Best Friends a Saints Fan

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
shawnsim":3grn9557 said:
After lurking for 4 years I see things differently. I have the handle on the posters here.

Jesus Christ, loosen up Cheryl. Or if you really don't like it here so much then GTFO.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Personally, I don't have a problem with bandwagon fans ... the more the merrier. Some of those bandwagon fans will TURN IN TO Seahawks fans for life. I've been on the bandwagon since 1977 and I would agree that's true to an extent. The Hawks really began picking up a lot of fans coinciding with the beginning of the Pete Carroll Era. Things have just kind of evolved and really grown from there. That's the way I see it.

Incidentally, my best friend in the world is a lifelong 49ers fan. Like me, he's followed the team since the Montana and Dwight Clark days. He's not one of these obnoxious, stupid nut jobs whatsoever -- he's a very intelligent, well spoken, knowledgeable football fan. He's hilarious actually -- a guy that you really enjoy hanging out with because he can literally talk about anything and will generally keep you laughing. Believe it or not, these kinds of 49ers Fans actually DO exist (The Truth is Out There ... X Files music playing). The whole Seahawks-49ers fan thing really doesn't get in the way of our friendship, as he and I have been best friends since 1991 (long before the Hawks and Niners were rivals). Personally, I absolutely can't stand the Raiders and the Broncos. So, it's kinda wierd in that sense. I actually went ahead and emailed him about the "How to be a Fan" Memo from the 49ers and how he felt about that. Here was his response to me ...

I actually think it is a good idea. I've been to several forty niner games and the fans tend to be critical of the team if they are not playing up to their standards - they still live in the Montana/Rice era - they are forever spoiled. Also, Seattle has proven that cheering can be a factor in a game - it has never been a factor at candlestick. I mean, think about it......SF is losing the team next year - and they are only slightly more than ambivalent! They really do not deserve their team.

I, on the other hand, will be cheering loudly enough for all of them on Sunday, so if you hear thunder from the East of your home, do not worry - I got the season ticket holder's memo ......haha.

The Radish

Reaction score
shawnsim":3vkw8uym said:
Cannot there be fans since day one that choose not to be part of this occluded mess?

Seahawks.net= Self entitled high post elitists who believe their opinions are worth something.

Your high post count just means that you have NO LIFE.

Bandwagon? Priceless.

"I hang out here and post incessantly" GET A LIFE.

Welcome fans.

And get off your high horse Elitists. We get it, you're
"special."

No more coffee for this guy.

GREAT PIC Tempest,,,I like it.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Just tell him its ths Saints/falcons fans ditching out.
This whole bandwagon thing is crazy. Any real fan knows band wagon fans are a good thing for our team and our teams owner. Think about how many fans you guys know from Washington that support the packers 49ers and stealers. Its sick.
As was said some of those fans will become permanent fans of our team. Imagine travelling to dallas and having a vocal 12th man. You guys think all aposing fans at quest fly in? Seattle grown stealer fans make me sick. We will have that soon guys, don't piss on them.

Joey13091

Reaction score
It is true. I've seen so many people around here in hawks jerseys and hats. More than I have ever seen.

People that I know don't care about football are even purchasing and wearing hawk gear.

But whatever. I guess it's. Good thing.

Mick063

Reaction score
Screw post counts. I have watched almost every game since 1976, my senior year in high school.

I cheered for Stan Gelbaugh. He helped Cortez Kennedy win Defensive MVP because his quarterback play was so horrid, Cortez had to single handidly beat John Elway and the Denver Broncos on Monday Night Football (1992). It was that game, Kennedy's most brilliant, that thrust him into the talk for MVP. Dan Dierdorf praised Kennedy's play relentlessly. Yes, Dan was calling that Monday night game.

Watch that game!!!!! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1268005/

Just goes to show.....the Seahawks are giving you memories that will last a lifetime.

I was on that empty wagon and I hated Ken Behring with every fiber of my soul. Hated him.

The current owner is BOSS! Best thing that ever happened to the Seahawks. He hired Carroll and Schneider. Carrol and Schneider brought in our first elite QB. Domino theory. It all started with the super owner.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I welcome anybody that wants to join the ride but let me tell you. The best you get here is grudging respect and a quiet hidden fear.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
shawnsim":37b2xhh5 said:
Cannot there be fans since day one that choose not to be part of this occluded mess?

Seahawks.net= Self entitled high post elitists who believe their opinions are worth something.

Your high post count just means that you have NO LIFE.

Bandwagon? Priceless.

"I hang out here and post incessantly" GET A LIFE.

Welcome fans.

And get off your high horse Elitists. We get it, you're
"special."

It isn't the post count its the quality of the post.. err wait.. I mean its how long you been here... can I have my 2 years back you took from me for saying that S. alexander was squishy :)

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Ohhh and great pic too, i'm that guy 77 back on the left side. enjoying the ride with EVERYONE else ;)

BlueTalon

Reaction score
shawnsim":1v3g39yb said:
BlueTalon":1v3g39yb said:
Nothing wrong with bandwagon fans. I only have a problem with bandwagon fans who claim to be old-timers.
And who are you to judge that?

Do you know anything at all?
You can only judge people by what they do and what they say. For example, based on the things you say in this thread, I conclude you are very quick to infer things that are not being implied. You are also apparently blind to the irony of challenging my knowledge and ability to judge, while judging others from a position of limited knowledge.

Personally, I find your pomposity quite amusing. If your buttons are that easy to push, you could be a source of amusement for as long as you are around.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
shawnsim":2eogzgg6 said:
After lurking for 4 years I see things differently. I have the handle on the posters here.

Good shawnsim. Feel free to continue lurking as your attitude is unappreciated.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I think the term "bandwagoner" is often misapplied to what are really just new fans, especially for a pokey little team tucked away in the Pacific Northwest where people think we're all too busy hiking and recycling to care about football. But we've got something special brewing up here that's naturally going to turn heads. Wilson is a likeable guy, and Sherman is infamous, they're the kind of players people like and like to follow. So we're going to get some new fans. I don't see why that's a problem. Is it silly when they try to act like they've been fans all along? Sure. But they may feel pressured to "legitimize" their fandom because other people want to bash them for some perceived impurity.

This is to say nothing of the fact that this particular Seahawks team has a different personality. It's possible for people to have not liked Holmgren's style but love Pete Carroll's.

I do suspect the victory's are sweeter for those of us who, even recently, slogged through Holmgren's decline and the Mora experiment, let alone the '90s. But new fans enjoying the ride doesn't lessen my enjoyment of it.

Dismas

Reaction score
Pro or Con, I believe in the end we NEED the new fans.

The more visibility, popularity, and just general awareness our team garners, the more likely it is we will stop being the bastard child up north and get some actual respect . . which would translate to REAL analysis by the mainstream media, which would, now that I think of it, kill the entire repertoir of our resident "no respect" anmd "media hack" posters.

wait . . that wouldn't be a bad thing at all, really :p

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I've got no problem with bandwagon fans because that sells more merchandise and many of them become permanent fans. The Hawks success, coupled with the popularity of Wilson, Sherman and Pete Carroll (depending upon the circle. LOL) is helping to grow the market for the Hawks. There now are fans of other teams on the East Coast complaining about 'bandwagon' hawk fans coming out of the woodwork in their states. This is awesome as far as I'm concerned! I don't recall that ever happening, to this extent, in the history of this team. Pete and John have really put the brand out there. From the uniforms to the product on the field, they've given the team a face lift that attracts new fans. If we keep going at this rate, we will be another money maker for the NFL, so they'll be less likely to sand bag us with a shitty schedule or 'hand picked' officiating teams. It's a great time to be a fans, and I hope the success continues for quite awhile. I we can keep this up for a decade, maybe the FO will get lucky enough to find another RW. :mrgreen:

Oh, and I don't mind a band wagon fans, and people with low post counts. We all start that way, but I DO take issue when an announcement like Harvin not playing in the next game causes the board to get peppered with low post count gents who either lurk until it's time to bag on a player or join specifically do that. It's a discussion board, not a wailing wall.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I love bandwagon fans. They are beautiful people. And smell good too.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ue2gyifh said:
I love bandwagon fans. They are beautiful people. And smell good too.
Ah yes, they have a delicate bouquet and a taste that gets better with time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2uvxovmt said:
shawnsim":2uvxovmt said:

Ouch,talj about straight to the point! I just think he's trolling and because of that I'm far more interested in welcoming new or old fans on the bus. Though you nailed it regardless.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":hfy5v61c said:
shawnsim":hfy5v61c said:

Ouch,talj about straight to the point! I just think he's trolling and because of that are far more interested in welcoming fans now or old on the bus.

Russellmania3

Reaction score
The Hawks are giving the community something real special this season , Bandwagon or not . Who cares .

This is the Reason Sports Teams are Good For Cities . It brings People together with a common interest.

I know lots of people who never cared much for football that are now fully engaged into the Hawks now.

Really what fun would it be if this team had no buzz around the City ? Hey the Hawks are 11-1 .. who cares ? nah nah nah

Seattle is on Fire !!!! and the reason is the HAWKS !!!!!