Best play/Worst call in Super Bowl history - within seconds

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
To witness what I believe was the best play (catch) in Super Bowl history by Kearse, followed by the worst play call in all of football history just seconds later, is something that will take years, literally, to put behind me. I may never be able to put it behind me. Anyone who tells me at work tomorrow that I need to "get over it" or "just accept it" is going to get punched in the face.

At this moment I have ZERO respect for Bevell and what he took from all of us, the players, and the organization. The only thing he can do is apologize and take responsibility for making the call, without throwing any of the players under the bus. This wasn't about execution, it was about an idiotic, selfish decision.

And I believe that Michael Irvin may have been right when he suggested that this decision may have been influenced by the organization's push to elevate Wilson's value so that he, not Lynch, would win the MVP. If that's the case, then Bevell is not the person I want making decisions.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":3o9z1xyd said:
I believe that Michael Irvin may have been right when he suggested that this decision may have been influenced by the organization's push to elevate Wilson's value so that he, not Lynch, would win the MVP. If that's the case, then Bevell is not the person I want making decisions.

The urge for people to find conspiracies and ulterior motives will never cease to baffle me.

Bevell made a mistake. A mistake that he has been prone to making before. It's not a mystery. There's no ulterior motive needed. This is what he does.

Latest posts