Bengals vs Bills

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If he passes, I think the totally cancel this game.

If he makes it, could they play tomorrow? Otherwise Bengals Win 7-3.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Thanks ESPN

it doesn’t take any kind of expert to understand that cardiac arrest and ventilator = “critical condition”

Pretty sure the message being given is that he is not deceased.

D

DomeHawk

You could see that the players were traumatized right away. Frightening to see him receiving CPR. No way they were playing after that.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Yea I’m not a fan of that take.

I understand the concern and frustration but I think they moved pretty quickly.

It appears to me that they allowed the coaches to either make the call, or at minimum have input. This stuff takes a bit of time and I think they did an exceptional job. This is a rare situation that I’m sure they don’t have a standard operating procedure for.
I tend to agree, as much as I am loathe to give the NFL front office (especially Goodell) any credit, this is a legitimate life and death emergency that just hit a very large operation. This kind of thing never goes smoothly when it's just grandpa having a heart attack at the dinner table, forget a national broadcast and a stadium full of people.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If he passes, I think the totally cancel this game.

If he makes it, could they play tomorrow? Otherwise Bengals Win 7-3.

Given the seeding implications, I think they’ll play Tuesday or Wednesday.

I don’t think in any universe that nfl will just award Bengals that game.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Thanks ESPN

it doesn’t take any kind of expert to understand that cardiac arrest and ventilator = “critical condition”
There are reports on Twitter that he was intubated. One thing i don't understand and maybe you could help, why did the ambulance wait for the mother? Not to sound callous but in these situations minutes can count. In the UK I feel sure the ambulance would not have waited.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Pretty sure the message being given is that he is not deceased.
Well on that.

That would seem like the case but we just don’t know that.

As terrible as it sounds many deceased individuals (especially young and healthy individuals) are kept on ventilators in an effort to allow time for family to say goodbye.
Another very valid reason for this is to be able to harvest organs.

My hopes and prayers are this is not the case in this case but it is the reality of possible outcomes.

pmedic920

Reaction score
There are reports on Twitter that he was intubated. One thing i don't understand and maybe you could help, why did the ambulance wait for the mother? Not to sound callous but in these situations minutes can count. In the UK I feel sure the ambulance would not have waited.
Intubation is something that gets done in almost every cardiac arrest situation.

As far as waiting for his mother it’s hard to say.
Could mean they considered him stable, might mean they considered efforts futile.
It’s just really hard to speculate on that aspect.

D

DomeHawk

Well on that.

As terrible as it sounds many deceased individuals (especially young and healthy individuals) are kept on ventilators in an effort to allow time for family to say goodbye.

My hopes and prayers are this is not the case in this case but it is the reality of possible outcomes.
I was just thinking the same thing. Hope that's not the case.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It really looked like Roger was gonna pull a Vince McMahon..5 minutes to warm up...really awful.

RiverDog

Reaction score
This one hit home. As a junior in high school, I had a teammate that lost consciousness, collapsed on the field, and never recovered. He died 2 days later of a brain aneurysm. I was the player that substituted for him when he went down and stood by as I watched his lifeless body lifted onto a stretcher and put in the back of an ambulance. It was in September of 1971. No trained paramedics in '71 to give CPR, they were simply drivers that would take a victim to the hospital.

I created a Word document about the incident that I'd like to share if you guys think it appropriate. My thoughts and prayers are with Damar Hamlin.

knownone

Reaction score
The hit and aftermath look eerily similar to videos of baseball players getting hit in the chest with a pitch and collapsing. I can't remember what it's called, but the probability of survival is roughly 50/50, even with immediate treatment.

Let's hope for the best.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Pulse is good, just praying that they got oxygen to him asap.

****, this is the worst.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The hit and aftermath look eerily similar to videos of baseball players getting hit in the chest with a pitch and collapsing. I can't remember what it's called, but the probability of survival is roughly 50/50, even with immediate treatment.

Let's hope for the best.

It is called Commotio Corrdis.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Well on that.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make & I don't care.

You seemed to take some umbrage that ESPN was telling us information that was pretty obvious & I was simply pointing out that saying he's in critical condition is better than saying he's not deceased which is the only other thing they could possibly say.