Bennett Locker room meltdown

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1qoghu70 said:
Year of The Hawk":1qoghu70 said:
Until players start bashing there own team Pete probably will never step in.

You mean like flipping their coaches the bird from the field (which has happened 2x now) or getting in screaming matches with each other and/or their coaches on the sideline? Does being a generally really undisciplined team that racks up unnecessary penalties all the time count as bashing your own team?

Like it or not, the Hawks are a very undisciplined team, and that comes from the top down and always has.

To be clear I think they're an incredibly talented team and are going to continue be a major part of the conversation for the next three years at an absolute minimum, but they're as undisciplined of a team as currently exists in the NFL, and that shows its head in a myriad of ways.

When did any of our players flip off Pete? Can anyone show proof of this, I must have missed it

Either way, my philosophy has always been this. I do not believe in a coach or any leader having a militant, parent style approach. I believe players and employees should do the right thing and express themselves so long as that emotion comes from a good place. When an employee fails to do that, then I let them go.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2bqdtvnx said:
Popeyejones":2bqdtvnx said:
Year of The Hawk":2bqdtvnx said:
Until players start bashing there own team Pete probably will never step in.

You mean like flipping their coaches the bird from the field (which has happened 2x now) or getting in screaming matches with each other and/or their coaches on the sideline? Does being a generally really undisciplined team that racks up unnecessary penalties all the time count as bashing your own team?

Like it or not, the Hawks are a very undisciplined team, and that comes from the top down and always has.

To be clear I think they're an incredibly talented team and are going to continue be a major part of the conversation for the next three years at an absolute minimum, but they're as undisciplined of a team as currently exists in the NFL, and that shows its head in a myriad of ways.

When did any of our players flip off Pete? Can anyone show proof of this, I must have missed it

Sorry, from your response I can't tell if you don't actually know what I'm talking about and are accidentally misquoting me, or are deliberately misquoting me and using sarcasm as a form of gaslighting.

If the former, by all means say so.

Scorpion05":2bqdtvnx said:
Either way, my philosophy has always been this. I do not believe in a coach or any leader having a militant, parent style approach. I believe players and employees should do the right thing and express themselves so long as that emotion comes from a good place. When an employee fails to do that, then I let them go.

Yes, one can absolutely err too far the other way and create problems by being an unflinching and controlling disciplinarian.

Luckily, we don't live an entirely black and white world though, and most good leaders in the long-term, I'd argue, are able to blend the "always forgiving mother" and "intolerant father" sides of leadership.

The question is if PC errs too far in not blending those leadership styles, which is, of course, a matter of opinion.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3ahecpjc said:
This is a situation where a fully grown adult got mad and said some cuss words and mean things to another fully grown adult. In other words, who cares?

Underscore. +1. Word. This.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
ESPN’s Michael Wilbon says Seattle needs to “shut up”:

“It’s time for Seattle to shut up. Bennett, all of them, shut up! All they are now is an ordinary, washed-up former champion, and they run their mouths and tell you what they’re not gonna talk about, not gonna do. Then, their over-caffeinated coach, who stops at every corner of Seattle and drinks something: one of those lattes, something special… shut up, Seattle. You guys are overrated, now. You don’t win anything. Shut up!”

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":1c733kaa said:
fenderbender123":1c733kaa said:
This is a situation where a fully grown adult got mad and said some cuss words and mean things to another fully grown adult. In other words, who cares?

Underscore. +1. Word. This.
+2 Who cares?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3klb4aa7 said:
How do you control egos? You don't. You let them vent it out. What is wrong with that? At least you know how they feel. Then if it is something that you can address and help then you at least know. If they mop around without saying anything then I would worry more. Until players start bashing there own team Pete probably will never step in. IMO I like that. I also don't like comparisons to Bill B and the Pats. I don't want them to be the Patriots. I want them to be Seahawks.

You don't want 4 Lombardi's in 13 years?

I sure as hell do, if that means churning the roster over more frequently and getting rid of outspoken disrupting type players that think they know better than the coaches? Hell yes, sign me up right now.

Why would anyone want to sacrifice wins and championships so we can have a bunch of distractions and nonsense because our coach won't reel it in.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wnfd0mh said:
Year of The Hawk":2wnfd0mh said:
How do you control egos? You don't. You let them vent it out. What is wrong with that? At least you know how they feel. Then if it is something that you can address and help then you at least know. If they mop around without saying anything then I would worry more. Until players start bashing there own team Pete probably will never step in. IMO I like that. I also don't like comparisons to Bill B and the Pats. I don't want them to be the Patriots. I want them to be Seahawks.

I sure as hell do, if that means churning the roster over more frequently and getting rid of outspoken disrupting type players that think they know better than the coaches? Hell yes, sign me up right now.

Why would anyone want to sacrifice wins and championships so we can have a bunch of distractions and nonsense because our coach won't reel it in.

They can talk all they want, media irks the hell out of me as is, while he may be on the Team and play for the NFL he is also a person first, getting in his place and in his face I am surprised more don't get throat punched, do that a few times and you would have more respect and yes fear from the media. Besides if they back it up who cares, it not going to cost us a Championship, in fact when we were being much more active as a team talking and strutting we were playing better.

Guys that break out in a celebration when down 3 touchdowns I think are far worse.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1w7poih8 said:
chris98251":1w7poih8 said:
Besides if they back it up who cares

But they don't anymore.

Number 3 scoring defense isn't number one, but having Earl, Kam, Sherman, Shead, Bennett, and others out portions of the season isn't failing on the defense.

They slid a bit, 2 spots on that level, I hated the strategy Richard uses I like aggressive more like Quinn, but given the ailments I think they can still talk all they want.

I also am of the mind it's not the years on these guys it's the mileage, they have played a lot of games and it hasn't been highway miles on their bodies. I think the churn has to start happening to maintain high level players on cheaper contracts.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wnablp7e said:
chris98251":wnablp7e said:

But they don't anymore.

Agree but hopefully people start giving us ammo to place a chip back in our shoulder or this group will figure out how to put one there themselves. We need it.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Who is that idiot reporter, Jenn somebody?

She has a way after any loss of asking questions to players in a deeply dramatic way of 'Oh my god you must be feeling devastated, can you describe those feelings, how on earth will you be able to handle your feelings?'

And players will take a moment to digest wtf she is on about and then try their best to 'honor' the stupid tone of what was asked.

When a Bennett gets raw, that's just blatant and honest. It is exactly how I would react too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1v4ukl0j said:
Sgt. Largent":1v4ukl0j said:
chris98251":1v4ukl0j said:

But they don't anymore.

Number 3 scoring defense isn't number one, but having Earl, Kam, Sherman, Shead, Bennett, and others out portions of the season isn't failing on the defense.

They slid a bit, 2 spots on that level, I hated the strategy Richard uses I like aggressive more like Quinn, but given the ailments I think they can still talk all they want.

I also am of the mind it's not the years on these guys it's the mileage, they have played a lot of games and it hasn't been highway miles on their bodies. I think the churn has to start happening to maintain high level players on cheaper contracts.

You didn't address what we're talking about here, you're making excuses.

It's very obvious that this defense is a shell of it's 2013 self. Yet they're still talking crap, and now talking crap internally turning on each other and the local media.

They're frustrated, I get it. But these kinds of outbursts need to stop, because it's a distraction and more importantly undermines team chemistry................and like I said when you're punching people in the mouth week in and week out dominating and making other teams beg for mercy, you can talk all the crap you want. But when you're not? You need to shut up, toe the line and get back to work.

Tical21

Reaction score
This is Bill Wixie. Michael Bennett lit up Bill Wixie for an innocent question. Wixie is a local guy, longtime, super nice guy, cancer survivor. Not a hard-hitting jerk. And Bennett lit him up. What a punk move. Baby needs his bottle. Pete's got to get control.

themunn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rf7k69v said:
Year of The Hawk":3rf7k69v said:

This Patriots team is not that Patriots team though. Belichick wasn't tossing players out for whatever reason when the Patriots won 3 in 4 years. He was over the last 11 seasons and in that team he's won 1 and lost 2. Same as us.

classicaaron

Reaction score
do people supporting Bennett even know what they are supporting? he blasted the guy shredding his dignity saying hes never had to get through adversity in his life and how is he to talk. he said this to a cancer survivor who has faced way more adversity than playing a game for millions of dollars. boo hoo Michael, you play a childrens game and get paid enormously for it and im supposed to feel bad about someone questioning your pressure in the game. he can say whatever he wants but he also sounds like an idiot and should be deemed one with his ignorant comments.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just another in series of ridiculous blow ups by a defense player. Yet again after a loss. These guys have become such poor sports, it's embarrassing. Grow the hell up and show some class in losses.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Or maybe the press needs to be out of the locker room. Shove a microphone in my face after a bad day at work and I'll probably have some colorful commentary as well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":10k5jxm5 said:
Or maybe the press needs to be out of the locker room. Shove a microphone in my face after a bad day at work and I'll probably have some colorful commentary as well.
Bingo. Give the guys an hour to cool off.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anybody feeling sorry for Wixie, the reporter, should watch this; Denzel layin' down the truth bombs.

[youtube]_d4MqkHXlZw[/youtube]

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hmmmm maybe that's why the media talks about "Tweets" with such Disdain.