Belicheat confirmed...Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
First off, do any of you really think that deflated balls had anything to do with Patriots flat out massacre of the Colts? Secondly, haven't any of you ever left your basketball out in the sun and later picked it up and dribbled it, wondering why it seems to have more bounce? The heat expanded the air inside.

I guarantee you if you fill a football with 12 lbs of pressure in the locker room then take it outside in the cold for 30-60 mins and check it again you find that it is less than 12 lbs.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Pats fan1":t3rnsdgp said:
DavidSeven":t3rnsdgp said:
Boom.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/557960947290345472[/tweet]

I'm not denying the Pats didn't do anything illegal. But why didn't the refs do anything at half time. Why didn't they cancel the game or bring Belichick and the Pats' coaching staff into the office at half time and read them the riot act?

Right when the refs found out the balls were doctored whether in the first quarter or fourth quarter the game should have been temporarily suspended.

You miss the point. This is ONLY punishable by fines, suspensions and draft picks. It's not a penalty in the game. It's not something they would cancel a game or forfeit the victory. Your team will be punished according to the rules this falls under.

Unfortanely your team doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

homerun1970

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3fx94rl5 said:
First off, do any of you really think that deflated balls had anything to do with Patriots flat out massacre of the Colts? Secondly, haven't any of you ever left your basketball out in the sun and later picked it up and dribbled it, wondering why it seems to have more bounce? The heat expanded the air inside.

I guarantee you if you fill a football with 12 lbs of pressure in the locker room then take it outside in the cold for 30-60 mins and check it again you find that it is less than 12 lbs.

Living by a professors calculations to drop that amount of air pressure in the volume of a football would take an 80 degree temperature change. It was in the 50's at gametime so where was it 130 that they were airing up balls?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":d2n29gly said:
Pats fan1":d2n29gly said:
Sgt. Largent":d2n29gly said:
Pats fan1":d2n29gly said:
I didn't cheat so I don't owe you an apology and I won't apologize. Take it up with the people who did this. When you can find me the specific people who did it caught on video or admitted it. Names names names.

Oh they'll blame the ball boy and fire him or something stupid, even though you'd have to be an idiot to not know both Belicheat and Brady knew this was going on, probably most of the offensive players as well.

QB's all over the league past and present are coming out saying how they all like the ball at different PSI's, so obviously this came directly from Brady since he's the one throwing the balls.

So do all the QB's say they like the ball below or above the legal limit and beyond the rules?

Where does Russell Wilson like his football PSI set at and do the Seahawks inflate or over inflate them beyond the rules? They'll most likely be asked during media week.

You're assuming how QB's like the PSI of the football means they're all inflating and deflating them during games? lol.

If this is as widespread as you're saying, then why aren't more QB's past and present coming out and saying "oh yeah, we all did/do this."

Is this normal for Patriots fans to explain away cheating with "everybody else does it?" Cause that's pretty lame.

It's like the steroid issue, just admit you got caught, you're remorseful and the public will be far less judgmental, it's the denying and explaining away that makes people mad and unwilling to change their opinion.

You mean like Sherman did, "the broken cup defense"? His piss still was positive and later he had the nerve to talk shit about other Hawk players that got caught as if he never did anything wrong.

Not saying I agree with this guy, but people that live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

Lonnie

Reaction score
Great, now the game will have a layer of stink on it. Watch how this plays out as Pats flunky did it on his own and will now fall on sword for the team.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":d7i4urjr said:

Except it sounds like the Colts' balls, under the same conditions were fine.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
homerun1970":3qigzvus said:
lvnginhwktwn":3qigzvus said:

Living by a professors calculations to drop that amount of air pressure in the volume of a football would take an 80 degree temperature change. It was in the 50's at gametime so where was it 130 that they were airing up balls?

BS! And you don't think balls leak? The design of the air inlet hasn't change in a very long time and is still not full proof. If they were they wouldn't be selling so many pumps.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
They played like crap in the first half when the balls were under inflated. But when the refs found out about in the 2nd half and replaced the balls with properly inflated ones, the Patriots killed them. Doesn't seem like much of an advantage.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":nvcdd5m6 said:
You mean like Sherman did, "the broken cup defense"? His piss still was positive and later he had the nerve to talk shit about other Hawk players that got caught as if he never did anything wrong.

Not saying I agree with this guy, but people that live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

I was one of the first ones to condemn Sherman, and Browner, and Irvin, and Thurmond.

But IMO personal player conduct is different than a organizational systemic problem like the Pats. But if we're talking about player conduct then this discussion is over cause your player is sitting in prison for murdering three people, including his pregnant girlfriend.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Seanhawk":ck354riy said:
lvnginhwktwn":ck354riy said:

So again you really think the balls had a lot to do with the loss? Ok so maybe now each ref should carry a meter with them and check each ball as its put into play. C'mon! The game is already getting ridiculous.

homerun1970

Reaction score
:roll: Yeah living 11 of 12 leaked on the pats sidline. The balls on the Colts sidline remained unaffected by either weather or amazingly conformitive leaking valves.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2ielp80y said:
Seanhawk":2ielp80y said:
lvnginhwktwn":2ielp80y said:

So again you really think the balls had a lot to do with the loss? Ok so maybe now each ref should carry a meter with them and check each ball as its put into play. C'mon! The game is already getting ridiculous.

Mods this guy is clearly trolling and providing nothing relating to this thread.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3l3h4svm said:
lvnginhwktwn":3l3h4svm said:

I was one of the first ones to condemn Sherman, and Browner, and Irvin, and Thurmond.

But IMO personal player conduct is different than a organizational systemic problem like the Pats. But if we're talking about player conduct then this discussion is over cause your player is sitting in prison for murdering three people, including his pregnant girlfriend.

Ahh, and which 49er would that be?

Rob12

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2anp9zyk said:
Seanhawk":2anp9zyk said:
lvnginhwktwn":2anp9zyk said:

5a292598373e69a45cc57028341f9cdd.jpg

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":8b3x4r86 said:
lvnginhwktwn":8b3x4r86 said:
Seanhawk":8b3x4r86 said:
lvnginhwktwn":8b3x4r86 said:

Mods this guy is clearly trolling and providing nothing relating to this thread.

Its an opinion, same as everyone else's posting in this thread. Opinions that differ from yours now constitute trolling? Grow up.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":jghv119k said:
lvnginhwktwn":jghv119k said:
Seanhawk":jghv119k said:
lvnginhwktwn":jghv119k said:

5a292598373e69a45cc57028341f9cdd.jpg

Beautiful.

Phteven

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2d555w78 said:
So 11 of 12 were underinflated for the offense, and one was normal for kickoffs and field goals..

Damn
My understanding is that there are 6 brand new footballs used for kickoffs for both teams.

Phteven

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2ktvtpmi said:

Wouldn't that affect all the balls and not just 11 of the 12 balls used by one team? Colts balls were all regulation. Was the weather different on their sideline?

Edit: LOL. Looks like I'm late to the party. See that others had the same thought.

Regarding the entire line of reasoning that the balls didn't affect the inevitable outcome, that the thing about cheating. You really don't know. I think the Patriots are the better team, but the reality is that we now don't know because they cheated. And now that it's clear that they had an advantage, it begs the question, 'In what other ways might they have cheated?' We know that the Pats coaches are smart and creative. In what other ways did they create an unfair advantage for their team that is outside the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.