Best/Worst games of the PC Era

grizbob

Reaction score
We've possibly seen the worst but not the best. :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :179422:

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":14os6kli said:
Worst loss was XLIX obviously, but that's not really fair.

Among regular season games, Oakland in 2010 was the worst. Got blown out by THE RAIDERS, and suffered a huge number of injuries in the game. As brutal an asskicking as I've ever seen. Seattle was 4-2 going in and everyone thought they be 5-2 after it. Instead they were 4-3 and the injuries keyed the worst stretch of football of the PC/JS era, a 2-7 stretch that took the team from 4-2 to 6-9.

The good thing about that game is that it probably played a role in Pete Carroll pursuing Tom Cable a year later.

Best game was probably the 49ers-Seahawks NFCCG.

Same thing. What he said.

I saw that Oakland beatdown live...there's no way the cameras gave that raping justice. It was a massacre.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Worst for me during this era was the 2011 game against WSH.. Up 17-7 with Sexy Rex at the helm and Tjack has THREE chances to take the lead in the 4th after we surrendered the lead and fails each time.

We were making a push at that time too.. close 2nd has to be the loss in 2013 at home vs AZ because it broke our longest home winning streak.

OP
OP
Husky Seahawk

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":2chujt75 said:
Worst loss was XLIX obviously, but that's not really fair.

Among regular season games, Oakland in 2010 was the worst. Got blown out by THE RAIDERS, and suffered a huge number of injuries in the game. As brutal an asskicking as I've ever seen. Seattle was 4-2 going in and everyone thought they be 5-2 after it. Instead they were 4-3 and the injuries keyed the worst stretch of football of the PC/JS era, a 2-7 stretch that took the team from 4-2 to 6-9.

The good thing about that game is that it probably played a role in Pete Carroll pursuing Tom Cable a year later.

Best game was probably the 49ers-Seahawks NFCCG.

Man I forgot how rough that Raiders game was for us. I suppose I will have to include that one in the must watch category.

Yesterday, I watched Niners at Seahawks, and Chargers at Seahawks from the 2010 Season. Seeing names like Ben Obamanu, Cameron Morrah, Roy Lewis, Lofa Tatupu, Lawyer Milloy and Justin Forsett was a blast from the past. The one player I found that I kept watching Kelly Jennings. He actually has a really great game against the Niners. I am left asking myself "was he really as bad as I remember him being?" Oh and Aaron Curry was a part of this team...

After watching these two games my impressions are that the defense was actually pretty tough and physical. The coverage was pretty abysmal, but people were flying around trying to make plays. It was pretty cool to see a young Earl Thomas play, He definitely shows his rookie status on occasion, but he looked like a play maker from day one. For as surprised as I was by the play of the defense, the offense was a huge let down. Matt Hasselbeck was a pretty savvy QB that could make some suprising throws but there was just NO talent on offense.

I'm looking forward to seeing the team after Marshawn Lynch arrives. Does anyone remember what week he joined the team?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
For me the worst was the playoff game in Washington 2012. Hauschka got hurt and Clemons destroyed his knee (to say nothing of ending RGIII's career!) on that crap-ball field. Upside we won our first road playoff game since I was in High school! Then we went to Atlanta and just came up short the next week!

The Best was the Bears Game that same year! That was the coming out party for the nucleus of this current squad as far as I am concerned. Its all been gravy ever since!

swagcity21

Reaction score
aside from playoff games which are the greatest and worst feelings in the world. I have not seen anyone say anything about the Miami loss in 2012. team on the rise traveling across country for a 10 a.m game and we have how many chances to win the game? an interception by wagner that was called back due to a penalty.... game was horrible!

The best game hands down is the 42-13 beatdown we put on the :49ersmall: that was our re-introduction to the competition of NFC BEaST.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Who remembers the regular season game vs the saints? Chris Ivory looked like god out there

getnasty

Reaction score
Lets not forget the Gaints game in 2010 that was a beat down too. On the flipside I loved the 2011 Gaints game, BB sealed the deal with a pick six

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
Throwdown":11mn26e1 said:
Who remembers the regular season game vs the saints? Chris Ivory looked like god out there

Ever since I saw that game I thought Ivory would be big time some day. I don't know what injuries the guy has had over his career, but I assume it's got something to do with that.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":2cp7up4l said:
Throwdown":2cp7up4l said:

Ever since I saw that game I thought Ivory would be big time some day. I don't know what injuries the guy has had over his career, but I assume it's got something to do with that.

He had some promise to him until injuries took their toll

But 2010 was full of epic beat downs, that team sucked honestly, had no business being 7-9 when you look at the losses they took. I mean when the Hawks lost in 2010, they lost BIG. But looking back you could see Pete had these dudes heart cuz they never once gave up, and pulled out some pretty good wins, namely the Chargers game. So it didn't suprise me that we won a playoff game at home, Pete had a bunch of misfits, and outcasts playing with heart that year.

Basis4day

Reaction score
My most re-watched game outside of SB48 or NFCCG '13 season would be 49ers at Hawks 2012.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Best played games from a competitive standpoint were the NFCCG vs. 49ers and both Patriots games (SB 49 loss included). 2012 Bears game / 2013 Bucs game had epic finishes, but Mike Carey sort of ruins both with his incompetence.

Worst game I've ever seen is 2011 vs. Cleveland. Burn the tape.

Most entertaining games from start to finish: 42-13 (SF) and SB48.

olyfan63

Reaction score
getnasty":iuiaztyt said:
On the flipside I loved the 2011 Gaints game, BB sealed the deal with a pick six

MissoulaHawkFan":iuiaztyt said:
A couple of my older "forgotten" favorites is the 2011(?) game against the Ravens where we out-muscled them and won. ...

seahawks3732":iuiaztyt said:
Some other personal favorites are 2011 against NYG (I was there. BB's pick 6 was coming right at me) ...

Piling on, a couple of the same best games as others mentioned.

The 2011 10am ROAD GAME at the Giants was like one part of the Seahawks' smash-mouth coming out party. This is where the team announced these were "not your father's Seahawks", not SOS. Seattle up by less than a TD, with Eli and NYG were driving for the inevitable game-winning late score, just like the NFL script called for, just like the NY media ordered. Then Eli throws behind Victor Cruz, the ball gets popped up (by Earl?) about the 5 yard line, and Browner collects it and goes 95 yards the other way for a game-sealing pick-6. Definitely not what the NY media ordered. WTF? Who are these guys from Seattle?

That same season, we beat the Ravens, in the CLink, in a total smash-mouth, physical game, where we actually out-physicalled the Ravens. Coming out party some more.

The interesting thing about both those wins is that the NYG and Ravens both won/had won a Super Bowl within one season either side of those games. So, even though we were 7-9, with TJack at QB, we were playing some tough football against some very good teams.

The worst defeats had to be the game at Oakland where we got physically destroyed and made Darren McFadden look like the second coming of Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, and Barry Sanders, all rolled into one. We just got our asses physically kicked all over the field by Tom Cable's Raiders. It was hard to see how this team could ever win an NFL game after that beatdown.
Honorable mention goes to that pathetic 3-6 Cleveland Indians, er Browns, game, where our Mariners, er Seahawks, got beaten by a 3 run dinger.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Throwdown":3242gd7y said:
RussWILSON3":3242gd7y said:
Throwdown":3242gd7y said:

He had some promise to him until injuries took their toll

It was the same story for his career at WSU.