQB-ing. It only becomes obvious to everyone after the fact. To me, the concept of a team cheating in this fashion and to this degree is so insane that I could see it easily being overlooked by any competent person. There are a million other things they are responsible for. When they were asked to properly inspect the balls before the game and at halftime, they did just that.

If something shady did happen here, the blame goes to the parties with intent (the Patriots). Simple as that.

They're reporting on the radio now that a reporter covering the Senior Bowl was asking current NFL coaches about deflate gate and the coaches are saying it's totally blown out of proporation....

Basically...many teams do this to take care of their QB and it's wide spread.

Brad Johnson of the 2002 Super Bowl winning Bucs said he paid around $75,000 to doctor up the footballs. Where's the asterisk for the Bucs' SB?

Don't hold the Pats to different standards.

And if they find out multiple teams around the NFL deflate or inflate game balls beyond or below the legal limits then it publicly needs to be reported nationally and all teams, all coaches and all QB's need to be publicly mentioned.

Um, cheating is cheating, regardless of how many "others" are doing it.

Doesnt sound like Indy was using deflated balls, therefore, you gained a competitive advantage.

No, they just pumped in fake crowd noise in the RCA Dome and cranked up the heat during the '06 AFC title game. But hey, they were the anti-Pats with their good Christian coach Tony Dungy and good mid western Indiana white christian people with morals and values.

Everyone is allowed to cheat except the Patriots.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pats fan1":3n0flw4x said:
No, they just pumped in fake crowd noise in the RCA Dome and cranked up the heat during the '06 AFC title game. But hey, they were the anti-Pats with their good Christian coach Tony Dungy and good mid western Indiana white christian people with morals and values.

Nope, you're just dumb and get caught.

So the most logical resolution to all this is if your front office is too dumb to cheat without getting caught, you should stop cheating.

Pats fan1

Reaction score
Until there is evidence someone in the Pats' organization deflated the footballs you can't do anything. There has to be someone who either comes clean and admits to tampering, is caught on video or voice recorded.

It's true the footballs deflated some how. We can rule out the weather. If it's proven the refs didn't touch them ok. But you got to prove someone in the Pats' organization did it. We're all innocent till proven guilty.

Pats fan1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1f68anja said:
Pats fan1":1f68anja said:

Nope, you're just dumb and get caught.

So the most logical resolution to all this is if your front office is too dumb to cheat without getting caught, you should stop cheating.[/quote

Naw, most teams break the rules. Their local media doesn't report it and burries it on the back page and ESPN doesn't cover it. When the Pats do the exact same thing as other teams it becomes one's obsession in life.

I didn't cheat so I don't owe you an apology and I won't apologize. Take it up with the people who did this. When you can find me the specific people who did it caught on video or admitted it. Names names names.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Well, the NFL isn't exactly a court of law. They aren't bound to a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. I think they have the leeway to make logical conclusions. Same story with the NCAA. If it becomes obvious that the balls were intentionally manipulated, no one is going to believe an equipment guy acted by himself. Punishment will come down.

FanSince82

Reaction score
Pats fan1":2flwimkz said:
Until there is evidence someone in the Pats' organization deflated the footballs you can't do anything. There has to be someone who either comes clean and admits to tampering, is caught on video or voice recorded.

It's true the footballs deflated some how. We can rule out the weather. If it's proven the refs didn't touch them ok. But you got to prove someone in the Pats' organization did it. We're all innocent till proven guilty.

In the court of law, yes. This isn't a court of law. They don't need to prove the Pats cheated beyond reasonable doubt, just enough to satisfy the commissioner.

If it really is true the refs checked the ball right before the game, you're going to get hammered by the league for this.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Pats fan1":1g09rwbf said:

Interesting you say that when you just posted

Where is the proof for that claim of yours then? I don't recall ever hearing the Colts getting in trouble for those allegations. Innocent till proven guilty only applies for the Patriots but you sure seem to find the Colts guilty with no evidence to show they did what you say.

This is making for an interesting story leading up to the Super Bowl. Glad things are quiet for the Seahawks at the moment

huskylawyer

Reaction score
ESPN radio just reported that the Indy balls that were tested after the game (with the Pats ball) conformed and were within regulation....

Doesn't look good for BB and the Pats.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Pats fan1":2w7li55h said:

Slow down. Slow down.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Boom.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/557960947290345472[/tweet]

Pats fan1

Reaction score
FanSince82":11th4h5a said:
Pats fan1":11th4h5a said:

In the court of law, yes. This isn't a court of law. They don't need to prove the Pats cheated beyond reasonable doubt, just enough to satisfy the commissioner.

If it really is true the refs checked the ball right before the game, you're going to get hammered by the league for this.

And how do we know the refs were telling the truth? lol Don't be naive.

If you or someone else was a ref and purposely deflated a football and the national media and NFL came after you or them do you think they would come clean and risk fines and possibly imprisonment?

Look, we live in a world where so many people are corrupt, thieves, deceitful.....yes, the Pats, other teams and possibly the refs.

People are going to cover their as%es to save their careers and lives.

And there is more to come I believe.

I think this is the tip of the iceberg. And I have a feeling the NFL does a around the league investigation and find this is wide spread. We'll probably here and see former players and former coaches and former refs come out and talk about manipulating footballs weight and characteristics to gain a competitive edge beyond the rules.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pats fan1":25r79nwp said:
I didn't cheat so I don't owe you an apology and I won't apologize. Take it up with the people who did this. When you can find me the specific people who did it caught on video or admitted it. Names names names.

Oh they'll blame the ball boy and fire him or something stupid, even though you'd have to be an idiot to not know both Belicheat and Brady knew this was going on, probably most of the offensive players as well.

QB's all over the league past and present are coming out saying how they all like the ball at different PSI's, so obviously this came directly from Brady since he's the one throwing the balls.

Pats fan1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ty24mkn said:
Boom.

I'm not denying the Pats didn't do anything illegal. But why didn't the refs do anything at half time. Why didn't they cancel the game or bring Belichick and the Pats' coaching staff into the office at half time and read them the riot act?

Right when the refs found out the balls were doctored whether in the first quarter or fourth quarter the game should have been temporarily suspended.

Pats fan1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1v7tq86j said:
Pats fan1":1v7tq86j said:

Oh they'll blame the ball boy and fire him or something stupid, even though you'd have to be an idiot to not know both Belicheat and Brady knew this was going on, probably most of the offensive players as well.

QB's all over the league past and present are coming out saying how they all like the ball at different PSI's, so obviously this came directly from Brady since he's the one throwing the balls.

So do all the QB's say they like the ball below or above the legal limit and beyond the rules?

Where does Russell Wilson like his football PSI set at and do the Seahawks inflate or over inflate them beyond the rules? They'll most likely be asked during media week.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Pats fan1":w4nh53cq said:
DavidSeven":w4nh53cq said:
Boom.

I'm not denying the Pats didn't do anything illegal. But why didn't the refs do anything at half time. Why didn't they cancel the game or bring Belichick and the Pats' coaching staff into the office at half time and read them the riot act?

Right when the refs found out the balls were doctored whether in the first quarter or fourth quarter the game should have been temporarily suspended.

I would assume because it would still require the NFL to investigate matters to prevent them from having a lawsuit filed for any action taken without knowing all the facts.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Pats fan1":36ka2jxp said:
If the Pats wouldn't have used those questionable "eligible/non-eligible" play formations against the Ravens and wouldn't have beat the Ravens and if the Pats wouldn't have played the Colts and wouldn't have beat the Cotls I bet you none of this would have been reported or exposed.

The problem is the Colts and Ravens have serious hate for the Pats. It's personal. Many teams conspire against the Pats especially in the AFC.

If the Pats would have beaten the Chargers or Bengals or Browns if they were met in the playoffs I highly doubt anything would have been reported.

After the Ravens/Pats game there were reports that coach Harbaugh and coach Pagano contacted each other to talk about "things."

It's almost as if the Colts knew they would lose this game and instead of game planning to try to beat the Pats they showed up as detectives to try to find anything they could to catch the Pats.

You know how not to get caught by detectives? Don't be doing crap wrong. I see all kinds of excuses in your post fact is they are a good team! The Pats shouldn't have to lower the air pressure in the balls, they did because they are right on the borderline always and occasionally over it, to be caught twice lends credibility to the idea they are systematically dirty. The fact that Bill and Tom said its laughable to think they cheated, why is that cause you have no history of it? It's laughable at this point to think the balls only deflated on the Pats sidelines, Tom didn't notice, and control freak Bill had no idea.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Pats fan1":2jjk8x36 said:
FanSince82":2jjk8x36 said:

And how do we know the refs were telling the truth? lol Don't be naive.

If you or someone else was a ref and purposely deflated a football and the national media and NFL came after you or them do you think they would come clean and risk fines and possibly imprisonment?

Look, we live in a world where so many people are corrupt, thieves, deceitful.....yes, the Pats, other teams and possibly the refs.

People are going to cover their as%es to save their careers and lives.

And there is more to come I believe.

I think this is the tip of the iceberg. And I have a feeling the NFL does a around the league investigation and find this is wide spread. We'll probably here and see former players and former coaches and former refs come out and talk about manipulating footballs weight and characteristics to gain a competitive edge beyond the rules.
Actually, convictions based on circumstantial evidence happen all the time. Anyhow, the most obvious conclusion is almost always the right one. We may not ever finger the specific person(s) who did this, although I imagine some poor equipment manager will be scapegoated (and eventually paid off).

You're flailing. You team cheated and there is no grand conspiracy. Whether other teams have cheated in the past is of no consequence at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pats fan1":ycwft09u said:
Sgt. Largent":ycwft09u said:
Pats fan1":ycwft09u said:

So do all the QB's say they like the ball below or above the legal limit and beyond the rules?

Where does Russell Wilson like his football PSI set at and do the Seahawks inflate or over inflate them beyond the rules? They'll most likely be asked during media week.

You're assuming how QB's like the PSI of the football means they're all inflating and deflating them during games? lol.

If this is as widespread as you're saying, then why aren't more QB's past and present coming out and saying "oh yeah, we all did/do this."

Is this normal for Patriots fans to explain away cheating with "everybody else does it?" Cause that's pretty lame.

It's like the steroid issue, just admit you got caught, you're remorseful and the public will be far less judgmental, it's the denying and explaining away that makes people mad and unwilling to change their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.