Best play in Seahawk history?

drdiags

Reaction score
Plays from last year's playoff run against the Skins and Falcons should probably be considered, since those games set the stage for this season's run. Gave this team the confidence it could play against the best and handle the stage. Also the Bears game from last year had some pretty good plays.

The Lynch one-hand recovery of the Wilson fumble against the Skins, rambling for big yardage to keep the momentum going their way was big.

The Tate catch against the Bears for the late go-ahead td, bouncing off several players was huge. Sydney's winning catch probably wasn't one of the best so maybe not it.

The Lynch trucking of Goldston the season prior in San Fran was a highlight run.

The Tate hit on Lee was a vicious play that wasn't legal according to the league but was a statement setter.

Any of Kam's hits, but the trucking of the Browns' RB in the 6-3 "pillow fight" (as that dork Tirico called it) was an amazing display of ruggedness.

Big Red's interception TD after KJ Wright's deflection in Chicago.

Any of Easley's interceptions (yes, I am biased). And Sherman's.

Tical21

Reaction score
This question should be ridiculously simple. The first snap of the Super Bowl.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":2cgppm6r said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":2cgppm6r said:
I think we should rename the play to "Just the tip."

Finally someone said this so I wouldn't have to.

I dunno if you guys have seen it already, but the saying that has been circulating on Twitter is: SF just got the tip, but Denver got the whole 'D.' :twisted:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":2lextujk said:
Jac":2lextujk said:
I mean I think it has to be. I'm not sure there is another CB out there that could have elevated, extended, and located like Sherman did. That was an all-or-nothing play with a SB appearance on the line. It was improbable Hollywood scripting. If he didn't make that singular play, the devastation and heart break for the team and its fanbase would have been immeasurable with potential long-term hangover ramifications. I mean a full offseason "arms race" and 18 (or 19) games for both teams came down to that moment. It was all or nothing.

Well put - Hollywood couldn't have set it up any better

I think it's important to separate by era, but I have to give it up for this play as the most important in team history.

1. Big time player? CHECK
2. Big time play? CHECK
3. Big time game? Can I give this TWO CHECKS?
4. Bonus CHECK for big time opponent. Denver was a cakewalk compared to those cats 8)

Best play without much importance attached to it? I have to rank the Jermaine Kearse's double spin move enroute to the EZ pretty high on the list.

Latest posts