Bennett will attend training camp, per Michael Bennett

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Basis4day":3507729o said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/732592209829068801[/tweet]

That's why I love this guy. He voices his displeasure but he shows up when he needs to be there and honors the deal he signed. Wish more players were like this.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ovz81mc said:
Basis4day":1ovz81mc said:

That's why I love this guy. He voices his displeasure but he shows up when he needs to be there and honors the deal he signed. Wish more players were like this.

Never a doubt in my mind. He said as much last year.

But please tone down the sanctimonious "honor the deal he signed" talk. If MB came into camp over weight, lost his job to some cheaper rookie and wasn't carrying his weight he'd get cut. The nfl is a business and the team hardly ever "honors the deal with players"

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2fp7iqm1 said:
Basis4day":2fp7iqm1 said:

The fact that the Seahawks refused to blink in the Chancellor contract negotiations also undoubtedly played a role. Kam got t nothing for being stubborn other than a loss of income and a sub-par season. Bennett's smart enough to read the handwriting on the wall.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":31hk8c6w said:
So the NFL.Com references a PI article which comes from the PFT interview.

It's amazing how you can be sportswriter and never change out of your pajamas.

Their self importance is mind boggling.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ctrcat":hd914508 said:
I honestly can't believe the Pro-Bennett viewpoint here. Charles Johnson is younger and has far more career sacks and sacks in the last five years-even came off an injury last year to tally three playoff sacks, and took a MASSIVE paycut. Bennett was stoned by the same Mike Remmers that Miller used in SB50.

You're the same guy that compared a CB you signed in FA that was already cut to Jeremy Lane.. soooo your viewpoint on the Seahawks roster is a bit ... off

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2wo3liii said:
HawkFan72":2wo3liii said:
Basis4day":2wo3liii said:

But please tone down the sanctimonious "honor the deal he signed" talk. If MB came into camp over weight, lost his job to some cheaper rookie and wasn't carrying his weight he'd get cut. The nfl is a business and the team hardly ever "honors the deal with players"
It's it in every deal that the players sign that they can be cut.

So the teams absolutely do honor the deals.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

HawkFan72

Reaction score
gowazzu02":4cd8t64d said:
HawkFan72":4cd8t64d said:
Basis4day":4cd8t64d said:

I'm not saying I think the team is right in all those scenarios, either. But to be fair, a team is not dishonoring the contract when they do that. The ability for a team to make the move to cut a player is built into the contract.

When a player holds out for more money, they are not honoring the contract they signed. When a team cuts a player for not performing, they still give the player all the guaranteed money they are owed. They are still honoring the contract that was signed. The players get frustrated because they don't pay enough attention to the fine print.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":wnhi75eo said:
ctrcat":wnhi75eo said:
I honestly can't believe the Pro-Bennett viewpoint here. Charles Johnson is younger and has far more career sacks and sacks in the last five years-even came off an injury last year to tally three playoff sacks, and took a MASSIVE paycut. Bennett was stoned by the same Mike Remmers that Miller used in SB50.

Nobody here cares what you think. Maybe you should be more concerned with actually WINNING a superbowl.

Nah... He's here disrespectin' because he can't come here to boast about the Peter-Panthers finally getting that monkey off their back, and winning the big one. :stirthepot: ....Kinda reminds me of that Commercial where the alligator Juuuust Caaaan't Quiiiiite Reeeeeach the Check. :lol: