Bevell Is Garbage.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
dopeboy206":16j7mfnx said:
With just a little over 2 minutes to go. Why didn't we keep the clock running? That is all on the OC and quarterback.

Last week it was run-run-pass-punt and everyone was on Bevell then, too. If a pass is called, Russell has to execute it as effectively as he can. The team isn't executing the plays called.

Bevell does suck…but ain't nobody really helping him out there either. It all comes down to execution.

mrt144

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":3in3whqa said:
dopeboy206":3in3whqa said:
With just a little over 2 minutes to go. Why didn't we keep the clock running? That is all on the OC and quarterback.

Last week it was run-run-pass-punt and everyone was on Bevell then, too. If a pass is called, Russell has to execute it as effectively as he can. The team isn't executing the plays called.

Bevell does suck…but ain't nobody really helping him out there either. It all comes down to execution.

3rd and 5, ADB in backfield, JFG runs 3 yard out, RW hits the pass, 4th and 2.

No. Stop.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2f97djrd said:
Too many 2 yd and -1 yd runs by Lynch. Why not run Rawls (more speed and fresher) in the 4th.

Oh sod off. If he had done that and Rawls had a -2 yard run you'd be screaming, "why wasn't lynch in the game!"

mrt144

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3ntqi7hj said:
Russ Willstrong":3ntqi7hj said:
Too many 2 yd and -1 yd runs by Lynch. Why not run Rawls (more speed and fresher) in the 4th.

Oh sod off. If he had done that and Rawls had a -2 yard run you'd be screaming, "why wasn't lynch in the game!"

Truth, but it's painful that Lynch had 54 yards rushing.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":ix11s4ms said:
dopeboy206":ix11s4ms said:

Or it comes down to the design of the offense itself. This offense we run is predicated on the ability to pound the football and have defenses fear that. Well we can't do that this season and defenses know it.

We have to adjust what we are trying to do and how we are trying to do it.

We saw some good things today from Russell and Jimmy Graham and if our staff is smart as they are supposed to be they will build on it. Also Lockett was able to get a step on the fly. Work on it. As a rookie Russell threw the best deep ball in the league so he can do it. Quit trying to force a square peg into a round hole and change the offense to accommodate what we are good at. I still love the idea of putting Jimmy wide on one side and Tall Mathews wide on the other in the red zone with Willson at TE. Maybe now that the season is over we can try that? We need to find what works instead of continuing to do what does not. Also just a thought but maybe instead of the zbs with inexperianced linemen let them just line up and go hat on hat sometimes. Just block the man in front of you?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I thought Bevell mixed it up and called a good game. The bomb to Lockette. The flea flicker. Integrating Jimmy into the offense way more.
We are a team that has earned its laurels on the run game and an aggressive defense spearheaded by a fantastic secondary. We have really fallen back in those areas and it's why we're where we at right now.
Back to Bevell. It's frustrating because we don't even get to see his pass plays in action half of the time. Russell goes into his shell at the first sign of trouble, hesitates and then tries to get what he can with his feet. Defenses are generally putting a spy on him and so his gains have been minimal. WHY IS HE SO DARN HESITANT?
Last year when the offense built a lead well into the fourth quarter like it's been doing this year, we'd turn it over to our hungry dogs on defense and they'd protect the house. This year, it's been a house of cards and it's gotten to the point where it appeared Kam and Sherm were jawing at each other a bit after that blown coverage. WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?

mrt144

Reaction score
Venture a guess as to why he's hesitant that is an external factor. Use your imagination.

xgeoff

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2ftc58d6 said:
dopeboy206":2ftc58d6 said:

I so totally agree.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2xh0cm97 said:
dopeboy206":2xh0cm97 said:
Year of The Hawk":2xh0cm97 said:
Not Bevells fault. I guess Bevell let Cam Newton have a field day with us. I am not a fan of Bevell but this not his fault.

Bevell wanted to get cute instead of doing the right thing by pounding the rock. I'm fed up with him and Wilson.

Pardon me, maybe I missed it, but I didn't you notice complaining when his cute flea flicker lead to a TD? Can you please show me were you complained?

Or do you just wait until after the game, and whine if we lose.
Pardon me but what did he call when we needed plays in the clutch. We had to keep the clock running this fool called passing plays. If I am correct Carolina only burned 1 timeout with a little over two minutes remaining

mrt144

Reaction score
*Russell Wilson scrambles for 4 yards
*Wilson to Chris Matthews on a stop route for 12 and a first down
*Play-action pass deep to Tyler Lockett that was overthrown and incomplete and still my favorite play of the drive
*Wilson keeps it for 24
*Wilson runs again for 11 more
*Wilson sacked for -3 (gotta keep 'em honest)
*Wilson down the seam to Jimmy(!) Graham for 25
*Incomplete shovel pass
*Wilson runs around in the backfield for 94 seconds while Graham takes three defenders across the field, allowing Luke Willson to sneak underneath for a 16 yard catch
*Lynch up the pipe for 3
*Lynch right back up the pipe for the 1 yard teeder

Scoring drive according to fieldgulls.

Wilson plays like a pro and improvises to pick up 1st down with pass near goal line. If Bevell's such a infallible football genius why does it function only when Russ improvises.

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3vhl3oi0 said:
Yep, Carolina was gumming up the middle the whole game - we really could have used Rawls in there to work the edges and get outside a bit more.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":lo0c7mol said:
*Russell Wilson scrambles for 4 yards
*Wilson to Chris Matthews on a stop route for 12 and a first down
*Play-action pass deep to Tyler Lockett that was overthrown and incomplete and still my favorite play of the drive
*Wilson keeps it for 24
*Wilson runs again for 11 more
*Wilson sacked for -3 (gotta keep 'em honest)
*Wilson down the seam to Jimmy(!) Graham for 25
*Incomplete shovel pass
*Wilson runs around in the backfield for 94 seconds while Graham takes three defenders across the field, allowing Luke Willson to sneak underneath for a 16 yard catch
*Lynch up the pipe for 3
*Lynch right back up the pipe for the 1 yard teeder

Scoring drive according to fieldgulls.

Wilson plays like a pro and improvises to pick up 1st down with pass near goal line. If Bevell's such a infallible football genius why does it function only when Russ improvises.
Of that whole drive you just rattledoff, 70 percent or so were devised plays and the rest accounted for what Russell does best, and that's to improvise. Why do you find this so hard to comprehend? Bev knows that Russ's greatest talent is freewheeling and that's encouraged, not discouraged, within the system. I don't know what angle you're coming from with this.

mrt144

Reaction score
Just that RW plays well in spite of Bevell. :stirthepot:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":o92ko7ba said:
LymonHawk":o92ko7ba said:
dopeboy206":o92ko7ba said:
Year of The Hawk":o92ko7ba said:
Not Bevells fault. I guess Bevell let Cam Newton have a field day with us. I am not a fan of Bevell but this not his fault.

Bevell wanted to get cute instead of doing the right thing by pounding the rock. I'm fed up with him and Wilson.

Pardon me, maybe I missed it, but I didn't you notice complaining when his cute flea flicker lead to a TD? Can you please show me were you complained?

Or do you just wait until after the game, and whine if we lose.
Pardon me but what did he call when we needed plays in the clutch. We had to keep the clock running this fool called passing plays. If I am correct Carolina only burned 1 timeout with a little over two minutes remaining

So when his cute play does work, we should ignore it and not complain that he was stupid to try, no, we til one fails and then get upset that he tried it......got it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":5j17py9r said:
Just that RW plays well in spite of Bevell. :stirthepot:
I'll just say that when he's able to get a little protection and survey the field, Russ did indeed look great (except for overthrowing Lockett on what would have been a sure TD).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":2vuc8bz2 said:
Its an OC who is the worst play caller, the Oline who can't block for shit, a Qb who just can't throw the damn ball, a HC who doesn't have the balls to make changes, an Owner who probably doesn't even watch the game. THe list goes on!
THis franchise is in collapsing.
Boohoo....Snivelers.

FanSince82

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":mbf5eecy said:
That's the thing though. Objectively he didn't have a field day.

26 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 3 sacks. 4.3 yards per rush.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I just would like to know how long are we going to have to endure Bevell, why can't we just fire him right now?

Has Pete Carroll EVER fired a coach???

Honest question, I don't know if Carroll ever fires "his guys" when it comes to the lower level coaching staff?

I think the teams success is WAY more important than hanging onto a terrible offensive coordinator just to be "nice"... which really that is what Carroll seems to be doing with Bevell.

The writing has been on the wall that we needed to get rid of Bevell since 2012! It seemed 100% obvious to me from the start that Bevell was really bad, why can't we get someone better?!

We got knocked out of the playoffs in 2012 against Atlanta in a game where we scored 0 points in the first half... in my opinion Bevell called a terrible game and cost us the season. This was just one of several very bad games Bevell lost for us that season, another example being against the 49ers on the road.

But this was the year we posted three 40+ point games in a row! Two of those games were against division rivals Arizona (58 points), and 49ers (42 points).

To put that in perspective our team has only scored 40+ points 3 times after Wilson's rookie season. All of these came in 2013 when we won the Superbowl.

In week 16 we DESTROYED the 49ers 42-13!
The 49ers would go on to the Super Bowl and nearly win it against the Ravens. If it wasn't for Bevells horrible play calling which netted us 0 points in the first half against Atlanta it's very likely the Seahawks could of gone all the way.

During the 2012 season I was using the ESPN NFL forums (which have since been removed) but I had a lot of very detailed posts where I thoroughly examined specific games reaching the conclusion that Bevell was terrible, this has been obvious from the start.

In 2013 we nearly lost a ton of games because we couldn't score early. Bevell's game plans were awful and Wilson had to play like the league MVP late in those games to bail us out (Wilson was improvising, Bevell's plays for the most part were not working).

Then we nearly lose to 49ers in the NFC Championship but our defense bails us out! We had 3 points in the first half of that game! Our only passing Touchdown came on a free play bomb to Jermaine Kearse.

Our defense was playing like legends that season and still we barely made it to the Superbowl and nearly lost to a lot of bad teams due to Bevell's play calling.

Defense was still playing at an incredibly high level but were starting to get exposed a little bit more as the NFL rolled out the emphasis on defensive holding penalties.

Good offenses were starting to beat us with regularity as we went to a 3-3 start dropping games to the Chargers, the Cowboys, and of course the Rams. We also very nearly lost a game to the Broncos squeaking out an overtime win where Peyton Manning never even got a chance to take the field after the 4th quarter.

Lucky for us we didn't really play any good offenses for the remainder of the season due to many injuries and some declining rivals.

But then came the playoffs where our offense was terrible against the Packers ONCE AGAIN SCORING 0 points in the first half! We barely made it to overtime with a miraculous and completely improvised 2 point conversion where Wilson scrambled for his life and threw up a rainbow prayer to Luke Willson before getting tackled.

We also relied on Jon Ryan executing a trick play Touchdown pass for our first Touchdown of the game! Over 40 minutes had passed before we could score...

Not to mention the crazy onside kick recover by Chris Matthews to give us a chance to make miracles happen despite Bevells incompetence throughout the entire game...

What's my point? Our offense was terrible and Bevell did everything in his power to give us the greatest chance to lose this game. We really needed a miracle to overcome Bevell on this day and we got it.

But since then it's been nothing but awful...

Bevell lost us the Superbowl with what many called "The worst play in Super Bowl history"...

We were inexcusably unable to score in the final 20 minutes of the Superbowl thanks to Bevell and it cost us the game (just like we have been unable to score in the final 20 minutes of 3 of our games this season).

Conclusion:

I may need to edit this conclusion more once I have some time to rest, I just feel so exhausted and worn out thinking about how bad Bevell is and always has been... it's really driving me crazy that we can't get someone better after so many seasons of his incompetence and failures being so blatantly obvious.

Russell Wilson and our offense is regressing with Bevell.

Wilson was at his best his rookie season and in 2013, he seems to be regressing this season and made very little if any progress in 2014. In my view most of his success came from improvisation as he and Lynch put the Offense on their shoulders to carry our team and miraculously keep our seasons alive despite on countless occasions Bevell's best attempts to sabotage us with numerous ineffective game plans where we are unable to score for extremely long stretches of multiple games.

OUR DEFENSE HAS CARRIED OUR TEAM DESPITE BEVELL... PEOPLE NEED TO ACCEPT THIS IN ORDER TO FINALLY MOVE ON FROM HIM.

A lot of people only want to see the bright side but it's time to be realistic with Bevell as I always have been right from the start, win or lose it doesn't matter and nothing can change the fact that Bevell is a bad offensive coordinator.

The past few years we have had one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history and we still BARELY got one Super Bowl because our offense was so inconsistent and ineffective under Bevell.

In 2 out of 3 of our seasons one could directly attribute our playoff losses (and regular season struggles) to Bevell's terrible game plans, bad play calls, and most importantly his lack of situational awareness and the ability to consistently adjust his scheme in order to expose the weaknesses of opposing defenses.

We have just barely gotten by with the occasional crazy Bevell play like the Touchdown Pass to Ricardo Lockette today. When our Defense was dominant Bevells inconsistent erratic strategies weren't quite terrible enough to cost us EVERY season (just 2 out of 3)... But I can honestly say that if we had an elite Offensive Coordinator it's possible we would of won 3 Super Bowls in a row (should of beat Atlanta in 2013 and the Patriots last year). Yeah I know that might sound arrogant but I truly believe we had the talent on our roster to do it when our Defense was playing like they have been the past few seasons... BUT WHAT HELD US BACK??? BEVELL!!!

Unfortunately we have missed our golden opportunity to fire Bevell after our Super Bowl loss. As if 3 seasons of evidence wasn't enough to get someone good we let him hand the Patriots the Super Bowl on a golden platter and bring him right back to destroy our Offense some more... it's already so bad we are almost dead this season after only 6 games.

Bevell should of been gone after 2012 but if we don't get rid of him RIGHT NOW then I really can't see this team having a bright future. It's really not a solid plan to expect your defense to win EVERY SINGLE GAME FOR YOU (especially with the decline of our running game which they should of been preparing for with Lynch's age and consistently trash offensive line), it was barely enough for one Super Bowl but we won't be so lucky again.

Unfortunately we are at a point this season where our defense can no longer carry us EVERY GAME, they are having problems of their own now. If we had broke off from Bevell after the Super Bowl loss we could very well be in great position to have home field advantage, instead our Offense has failed to secure the win in all 4 of our losses.

It's time to move on from Bevell, we are already seeing the beginning signs of regression with Russell Wilson and his career could be on the downward spiral the longer we allow this to continue. It's hard enough playing QB behind our terrible offensive line but Wilson is probably second guessing his throws BECAUSE HE KNOWS BEVELL IS SO BAD he can't trust his play calls, especially after what happened in the Super Bowl loss.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":2v29frmf said:
I just would like to know how long are we going to have to endure Bevell, why can't we just fire him right now?

Has Pete Carroll EVER fired a coach???

Honest question, I don't know if Carroll ever fires "his guys" when it comes to the lower level coaching staff?

I think the teams success is WAY more important than hanging onto a terrible offensive coordinator just to be "nice"... which really that is what Carroll seems to be doing with Bevell.

The writing has been on the wall that we needed to get rid of Bevell since 2012! It seemed 100% obvious to me from the start that Bevell was really bad, why can't we get someone better?!

We got knocked out of the playoffs in 2012 against Atlanta in a game where we scored 0 points in the first half... in my opinion Bevell called a terrible game and cost us the season. This was just one of several very bad games Bevell lost for us that season, one example being against the 49ers on the road.

But this was the year we posted three 40+ point games in a row! Two of those games were against division rivals Arizona (58 points), and 49ers (42 points).

To put that in perspective our Offense has only scored 40+ points 3 times after Wilson's rookie season. All of these came in 2013 when we won the Superbowl.

In week 16 we DESTROYED the 49ers 42-13!
The 49ers would go on to the Super Bowl and nearly win it against the Ravens. If it wasn't for Bevells horrible play calling which netted us 0 points in the first half against Atlanta it's very likely the Seahawks could of gone all the way.

During the 2012 season I was using the ESPN NFL forums (which have since been removed) but I had a lot of very detailed posts where I thoroughly examined specific games reaching the conclusion that Bevell was terrible, this has been obvious from the start.

In 2013 we nearly lost a ton of games because we couldn't score early. Bevell's game plans were awful and Wilson had to play like the league MVP late in those games to bail us out (Wilson was improvising, Bevell's plays for the most part were not working).

Then we nearly lose to 49ers in the NFC Championship but our defense bails us out! We had 3 points in the first half of that game! Our only passing Touchdown came on a free play bomb to Jermaine Kearse.

Our defense was playing like legends that season and still we barely made it to the Superbowl and nearly lost to a lot of bad teams due to Bevell's play calling.

Defense was still playing at an incredibly high level but were starting to get exposed a little bit more as the NFL rolled out the emphasis on defensive holding penalties.

Good offenses were starting to beat us with regularity as we went to a 3-3 start dropping games to the Chargers, the Cowboys, and of course the Rams. We also very nearly lost a game to the Broncos squeaking out an overtime win where Peyton Manning never even got a chance to take the field after the 4th quarter.

Lucky for us we didn't really play any good offenses for the remainder of the season due to many injuries and some declining rivals.

But then came the playoffs where our offense was terrible against the Packers ONCE AGAIN SCORING 0 points in the first half! We barely made it to overtime with a miraculous and completely improvised 2 point conversion where Wilson scrambled for his life and threw up a rainbow prayer to Luke Willson before getting tackled.

We also relied on Jon Ryan executing a trick play Touchdown pass for our first Touchdown of the game! Over 40 minutes had passed before we could score...

Not to mention the crazy onside kick recover by Chris Matthews to give us a chance to make miracles happen despite Bevells incompetence throughout the entire game...

What's my point? Our offense was terrible and Bevell did everything in his power to give us the greatest chance to lose this game. We really needed a miracle to overcome Bevell on this day and we got it.

But since then it's been nothing but awful...

Bevell lost us the Superbowl with what many called "The worst play in Super Bowl history"...

We were inexcusably unable to score in the final 20 minutes of the Superbowl thanks to Bevell and it cost us the game (just like we have been unable to score in the final 20 minutes of 3 of our games this season).

Conclusion:

I may need to edit this conclusion more once I have some time to rest, I just feel so exhausted and worn out thinking about how bad Bevell is and always has been... it's really driving me crazy that we can't get someone better after so many seasons of his incompetence and failures being so blatantly obvious.

Russell Wilson and our offense is regressing with Bevell.

Wilson was at his best his rookie season and in 2013, he seems to be regressing this season and made very little if any progress in 2014. In my view most of his success came from improvisation as he and Lynch put the Offense on their shoulders to carry our team and miraculously keep our seasons alive despite on countless occasions despite Bevell's best attempts to sabotage it with numerous ineffective game plans where we are unable to score for extremely long stretches of multiple games.

OUR DEFENSE HAS CARRIED OUR TEAM DESPITE BEVELL... PEOPLE NEED TO ACCEPT THIS IN ORDER TO FINALLY MOVE ON FROM HIM.

A lot of people only want to see the bright side but it's time to be realistic with Bevell as I always have been right from the start, win or lose it doesn't matter and nothing can change the fact that Bevell is a bad offensive coordinator.

The past few years we have had one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history and we still BARELY got one Super Bowl because our offense was so inconsistent and ineffective under Bevell.

In 2 out of 3 of our seasons one could directly attribute our playoff losses (and regular season struggles) to Bevell's terrible game plans, bad play calls, and most importantly his lack of situational awareness and the ability to consistently adjust his scheme in order to expose the weaknesses of opposing defenses.

We have just barely gotten by with the occasional crazy Bevell play like the Touchdown Pass to Ricardo Lockette today. When our Defense was dominant Bevells inconsistent erratic strategies weren't quite terrible enough to cost us EVERY season (just 2 out of 3)... But I can honestly say that if we had an elite Offensive Coordinator it's possible we would of won 3 Super Bowls in a row (should of beat Atlanta in 2013 and the Patriots last year). Yeah I know that might sound arrogant but I truly believe we had the talent on our roster to do it when our Defense was playing like they have been the past few seasons... BUT WHAT HELD US BACK??? BEVELL!!!

Unfortunately we have missed our golden opportunity to fire Bevell after our Super Bowl loss. As if 3 seasons of evidence wasn't enough to get someone good we let him hand the Patriots the Super Bowl on a golden platter and bring him right back to destroy our Offense some more... it's already so bad we are almost dead this season after only 6 games.

Bevell should of been gone after 2012 but if we don't get rid of him RIGHT NOW then I really can't see this team having a bright future. It's really not a solid plan to expect your defense to win EVERY SINGLE GAME FOR YOU (especially with the decline of our running game which they should of been preparing for with Lynch's age and consistently trash offensive line), it was barely enough for one Super Bowl but we won't be so lucky again.

Unfortunately we are at a point this season where our defense can no longer carry us EVERY GAME, they are having problems of their own now. If we had broke off from Bevell after the Super Bowl loss we could very well be in great position to have home field advantage, instead our Offense has failed to secure the win in all 4 of our losses.

It's time to move on from Bevell, we are already seeing the beginning signs of regression with Russell Wilson and his career could be on the downward spiral the longer we allow this to continue. It's hard enough playing QB behind our terrible offensive line but Wilson is probably second guessing his throws BECAUSE HE KNOWS BEVELL IS SO BAD he can't trust his play calls, especially after what happened in the Super Bowl loss.

Easy answer. Because that wouldn't cure a thing. Get the offensive line in order and the defensive secondary shorn up and if the problems still persists, then we could look at your suggestion. Until then, it's not an effective remedy.

netskier

Reaction score
Brimsalabim, I agree completely with your post.

To drive this point even deeper, Belichick has developed this even further, and showed it tonight in the late game against the Colts. He unveiled a second TALL right end paired with Gronk. Another six seven tight end. Very hard to deal with two of them at the same time.

I wonder if we will ever see Graham deployed wide on one side, with Matthews wide on the other. Perhaps now that the Patriots have demonstrated that it works we might try it. Vary the route depth as the pass rush allows. Can always have one side go short enough to beat the pass rush.