Bellore Cut

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Effective cap space has to be near $50 m. If you add in the dead cap charge of 36m. We can’t use it now but you can assuage some contracts to use some of that money next year. Seahawks might be bigger players in the Free Agency than I would ever thought.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Seahawks are closer to $60 million in cap space where as 3-4 weeks ago Seahawks were over the cap. Going to be an interesting free agency and draft this season.

Jville

Reaction score
I liked Bellore and I don't think he's going to be easy to replace on Special Teams but I feel like he needed more legitimate FB snaps to justify his price tag.

Best Wishes to Nick Bellfore. He lead the way in keeping Seahawk Special Teams in the upper echelon of special teams play.

Nick was primarily the Special Teams Leader. Jay Harbaugh, the new Special Teams Coordinator, will open up that team captain leadership role. Those occasional full back alignments were maned by tight ends. Two very versatile tight ends that most fans are looking past are Tyler Mabry and Brady Russell. Physical toughness and versatility are advertised themes this year. The gritty Tyler Mabry just won't give up and anyone born at the base of Camp Pendlelton has got to be tough.

Turning the page.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
Kinda sorry to see this, but not surprised. Bellore is a prime example of a "coach's guy," a player who is still effective in a limited role but was kept around the last couple of years largely because Pete liked and trusted him.

New regime, new guys will be brought in. At his price tag, you can get a slew of younger, faster guys to come in and fill roles he did and do other things as well.

Jville

Reaction score
It probably should also be acknowledged that Belfore was listed as a linebacker and as such contributed in short yardage situations down close to the goal line. Versatility is a big plus for a 17 game schedule with changing game plans requiring a specific blend of skills from one week to the next. Finding his replacement is something to keep an eye on.

Latest posts