Bengals vs Bills

cymatica

Reaction score
The doctors treating him may have a good idea of the exact cause. Nobody else can possibly know.

Stating that it had something to do with vaccines is ignorant, disingenuous, and politically motivated.

Stating that it had nothing to do with vaccines is ignorant, disingenuous, and politically motivated.

Political shills are assholes.
Yes taking a hard stance on either side is ignorant at this moment in this specific case, but people have good reason to speculate since there have been a ton cardiac issues as of late, like an unprecedented number of issues in young healthy people. There have been several deaths of people right after taking the shot, specifically related to cardiac issues, and there has been blatant attempts to dismiss and censor any discussion about vaccines being the cause, even in cases that it should be discussed. So you can't really blame people for speculating. Maybe if there was actual honesty around the efficacy and safety then people wouldn't be speculating so much

renofox

Reaction score
Yes taking a hard stance on either side is ignorant at this moment in this specific case, but people have good reason to speculate since there have been a ton cardiac issues as of late, like an unprecedented number of issues in young healthy people. There have been several deaths of people right after taking the shot, specifically related to cardiac issues, and there has been blatant attempts to dismiss and censor any discussion about vaccines being the cause, even in cases that it should be discussed. So you can't really blame people for speculating. Maybe if there was actual honesty around the efficacy and safety then people wouldn't be speculating so much
I agree that we need to look into the issue since there is enough evidence to warrant an investigation.

But throwing it out there just because it's a possibility is done BECAUSE someone is trying to push a political narrative - that applies to both sides.

The focus needs to be on Hamlin and the circumstances, NOT injecting possibly related/unrelated speculation.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Regarding #3. Please correct me if I state this wrongly, but I just heard a doctor comment about the likelihood that Hamlin was put into an induced coma to reduce his body temperature and the amount of energy needed by his organs so as to allow them to recover or heal from the trauma. Is that a decent summation?
Close enough. The initial research on this was very promising, but the promise has been tempered with time. However, most of the data is not in young healthy people, who are more likely to benefit from the cooling.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This is nonsense.

Science isn't wild speculation shoehorning a continually disproven ideology (which is what the antivax movement is) and treating as respectable scientific theory.

It's not "both sides". There are not sides, there are scientific facts, theories, and educated speculation and uneducated speculation. The covid vaccine having anything to do with what happened on the field last night is an even less educated speculation than covid itself having contributed. You clearly want the vaccines to have contributed, otherwise you wouldn't have said a thing.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The problem is that it likely will have huge effect on seeding. As it stands now, the Bills and Bengals, along with the Chiefs, have a shot at the #1 seed and HFA through the playoffs.

Thanks for the info.

Regarding #3. Please correct me if I state this wrongly, but I just heard a doctor comment about the likelihood that Hamlin was put into an induced coma to reduce his body temperature and the amount of energy needed by his organs so as to allow them to recover or heal from the trauma. Is that a decent summation?
Induced Hypothermia is a very well accepted course of treatment following ROSC (return of spontaneous circulation).

Many larger, aggressive, and financially stable ambulance services initiate it in the field following ROSC.
Studies show that it can improve outcomes, with little or no risk.

Sorry I stepped in, I know you weren’t asking me but I doubt BSD will dispute anything I’ve said on the subject.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Induced Hypothermia is a very well accepted course of treatment following ROSC (return of spontaneous circulation).

Many larger, aggressive, and financially stable ambulance services initiate it in the field following ROSC.

Sorry I stepped in, I know you weren’t asking me but I doubt BSD will dispute anything I’ve said on the subject.
Out of curiosity do you still teach giving breaths in cpr? 30 and 2? One way mask if available?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Think they should just call this game a draw.. no one wants to play this.. tomorrow, or next week.
Do you think it is strange that there is no plan to resume the game, but the league office still expects the Bengals and Bills to play their week #18 games this Sunday?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Out of curiosity do you still teach giving breaths in cpr? 30 and 2? One way mask if available?
For adults yes.

Infants/small children 15:2

One way mask if available. But DO NOT delay chest compressions looking or waiting for a mask. The oxygen still in the bloodstream is more important.

If you are alone do 2 mins of chest compressions BEFORE calling for help. sounds crazy but those initial compressions are that important.

If you’re truly concerned I highly recommend you take a refresher class. The new information is great, the practice is even more important.

Edit: as I said before, there are currently 2 classes.
One for Health Care providers
The other is for laypersons.

The layperson class is hands only and rescue breathing is based on comfort level of rescuers and available equipment.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

With induced hypothermia having the highest success rate in children and young people, there’s a good chance it may have been introduced.

That said, with whatever procedure, the facts are is that the man is in what’s been referred to as a medically assisted coma. Most likely for at least one more day.

RiverDog

Reaction score

No need to apologize, I'm glad you tossed in your two cents worth!

I'm not in the medical field, but my daughter is a charge nurse at an urgent care clinic and I have a nephew that's an MD currently doing his residency, so anything I can learn about medicine in here will make me appear a lot smarter than I look, and that's a real challenge!

pmedic920

Reaction score
With induced hypothermia having the highest success rate in children and young people, there’s a good chance it may have been introduced.

That said, with whatever procedure, the facts are is that the man is in what’s been referred to as a medically assisted coma. Most likely for at least one more day.
This could be good information but I can’t say one way or another.
I do know that incidents of sudden cardiac arrest are not common in children and young adults so I’d assume that data and research is limited in that aspect.

Cardiac arrest in children is almost always related to respiratory issues, then trauma, possibly both simultaneously. Cardiac arrest in children is not typically common due to the same causes as the elderly. Ie electrical conductivity, Congestive Heart failure, metabolic/electrolyte imbalance etc etc

pmedic920

Reaction score
No need to apologize, I'm glad you tossed in your two cents worth!

I'm not in the medical field, but my daughter is a charge nurse at an urgent care clinic and I have a nephew that's an MD currently doing his residency, so anything I can learn about medicine in here will make me appear a lot smarter than I look, and that's a real challenge!
Well I certainly don’t make a habit of engaging in these issues here but in light of the situation I think it’s good information and filler as we wait for official updates etc.

GOOD QUALITY CPR and early defibrillation truly is the the MOST important ingredient of surviving cardiac arrest.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Saw a report that he's down to only 50% oxygen. Good stuff. I remember going through the ventilation on my son in the NICU and weening off oxygen. Such a good feeling making progress.

cymatica

Reaction score
This is nonsense.

Science isn't wild speculation shoehorning a continually disproven ideology (which is what the antivax movement is) and treating as respectable scientific theory.

It's not "both sides". There are not sides, there are scientific facts, theories, and educated speculation and uneducated speculation. The covid vaccine having anything to do with what happened on the field last night is an even less educated speculation than covid itself having contributed. You clearly want the vaccines to have contributed, otherwise you wouldn't have said a thing.
Your post is ignorant nonsense.

First of all, there absolutely has not been honest and transparent science surrounding the current COVID shots and treatments. There has been a lot of censorship, there's been threats to doctors careers, there has been no open discussion and when people who have credible reputations and have done their due diligence try to have open discussions they are being refused while getting blanket conspiracy labels attached to them. The facts are that these shots are causing cardiac issues, but for some reason that discussion is not allowed. You want to end conspiracies, then don't give them ammo and actually at least look like you aren't trying to hide that fact(not you personally). Yes there are scientific facts, and there are also people who contribute to falsifying studies and fudging the data(Pfizer has been caught doing that btw). So don't lecture me about science or sides when you act like you are completely oblivious to the human element involved.

Second of all, you suggesting I want vaccines to be the cause because I happen to understand why people are legitimately concerned, is nothing but pure conspiratorial assumption on your part. I only said something because people like you like to blindly label people conspiracy theorists ad nauseam, I actually bothered to logically explain why people are speculating in the first place instead of just name calling.

Threedee

Reaction score
I agree that we need to look into the issue since there is enough evidence to warrant an investigation.

But throwing it out there just because it's a possibility is done BECAUSE someone is trying to push a political narrative - that applies to both sides.

The focus needs to be on Hamlin and the circumstances, NOT injecting possibly related/unrelated speculation.
Injecting?