Bennett Locker room meltdown

seahawksny

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":15ddwie9 said:
Sgt. Largent":15ddwie9 said:
HawkGA":15ddwie9 said:
This, to me, is just another sign of the defense being pissed at the offense. Sounds like Bennett is trying to suggest, rightly or wrongly, that it at least wasn't the DLine. I doubt he's blaming the defensive backs. I think this is a "we did our job" blow up. And I don't' think it's good.

To me it's a sign of Pete losing control of his team.

It's the downside of allowing your players to be "themselves." Pete gives his guys a very long leash to express their opinions, and outbursts like Bennett's and Sherman's this year is the downside of that coaching philosophy.

What would happen to guys like Sherman and Bennett if they played for the Patriot's? Idk, but I bet if you asked Jamie Collins that questions, he'd tell you what happens when you speak your mind. You become a Brown as a example to everyone else.

So if Pete wants this team to regain it's edge and focus in the off season, he better get control of all these egos. Because this team isn't good enough anymore to block out these type of distractions, unhappiness and in-fighting.

How do you control egos? You don't. You let them vent it out. What is wrong with that? At least you know how they feel. Then if it is something that you can address and help then you at least know. If they mop around without saying anything then I would worry more. Until players start bashing there own team Pete probably will never step in. IMO I like that. I also don't like comparisons to Bill B and the Pats. I don't want them to be the Patriots. I want them to be Seahawks.

You wouldnt take 15 division titles in a row and 4 super bowls in 15 years?

classicaaron

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2pjlrjyb said:
Or maybe the press needs to be out of the locker room. Shove a microphone in my face after a bad day at work and I'll probably have some colorful commentary as well.

do you not realize that the players job doesn't end the second the game is over. part of their contract is to do press conferences and have media time. its why they get fined when they don't do it. the media greatly helps their careers by giving them exposure which can lead to endorsements, jersey sales, etc. so again he needs to suck it up for the millions he makes to answer a few questions. phone in the answers like marshawn did but don't be an absolute dick about it. and after a hard day of work I just don't go into the parking lot and start cursing people out and acting like a jerk, its called having simple manners and coping. everyone ripped Cam for doing it after the superbowl and rightfully so, while others like Manning and Russ after devastating losses acted with complete class. its not that hard to do.

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":s1bj6u2m said:
This is Bill Wixie. Michael Bennett lit up Bill Wixie for an innocent question. Wixie is a local guy, longtime, super nice guy, cancer survivor. Not a hard-hitting jerk. And Bennett lit him up. What a punk move. Baby needs his bottle. Pete's got to get control.

Spot on!!! Wixie is a really good dude and Lymphoma cancer survivor. Guess hes faced a little more adversity than Bennett eh? this just confirms my opinion of Bennett, an entitled spoiled douche that thinks he's funny. Great player but a spoiled little baby.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
classicaaron":16f3pptq said:
Sox-n-Hawks":16f3pptq said:
Or maybe the press needs to be out of the locker room. Shove a microphone in my face after a bad day at work and I'll probably have some colorful commentary as well.

do you not realize that the players job doesn't end the second the game is over. part of their contract is to do press conferences and have media time. its why they get fined when they don't do it. the media greatly helps their careers by giving them exposure which can lead to endorsements, jersey sales, etc. so again he needs to suck it up for the millions he makes to answer a few questions. phone in the answers like marshawn did but don't be an absolute dick about it. and after a hard day of work I just don't go into the parking lot and start cursing people out and acting like a jerk, its called having simple manners and coping. everyone ripped Cam for doing it after the superbowl and rightfully so, while others like Manning and Russ after devastating losses acted with complete class. its not that hard to do.

BINGO!!! And it's not like the questions Bennett or Sherman were asked were out of line. They were both legitimate questions that I want to know. It's the media's job to inform me, to get answers to questions that I would ask if given the opportunity. It's not like Moore or Wixey were being Skip Baylessy.

And it's not just Russ and Manning that are professionals and not poor sports. IT's a much smaller group of guys that act like babies and want to get in confrontations.....