Bennett will attend training camp, per Michael Bennett

ZagHawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1sgd87mk said:
Oh also he's getting roasted at the parlor comedy club in bellevue this sunday.....

That sounds fun. Just checked out tickets..$130/seat... :pukeface: You can get game tickets for that.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ctrcat":1zcrboum said:
I honestly can't believe the Pro-Bennett viewpoint here. Charles Johnson is younger and has far more career sacks and sacks in the last five years-even came off an injury last year to tally three playoff sacks, and took a MASSIVE paycut. Bennett was stoned by the same Mike Remmers that Miller used in SB50.

Maybe he should give your QB some lessons on how to handle adversity and not to be such a cry baby.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Largent80":1vb1ju6s said:
I really would like to see the team throw in some incentive things to let him know he's appreciated, outside of the millions he makes every year.

That statement is almost hilarious! ;)

Largent80

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3j59wtt0 said:
Largent80":3j59wtt0 said:
I really would like to see the team throw in some incentive things to let him know he's appreciated, outside of the millions he makes every year.

That statement is almost hilarious! ;)

Glad you got it. Thousands didn't.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
ZagHawk":gvz64lie said:
gowazzu02":gvz64lie said:
Oh also he's getting roasted at the parlor comedy club in bellevue this sunday.....

That sounds fun. Just checked out tickets..$130/seat... :pukeface: You can get game tickets for that.

Doesn't surprise me, the parlors a small venue, probably only holds a couple hundred, maybe 300 at the most people. It's usually $30 a ticket for a random comedian, so with the Seahawks and MB's name Im not surprised at that rate. Supply and Demand

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":1ygfv9vv said:
I honestly can't believe the Pro-Bennett viewpoint here.
That's because you have no idea what you are talking about.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Basis4day":bxpwykx0 said:
ctrcat":bxpwykx0 said:
I honestly can't believe the Pro-Bennett viewpoint here. Charles Johnson is younger and has far more career sacks and sacks in the last five years-even came off an injury last year to tally three playoff sacks, and took a MASSIVE paycut. Bennett was stoned by the same Mike Remmers that Miller used in SB50.

There is more to being a DE/DT than sack numbers.

That's true. I didn't mean to imply sacks are the end all be all. Bennett is a good player and I actually love his personality. But business is business and by any metric-tackles, forced fumbles, passes defended, etc., Johnson has more impressive numbers and will make FAR less this year even as is. Johnson is known as a good run defender as well when healthy. I'm actually trying to take the side of the Hawks FO here (unless they actually give in).

Hendo66

Reaction score
Hope they offer to add another year on his deal with some more $ and incentives to make both sides feel good.
And while they're at it get something done with Baldwin...

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
ctrcat":2nl0hhbr said:
That's true. I didn't mean to imply sacks are the end all be all. Bennett is a good player and I actually love his personality. But business is business and by any metric-tackles, forced fumbles, passes defended, etc., Johnson has more impressive numbers and will make FAR less this year even as is. Johnson is known as a good run defender as well when healthy. I'm actually trying to take the side of the Hawks FO here (unless they actually give in).

Considering Bennett is one of the most well respected lineman in the league (and this is coming from comments from other players and coaches) as well as the Seahawks FO, I don't think you have any clue what you are talking about. I highly suggest watching actual game tape to see how incredibly disruptive and valuable Bennett is.

He most certainly deserves to make more than he currently is, however based on his age, I'm not sure he will get it from us.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I suspect Bennett not getting more money is a reflection of his age and our salary cap numbers far more than whether the team thinks he's better than Johnson. If they could give Michael more, they would. It's not very feasible right now. But they know his value to this team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Archer":3pp7xn4m said:
ctrcat":3pp7xn4m said:

Considering Bennett is one of the most well respected lineman in the league (and this is coming from comments from other players and coaches) as well as the Seahawks FO, I don't think you have any clue what you are talking about. I highly suggest watching actual game tape to see how incredibly disruptive and valuable Bennett is.

He most certainly deserves to make more than he currently is, however based on his age, I'm not sure he will get it from us.

Thats a lot of it. Bennett doesn't have the same stats as other players at his position. Players that do have the stats allow for analysts, fans, and talking heads to have data to say who a good player is and who isn't.

But coaches and ex-players do know about Bennett and when they are candid describe him as the player that gives them fits when game planning.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ctrcat":1z3dhb5a said:
The same Bennett that NE discusses being the only one giving them problems in the NFL Films highlights of the game?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Not a reason to be worried yet. We know he's unhappy with his deal so why would he show up when he doesn't even have to?

Not only did he take the correct approach last year, but he also saw the effect it had on Kam when he came back and wasn't in prime condition. I'm no more worried about Bennett than i was about Walter Jones.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Laloosh":2pgjw0yk said:
ctrcat":2pgjw0yk said:
The same Bennett that NE discusses being the only one giving them problems in the NFL Films highlights of the game?

Again, Bennett is a good player, personality, and even analyst. I'll even submit to the fact that my opinion means jack on this topic. But for the record my opinion was strictly on the "Pro-giving more $$$ to Bennett", not anti anything Bennett. Cheers.

two dog

Reaction score
I don't think management is necessarily trying to deny Bennett the raise he richly deserves.
I think they are committed to not reworking contracts with more than one year to go.

With what he means to this team, he defines the term "outplaying his contract".

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ctrcat":18hkth5n said:
Laloosh":18hkth5n said:
ctrcat":18hkth5n said:

Again, Bennett is a good player, personality, and even analyst. I'll even submit to the fact that my opinion means jack on this topic. But for the record my opinion was strictly on the "Pro-giving more $$$ to Bennett", not anti anything Bennett. Cheers.

I will come to your defense here. I think there actually is a bit of truth to what you say, even if not all hawk fans want to hear it.

As you say, MB is a GREAT player. Does he get overvalued a little in here? Probably.

But considering his value isnt always seen in the stats, it's a tricky argument.

For me, I wouldnt want to give him more money, but I would hate to be without him, that's for sure. He's awesome.

Seafan

Reaction score
Bennett is a "victim" of poor market timing. He could have bet on himself and signed a second one year deal.

I don't feel sorry for someone who is receiving generational wealth to play a game for likely the best organization in the NFL. I expect the Hawks will talk to him after the season. Same with Baldwin.

Wolfepack

Reaction score
I help Mike & Pele with the events his foundation puts on here in Hawai'i. He continues to train here in the offseason (this summer with O'Brien Schofield and occasionally with Manti Te'o) with the same mentality he has always had. In fact, this topic came up last offseason and I shared the same thing - Mike has shared that he is keeping to what he believes will lead to as much longevity in this sport as possible. For him, that means training in a particular way. He did it last offseason. He's doing it this offseason. And don't be surprised if he does it every offseason for the rest of his career. I'm not saying he doesn't think he deserves more. We all know he thinks he does. Will he get an extension? Who knows. But even if he gets an extension, rest assured, Mike gone do what Mike gone do (and yes, a lot of that is what Pele tells him to do).

BlueTalon

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2ut8jvpj said:
Not a reason to be worried yet. We know he's unhappy with his deal so why would he show up when he doesn't even have to?

Not only did he take the correct approach last year, but he also saw the effect it had on Kam when he came back and wasn't in prime condition. I'm no more worried about Bennett than i was about Walter Jones.
Wolfepack":2ut8jvpj said:
Mike has shared that he is keeping to what he believes will lead to as much longevity in this sport as possible. For him, that means training in a particular way. He did it last offseason. He's doing it this offseason. And don't be surprised if he does it every offseason for the rest of his career.
Agreed and agreed.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/732592209829068801[/tweet]