Besides ET & Sherm, who is our best Defensive player ?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
God I wish we could keep this starting defense for the next 3 years.

NINEster

Reaction score
Red Bryant.

So hard to run against. The key to defeating SF.

TJH

Reaction score
Kam is better, but Bennett might be next in line in terms of importance to what we did.

kearly

Reaction score
Before postseason, it would have been Bennett. But it's a lot tougher now. Chancellor was a superstar in the postseason. He is beginning to enter Earl Thomas territory in the sense that his mere presence makes the defense better.

Rob12

Reaction score
12thManNorth":1r8h8igb said:
Curious to hear your guys thoughts. Kam, Bennett, Wagner, KJ, Avril, Mebane ? As an aside, pretty cool the Super Bowl MVP may not even be in our top 10 defensive players list

Kam Chancellor or Bobby Wagner.

Wagner has 230 tackles and 7 sacks in 30 NFL games. He doesn't get the pub that the others get, but he's instrumental to our defense.

Kam has proven himself to be on the same All-Pro level as Sherm and Earl, at least in my mind.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Maxwell had a pro bowl caliber season if you average out the games he played. he is middle of the pack on that list(which is INSANE by the way).

BamKam

Reaction score
This thread needs more Wagner! I love Kam and think he is excellent but I am not sure he could be who he is without Earl thomas being able to play Center Field.

Wagz has been a stud since his first game. If it wasn't for Keuchly he would have won Defensive Rookie of the Year. He is being majorly slept on because of how good our secondary is but he is a monster.

dan2314

Reaction score
1. Earl
2. Sherm
3. Bennett
4. Kam
5. Wagner
6. Cliff
7. Mebane
8. KJ
9. Red
10. Clem
11. Maxwell
12. Bruce
13. BB

its pretty good to be able to go like 10 deep and make a case for that guy being a dominant game changer. clemons dominated the superbowl, and most of the 2012-13 season, and he hasnt even been mentioned in this thread. we have probably 6 or 7 guys that would be the best defensive player on a lot of teams, and thats just crazy.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
12thManNorth":1zd5gd12 said:
Curious to hear your guys thoughts. Kam, Bennett, Wagner, KJ, Avril, Mebane ? As an aside, pretty cool the Super Bowl MVP may not even be in our top 10 defensive players list
Kam.... and I don't think there is even a doubt in Manning's mind, that nobody wanted to catch the ball with him sharking the waters.
There's a good reason that Manning was reluctant to challenge anyone in our whole Secondary, and on top of that, our front liners were getting a lot of pressure on Manning, to just get rid of the ball.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
kearly":3hn1cnue said:
Before postseason, it would have been Bennett. But it's a lot tougher now. Chancellor was a superstar in the postseason. He is beginning to enter Earl Thomas territory in the sense that his mere presence makes the defense better.
Agreed 100%, Kam was such a huge playmaker throughout the playoffs its ridiculous.

Meeker

Reaction score
kearly":62opyfni said:

I would agree with that, Kam was a monster in the playoffs.

1. Earl Thomas
2. Richard Sherman
3. Kam Chancellor
4. Michael Bennett
5. Cliff Avril