Best play in Seahawk history?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
can someone just please already make a collage of the top 10 and post it on youtube for all of us to enjoy.

two dog

Reaction score
BEST play-For me, beastquake has to be the one.

MOST IMPORTANT-undoubtly, the Sherman tip. Something makes me think though that the most important
might a play we didn't make. If Hauschka makes the field goal instead of the Wilson/Kearse TD pass, we probably
lose the game given the final field position.

FAVORITE-Steve Largent powdered Denver safety Mike Harden right in front of my kingdome seats.

FAVORITE B-Dave Kreig hits Daryll Turner for 80 yd. TD on the first play of the game in Mile High stadium
and totally silences the Bronco crowd.

RezHawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":2tnf7vfb said:
Here's another thing about Beastquake: it's one of the longer non-turnover, non-special-teams plays in NFL history (at around 16 seconds). It was a gauntlet the whole way. Steve Young's legendary run vs. the Vikings is longer, but there aren't many at that level.

I've never heard anyone mention that.

That's one of the things that was so special about Beastquake. The play was so long in developing that every single fan in the stadium was jumping around like a little kid by the end of it.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I love the Beastquake to death but the most important (from the time that I have been following this team in diehard fashion) just has to be The Tip. The tension, the relief, the joy... Sherman's blood must have been 90% adrenaline when he jumped, as we can see from the rant immediately after the play... And lets not forget the man who made sure it was the final play of the game. Mr. Malcolm Smith, I salute you.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Okay boys & girls, keep nominating plays and this weekend I'll start a new thread where we can vote on the Top Ten Plays in Seahawk History. I have 22 plays on the list so far, listed below.

Zorn to Herrera fake field goal
Warner’s first carry
Krieg to Largent vs. Miami
Warner’s TD to beat Miami
Krieg to Turner for 80 yard TD on opening play in Denver
Largent’s Revenge
Largent’s 100th TD
Krieg to Skansi vs. KC
Galloway’s 86 yard TD run vs. Jacksonville
Edward’s 83 yard fumble return for TD
Blocked field goal for TD vs. Houston
Alexander’s 5th TD vs. Minnesota
Hass to Wallace, NFC Championship
Romo botches the snap
Beastquake
Fail Mary
Wilson to Rice vs. Patriots
Lynch’s TD vs. San Fran, NFC Championship
Wilson to Kearse, 4th & 7
The Tip
Smith’s pick six in Super Bowl
Harvin’s return TD in Super Bowl

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Interesting list. I think "greatest" needs to be defined. Some of those on the list would be top-ten NFL plays, such as Beastquake. Simply amazing play that's one for the ages. But some of those are not amazing plays; they're just very significant plays to the Seahawks franchise. Alexander's 5th TD vs. Minnesota, for example. He had much more amazing carries than that one, but it was significant in that it was his 5th in that game (and 5th in a half, if I remember right). So do we go with most amazing, or with most significant to the franchise? If we went with both, then only two plays, I think, really have a chance of winning: Beastquake, and The Tip.

Some other newer ones to put in contention for lower round fodder might be:

Sherman's shoeless interception vs. Houston last year
Kearse's pinball wizard TD catch in the Super Bowl
Lynch's "pop out of the pile" ~14 yard TD carry against the Eagles a year or two ago

Erebus

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2cbfx9z8 said:
Interesting list. I think "greatest" needs to be defined. Some of those on the list would be top-ten NFL plays, such as Beastquake. Simply amazing play that's one for the ages. But some of those are not amazing plays; they're just very significant plays to the Seahawks franchise. Alexander's 5th TD vs. Minnesota, for example. He had much more amazing carries than that one, but it was significant in that it was his 5th in that game (and 5th in a half, if I remember right). So do we go with most amazing, or with most significant to the franchise? If we went with both, then only two plays, I think, really have a chance of winning: Beastquake, and The Tip.

I think for a play to be nominated, it should satisfy either one of those requirements. Amazing play or high significance. Anything that is both obviously is going to be towards the top of the list.

Erebus

Reaction score
Another one of my favorite plays that I just remembered was Babineaux's interception of Bledsoe to set up the game winning field goal against the Cowboys in 2005. Certainly not going to be in the top 5, but it may be significant enough to be included in a vote for top 10.

keith da hawk

Reaction score
Erebus":19ylqg8d said:
Another one of my favorite plays that I just remembered was Babineaux's interception of Bledsoe to set up the game winning field goal against the Cowboys in 2005. Certainly not going to be in the top 5, but it may be significant enough to be included in a vote for top 10.

This. Nobody ever takes about this one. The game itself was kind of a snoozer IIRC, but the finish was fantastic and the Hawks went on a roll after that game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
keith da hawk":i63lhxxo said:
Erebus":i63lhxxo said:

This. Nobody ever takes about this one. The game itself was kind of a snoozer IIRC, but the finish was fantastic and the Hawks went on a roll after that game.

Yeah that play was amazing. I have only been to one game a year and that was the one I was fortunate to be at in 2005. It was an incredible finish.

Kakaww

Reaction score
I'm collecting video for all the suggested plays so far and will edit them together, but i'm having a difficult time tracking everything down.

warden

Reaction score
Big difference between best play and most important play

Best play in Seahawk History, Beastquake

Most important play in Seahawk history, the tip

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Barakas":ivtry182 said:
Maybe not best but top 5 has to include the 4th and 7, TD catch that put the Seahawks on top.
This was not just one of the best plays... but, it was well-played. Very smart. Showed the smarts and leadership of RW b/c he thought he could draw them off and he did. There's audio somewhere of him sharing this on the sideline. Then... he did it.

There's much excitement in the history of this franchise. But, staying with this Super Bowl Championship team... Couple the Kearse pinball wizard TD in the Super Bowl with the NFCCG TD... Kearse had major impact in the two most meaningful back to back Championship games in Seahawks history. Malcolm Smith, too. He was in the right place in both the NFCCG as well as those 2 turnovers in the Super Bowl. Jermaine Kearse and Malcolm Smith. What about that Kam Chancellor hit on Demaryius Thomas that epitomized the physical play of one of the greatest all-time defenses?

I've been watching the Seahawks since their inception in 1976. But, from just this year, the list goes on and on. Maybe TOP 5 "hits", "TD passes", "TD receptions", "Runs", "TD runs", etc. - into categories - would find closer agreement among fans.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawknballs":w8v4tsel said:
I'd like to get "Wilson Launch to Rice vs. Patriots" entered into at least the top 10. If it doesn't happen there are serious questions about Wilson's future and the patience we have with him and getting to this point.

Yeah,,,,I like this

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Blocked FG for game winning TD vs. Houston in 1996 needs to be in the top 10.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
warden":3l9motjv said:
Big difference between best play and most important play

Best play in Seahawk History, Beastquake

Most important play in Seahawk history, the tip

Without 4th and 7, the tip never happened

Latest posts