Bevell actually set them up pretty good with the run

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
kearly":1uc6nzxk said:
I thought Bevell called a good game, but this game, and really every game over the past three weeks, has been all about Pete. Getting back to grinding teams down. That's Pete, and maybe Cable too.

Seattle stuck with the run and found ways to make it work despite a fairly dominant performance from the Eagles run D through three quarters. It wasn't until that very last drive that the Eagles run D started to look worn down.

My first thought after the game was over was how Pete deserved huge props for sticking with the run all game despite how difficult it was.

Definitely happy to see them stick with the run. Pretty disappointed to not see any adjustment to the read option blocking scheme though. The Eagles just kept crashing the end, inside LB scrapes outside in the gap exchange to crush Wilson when his read tells him to keep it. It's a simple adjustment to have Okung (that's the side they mostly ran it) just blocking out on the end and it's a predetermined give to Lynch.

Maybe I missed some plays where the Hawks adjusted but I didn't see any when I rewatched the game. Anyone else see the same thing?