Bennett still grumbling to the media

rideaducati

Reaction score
Bennett is getting his fair market value. He actually made it to free agency TWICE and he signed with the Seahawks BOTH TIMES. I'm sure if another team had offered more he would be playing for that team. I don't get all the bellyaching coming from him.

themunn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19zzvmz4 said:
If I was Schneider I'd remind Bennett that he was almost unemployed until we got ahold of him, coached him up and made him into the player he is. He owes Pete a LOT for what he's become, and he's been rewarded quite nicely. So STFU and play another year or two........and if you're still balling, you'll get more cash, here or elsewhere.

Utter utter utter pish. Bennett was doing exactly what he does for us now in 2012 - everybody recognised that we got a bargain when he signed for us.

http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/03/ ... e-seahawks

Grade: A. Again, the only aspect of this that's even close to a negative is that Seattle cannot possibly play all of these pass-rushers at the same time. Other than that, this is an absolute steal for a team that just keeps adding talented players.

Wolfepack

Reaction score
OkieHawk":itect4at said:
Laloosh":itect4at said:
Do he and his brother have the same agent?

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. I'm thinking it's more along the lines that they talk to each other constantly about this type of thing.

Yes, they got the same agent. Drew Rosenhaus. FWIW, Mike was planning to skip OTAs this year back when he first signed with the Hawks 2 years prior. Back then, it wasn't a matter of money. It was just that he just knew that with the years, he was going to want/need to rest his body in the future. So I wasn't surprised he missed OTAs this season. Making it about the money may have just been a posturing thing for the future. Does he want more money? Sure, who doesn't. Does he have a chance over the next 3 years to get the Hawks to restructure his contract to get more? Very slim. But if he stood a chance, it would be to start posturing early with the hopes that they throw him a bone before his contract is up.

Personally, I love the guy. Great heart for the kids. He does a lot on his own dime for the kids of Hawai'i. But I guess being around him and being a part of what he does here affords me the opportunity to see his true colors more than the average fan. You see him stay out signing every last kids' autographs at his functions because he's genuine. And that means genuinely opinionated as well. But that's what makes Mike, Mike. Don't hate on him too much. He's a good guy.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Wolfepack":3d1gkccg said:
OkieHawk":3d1gkccg said:
Laloosh":3d1gkccg said:
Do he and his brother have the same agent?

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. I'm thinking it's more along the lines that they talk to each other constantly about this type of thing.

Yes, they got the same agent. Drew Rosenhaus. FWIW, Mike was planning to skip OTAs this year back when he first signed with the Hawks 2 years prior. Back then, it wasn't a matter of money. It was just that he just knew that with the years, he was going to want/need to rest his body in the future. So I wasn't surprised he missed OTAs this season. Making it about the money may have just been a posturing thing for the future. Does he want more money? Sure, who doesn't. Does he have a chance over the next 3 years to get the Hawks to restructure his contract to get more? Very slim. But if he stood a chance, it would be to start posturing early with the hopes that they throw him a bone before his contract is up.

Personally, I love the guy. Great heart for the kids. He does a lot on his own dime for the kids of Hawai'i. But I guess being around him and being a part of what he does here affords me the opportunity to see his true colors more than the average fan. You see him stay out signing every last kids' autographs at his functions because he's genuine. And that means genuinely opinionated as well. But that's what makes Mike, Mike. Don't hate on him too much. He's a good guy.

I love the guy too, I just don't like the chirping. It doesn't shine a good light on the team. He was a free agent twice in the last few years and he chose to sign a contract that the Seahawks offered...twice. If he wants to skip OTAs, fine, but don't chirp about it being anything other than not wanting to go to OTAs.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Now he says he wishes he was in Tampa? Per McDaniel (PFT)..
Where there's smoke! Dude is a CANCER. Trade his ASS!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
“I told him about some of the teams that were offering me and he said Tampa was a great place, and he even said he wishes he could come back down here,” McDaniel told reporters, via JoeBucsFan.com.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -to-tampa/

It could be that Bennett was just trying to make his teammate feel better about the move. It's not as though Tampa Bay treated Bennett well by not extending him after 2012.

AVL

Reaction score
I remember Bennett comparing being in Tampa to being in Cuba. Cigars?

xgeoff

Reaction score
I can't stand listening to this guy. How many contracts does he want? If he had sacked Tom Brady and saved the super bowl, I'd say pay the man more. He didn't so we shouldn't.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Now that Bennett has relocated to the Pacific Northwest, where Pete Carroll runs an unfailingly upbeat operation, the defensive end truly appreciates the difference in leadership styles.

"It's lovely here," Bennett says. "I can't even explain to people how it is here, compared to Tampa. They wouldn't believe me."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... atic-style

massari

Reaction score
So basically if Clark and/or Marsh breakout this season, Bennett is going to be traded for cap relief, right?

Latest posts