Bevell Is Garbage.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Siouxhawk clearly didn't read my post (but is more likely trolling), Bevell has always been bad.

"if the problems still persists"

When has the problem not persisted with Bevell? That's what I want to know.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":2f99dnzp said:
Siouxhawk clearly didn't read my post (but is more likely trolling), Bevell has always been bad.

People who call other people trolls are most likely looking for a negative reaction, thereby making them a troll themselves.
You see Bevell as being bad. I see him as being a Super Bowl-winning caliber OC. And therin lies our quandry.

themunn

Reaction score
dopeboy206":qe4u8967 said:
Why didn't they just pound the ball and keep the clock running?

That's what he tried to do against the Bengals and we lost that game too

mrblitz

Reaction score
woohoo... scored from the red zone... free red robin burger!

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1kr5vaqc said:
Tokadub":1kr5vaqc said:

People who call other people trolls are most likely looking for a negative reaction, thereby making them a troll themselves.
You see Bevell as being bad. I see him as being a Super Bowl-winning caliber OC. And therin lies our quandry.

You are pathetically delusional. Super Bowl-winning caliber OC huh? What side of the ball contributed more to our SB win? You've got to be an absolute idiot to not realize our defense completely shut down Peyton and Denvers O, yet you're so stupid you want to crown Bevell for winning us a SB?? How well did he perform in the last SB, when the game was on the line and he had two timeouts and 30+ seconds left AT THE 1 YARD LINE?? Oh yeah he really won that game for us, calling the worst play in SUPER BOWL HISTORY and completely ignored giving the ball to our best player, BEASTMODE.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Tokadub":1mf8fyeq said:
I just would like to know how long are we going to have to endure Bevell, why can't we just fire him right now?

Has Pete Carroll EVER fired a coach???

Honest question, I don't know if Carroll ever fires "his guys" when it comes to the lower level coaching staff?

I think the teams success is WAY more important than hanging onto a terrible offensive coordinator just to be "nice"... which really that is what Carroll seems to be doing with Bevell.

The writing has been on the wall that we needed to get rid of Bevell since 2012! It seemed 100% obvious to me from the start that Bevell was really bad, why can't we get someone better?!

We got knocked out of the playoffs in 2012 against Atlanta in a game where we scored 0 points in the first half... in my opinion Bevell called a terrible game and cost us the season. This was just one of several very bad games Bevell lost for us that season, one example being against the 49ers on the road.

But this was the year we posted three 40+ point games in a row! Two of those games were against division rivals Arizona (58 points), and 49ers (42 points).

To put that in perspective our Offense has only scored 40+ points 3 times after Wilson's rookie season. All of these came in 2013 when we won the Superbowl.

In week 16 we DESTROYED the 49ers 42-13!
The 49ers would go on to the Super Bowl and nearly win it against the Ravens. If it wasn't for Bevells horrible play calling which netted us 0 points in the first half against Atlanta it's very likely the Seahawks could of gone all the way.

During the 2012 season I was using the ESPN NFL forums (which have since been removed) but I had a lot of very detailed posts where I thoroughly examined specific games reaching the conclusion that Bevell was terrible, this has been obvious from the start.

In 2013 we nearly lost a ton of games because we couldn't score early. Bevell's game plans were awful and Wilson had to play like the league MVP late in those games to bail us out (Wilson was improvising, Bevell's plays for the most part were not working).

Then we nearly lose to 49ers in the NFC Championship but our defense bails us out! We had 3 points in the first half of that game! Our only passing Touchdown came on a free play bomb to Jermaine Kearse.

Our defense was playing like legends that season and still we barely made it to the Superbowl and nearly lost to a lot of bad teams due to Bevell's play calling.

Defense was still playing at an incredibly high level but were starting to get exposed a little bit more as the NFL rolled out the emphasis on defensive holding penalties.

Good offenses were starting to beat us with regularity as we went to a 3-3 start dropping games to the Chargers, the Cowboys, and of course the Rams. We also very nearly lost a game to the Broncos squeaking out an overtime win where Peyton Manning never even got a chance to take the field after the 4th quarter.

Lucky for us we didn't really play any good offenses for the remainder of the season due to many injuries and some declining rivals.

But then came the playoffs where our offense was terrible against the Packers ONCE AGAIN SCORING 0 points in the first half! We barely made it to overtime with a miraculous and completely improvised 2 point conversion where Wilson scrambled for his life and threw up a rainbow prayer to Luke Willson before getting tackled.

We also relied on Jon Ryan executing a trick play Touchdown pass for our first Touchdown of the game! Over 40 minutes had passed before we could score...

Not to mention the crazy onside kick recover by Chris Matthews to give us a chance to make miracles happen despite Bevells incompetence throughout the entire game...

What's my point? Our offense was terrible and Bevell did everything in his power to give us the greatest chance to lose this game. We really needed a miracle to overcome Bevell on this day and we got it.

But since then it's been nothing but awful...

Bevell lost us the Superbowl with what many called "The worst play in Super Bowl history"...

We were inexcusably unable to score in the final 20 minutes of the Superbowl thanks to Bevell and it cost us the game (just like we have been unable to score in the final 20 minutes of 3 of our games this season).

Conclusion:

I may need to edit this conclusion more once I have some time to rest, I just feel so exhausted and worn out thinking about how bad Bevell is and always has been... it's really driving me crazy that we can't get someone better after so many seasons of his incompetence and failures being so blatantly obvious.

Russell Wilson and our offense is regressing with Bevell.

Wilson was at his best his rookie season and in 2013, he seems to be regressing this season and made very little if any progress in 2014. In my view most of his success came from improvisation as he and Lynch put the Offense on their shoulders to carry our team and miraculously keep our seasons alive despite on countless occasions Bevell's best attempts to sabotage us with numerous ineffective game plans where we are unable to score for extremely long stretches of multiple games.

OUR DEFENSE HAS CARRIED OUR TEAM DESPITE BEVELL... PEOPLE NEED TO ACCEPT THIS IN ORDER TO FINALLY MOVE ON FROM HIM.

A lot of people only want to see the bright side but it's time to be realistic with Bevell as I always have been right from the start, win or lose it doesn't matter and nothing can change the fact that Bevell is a bad offensive coordinator.

The past few years we have had one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history and we still BARELY got one Super Bowl because our offense was so inconsistent and ineffective under Bevell.

In 2 out of 3 of our seasons one could directly attribute our playoff losses (and regular season struggles) to Bevell's terrible game plans, bad play calls, and most importantly his lack of situational awareness and the ability to consistently adjust his scheme in order to expose the weaknesses of opposing defenses.

We have just barely gotten by with the occasional crazy Bevell play like the Touchdown Pass to Ricardo Lockette today. When our Defense was dominant Bevells inconsistent erratic strategies weren't quite terrible enough to cost us EVERY season (just 2 out of 3)... But I can honestly say that if we had an elite Offensive Coordinator it's possible we would of won 3 Super Bowls in a row (should of beat Atlanta in 2013 and the Patriots last year). Yeah I know that might sound arrogant but I truly believe we had the talent on our roster to do it when our Defense was playing like they have been the past few seasons... BUT WHAT HELD US BACK??? BEVELL!!!

Unfortunately we have missed our golden opportunity to fire Bevell after our Super Bowl loss. As if 3 seasons of evidence wasn't enough to get someone good we let him hand the Patriots the Super Bowl on a golden platter and bring him right back to destroy our Offense some more... it's already so bad we are almost dead this season after only 6 games.

Bevell should of been gone after 2012 but if we don't get rid of him RIGHT NOW then I really can't see this team having a bright future. It's really not a solid plan to expect your defense to win EVERY SINGLE GAME FOR YOU (especially with the decline of our running game which they should of been preparing for with Lynch's age and consistently trash offensive line), it was barely enough for one Super Bowl but we won't be so lucky again.

Unfortunately we are at a point this season where our defense can no longer carry us EVERY GAME, they are having problems of their own now. If we had broke off from Bevell after the Super Bowl loss we could very well be in great position to have home field advantage, instead our Offense has failed to secure the win in all 4 of our losses.

It's time to move on from Bevell, we are already seeing the beginning signs of regression with Russell Wilson and his career could be on the downward spiral the longer we allow this to continue. It's hard enough playing QB behind our terrible offensive line but Wilson is probably second guessing his throws BECAUSE HE KNOWS BEVELL IS SO BAD he can't trust his play calls, especially after what happened in the Super Bowl loss.

Holy shit, this may be the best post ever

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Bevell's, but right now he is also hamstrung by an OL that won't pass protect and a QB who is allergic to throwing from the pocket. It's a circus out there and Bevell is just one of the clowns in the car. Without knowing how much authority Wilson has on the field to change protections/plays/etc it's a hard to tell where the issues start. I can promise you though that there's times the right play is called and Russ blows it by not throwing to a guy that's breaking because he doesnt have a few yards between him and the closest defender.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1m05kipb said:
Year of The Hawk":1m05kipb said:
Not Bevells fault. I guess Bevell let Cam Newton have a field day with us. I am not a fan of Bevell but this not his fault.

Bevell wanted to get cute instead of doing the right thing by pounding the rock. I'm fed up with him and Wilson.
That you Momma Lynch?
Pounding the rock for 1 or 2 yd gains is what we were doing on 1st and 2nd down. Are we to pound the rock on 3rd and long too. Panthers wete teeing off on our suspect Oline during crucial passing situations. Thats the reason our drives stalled.

edogg23

Reaction score
Tokadub":3qppvy0d said:
I just would like to know how long are we going to have to endure Bevell, why can't we just fire him right now?

Has Pete Carroll EVER fired a coach???

Honest question, I don't know if Carroll ever fires "his guys" when it comes to the lower level coaching staff?

I think the teams success is WAY more important than hanging onto a terrible offensive coordinator just to be "nice"... which really that is what Carroll seems to be doing with Bevell.

The writing has been on the wall that we needed to get rid of Bevell since 2012! It seemed 100% obvious to me from the start that Bevell was really bad, why can't we get someone better?!

We got knocked out of the playoffs in 2012 against Atlanta in a game where we scored 0 points in the first half... in my opinion Bevell called a terrible game and cost us the season. This was just one of several very bad games Bevell lost for us that season, one example being against the 49ers on the road.

But this was the year we posted three 40+ point games in a row! Two of those games were against division rivals Arizona (58 points), and 49ers (42 points).

To put that in perspective our Offense has only scored 40+ points 3 times after Wilson's rookie season. All of these came in 2013 when we won the Superbowl.

In week 16 we DESTROYED the 49ers 42-13!
The 49ers would go on to the Super Bowl and nearly win it against the Ravens. If it wasn't for Bevells horrible play calling which netted us 0 points in the first half against Atlanta it's very likely the Seahawks could of gone all the way.

During the 2012 season I was using the ESPN NFL forums (which have since been removed) but I had a lot of very detailed posts where I thoroughly examined specific games reaching the conclusion that Bevell was terrible, this has been obvious from the start.

In 2013 we nearly lost a ton of games because we couldn't score early. Bevell's game plans were awful and Wilson had to play like the league MVP late in those games to bail us out (Wilson was improvising, Bevell's plays for the most part were not working).

Then we nearly lose to 49ers in the NFC Championship but our defense bails us out! We had 3 points in the first half of that game! Our only passing Touchdown came on a free play bomb to Jermaine Kearse.

Our defense was playing like legends that season and still we barely made it to the Superbowl and nearly lost to a lot of bad teams due to Bevell's play calling.

Defense was still playing at an incredibly high level but were starting to get exposed a little bit more as the NFL rolled out the emphasis on defensive holding penalties.

Good offenses were starting to beat us with regularity as we went to a 3-3 start dropping games to the Chargers, the Cowboys, and of course the Rams. We also very nearly lost a game to the Broncos squeaking out an overtime win where Peyton Manning never even got a chance to take the field after the 4th quarter.

Lucky for us we didn't really play any good offenses for the remainder of the season due to many injuries and some declining rivals.

But then came the playoffs where our offense was terrible against the Packers ONCE AGAIN SCORING 0 points in the first half! We barely made it to overtime with a miraculous and completely improvised 2 point conversion where Wilson scrambled for his life and threw up a rainbow prayer to Luke Willson before getting tackled.

We also relied on Jon Ryan executing a trick play Touchdown pass for our first Touchdown of the game! Over 40 minutes had passed before we could score...

Not to mention the crazy onside kick recover by Chris Matthews to give us a chance to make miracles happen despite Bevells incompetence throughout the entire game...

What's my point? Our offense was terrible and Bevell did everything in his power to give us the greatest chance to lose this game. We really needed a miracle to overcome Bevell on this day and we got it.

But since then it's been nothing but awful...

Bevell lost us the Superbowl with what many called "The worst play in Super Bowl history"...

We were inexcusably unable to score in the final 20 minutes of the Superbowl thanks to Bevell and it cost us the game (just like we have been unable to score in the final 20 minutes of 3 of our games this season).

Conclusion:

I may need to edit this conclusion more once I have some time to rest, I just feel so exhausted and worn out thinking about how bad Bevell is and always has been... it's really driving me crazy that we can't get someone better after so many seasons of his incompetence and failures being so blatantly obvious.

Russell Wilson and our offense is regressing with Bevell.

Wilson was at his best his rookie season and in 2013, he seems to be regressing this season and made very little if any progress in 2014. In my view most of his success came from improvisation as he and Lynch put the Offense on their shoulders to carry our team and miraculously keep our seasons alive despite on countless occasions Bevell's best attempts to sabotage us with numerous ineffective game plans where we are unable to score for extremely long stretches of multiple games.

OUR DEFENSE HAS CARRIED OUR TEAM DESPITE BEVELL... PEOPLE NEED TO ACCEPT THIS IN ORDER TO FINALLY MOVE ON FROM HIM.

A lot of people only want to see the bright side but it's time to be realistic with Bevell as I always have been right from the start, win or lose it doesn't matter and nothing can change the fact that Bevell is a bad offensive coordinator.

The past few years we have had one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history and we still BARELY got one Super Bowl because our offense was so inconsistent and ineffective under Bevell.

In 2 out of 3 of our seasons one could directly attribute our playoff losses (and regular season struggles) to Bevell's terrible game plans, bad play calls, and most importantly his lack of situational awareness and the ability to consistently adjust his scheme in order to expose the weaknesses of opposing defenses.

We have just barely gotten by with the occasional crazy Bevell play like the Touchdown Pass to Ricardo Lockette today. When our Defense was dominant Bevells inconsistent erratic strategies weren't quite terrible enough to cost us EVERY season (just 2 out of 3)... But I can honestly say that if we had an elite Offensive Coordinator it's possible we would of won 3 Super Bowls in a row (should of beat Atlanta in 2013 and the Patriots last year). Yeah I know that might sound arrogant but I truly believe we had the talent on our roster to do it when our Defense was playing like they have been the past few seasons... BUT WHAT HELD US BACK??? BEVELL!!!

Unfortunately we have missed our golden opportunity to fire Bevell after our Super Bowl loss. As if 3 seasons of evidence wasn't enough to get someone good we let him hand the Patriots the Super Bowl on a golden platter and bring him right back to destroy our Offense some more... it's already so bad we are almost dead this season after only 6 games.

Bevell should of been gone after 2012 but if we don't get rid of him RIGHT NOW then I really can't see this team having a bright future. It's really not a solid plan to expect your defense to win EVERY SINGLE GAME FOR YOU (especially with the decline of our running game which they should of been preparing for with Lynch's age and consistently trash offensive line), it was barely enough for one Super Bowl but we won't be so lucky again.

Unfortunately we are at a point this season where our defense can no longer carry us EVERY GAME, they are having problems of their own now. If we had broke off from Bevell after the Super Bowl loss we could very well be in great position to have home field advantage, instead our Offense has failed to secure the win in all 4 of our losses.

It's time to move on from Bevell, we are already seeing the beginning signs of regression with Russell Wilson and his career could be on the downward spiral the longer we allow this to continue. It's hard enough playing QB behind our terrible offensive line but Wilson is probably second guessing his throws BECAUSE HE KNOWS BEVELL IS SO BAD he can't trust his play calls, especially after what happened in the Super Bowl loss.
:13: This guy gets it, I wish Paul Allen Pete, Pete Carroll or John Schneider would get it as well.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
I've hated Bevell for 3 years. He usually doesn't play ball 'til we get in trouble in the second half. He calls THE worst plays on critical 3rd downs (especially long ones) and has never realized that every team blitzes us on important 3rd downs because they know our OL can't stop them.

Hey, I know, let's go get some more Defensive Linemen and convert them into Offensive Linemen. I sure hope PC has come to the conclusion that experiment is at an end.

All that being said, the Bengals loss and yesterdays loss isn't on Bevell. He finally let Russ play 4 quarters yesterday. Those 2 losses were on our D, both in the 2nd half. We usually excel in the 4th quarter. This team reminds me of the Hasselbeck years............have a great lead in the 1st half and give it away in the 2nd.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm no fan of the guy and some of our offensive problems fall on him though I think more are on the o-line. Yesterday was not on Darrell IMO. My problem is as stated by another poster on another thread, if Pete constantly preaches compete and has shown that no player is guaranteed a job yet Bevell remained as OC after that call in XLIX, it's fractured the team mentally and emotionally.

Myself and others mentioned that there could be a huge division in the locker room if he didn't "resign" after the SB and I believe that's part of the issue with this team. It sure isn't the only thing but I believe it's a factor.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":4dqa7g2p said:
I've never been a fan of Bevell's, but right now he is also hamstrung by an OL that won't pass protect and a QB who is allergic to throwing from the pocket. It's a circus out there and Bevell is just one of the clowns in the car. Without knowing how much authority Wilson has on the field to change protections/plays/etc it's a hard to tell where the issues start. I can promise you though that there's times the right play is called and Russ blows it by not throwing to a guy that's breaking because he doesnt have a few yards between him and the closest defender.

You don't pay a QB what Russell makes and give him anything less than absolute authority over the play selection and pre-snap adjustments.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This franchise is at a crossroad. Who do we want to be? The nice guys that keep our tenured yet non-productive players and coaches, or the cutthroats, who will ship your ass out of town if you don't tow the line? Looking at you Lynch, Okung, Chancellor, Mebane, Baldwin...

Subzero717

Reaction score
I agree with those that are asking about Richard. I'm not Bevell's biggest fan but we are scoring enough to win and have leads in the 4th qtr. On paper there isn't a team with as much talent on one side of the ball as our defense has and they simply aren't playing to their potential.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3qonoz3j said:
I agree with those that are asking about Richard. I'm not Bevell's biggest fan but we are scoring enough to win and have leads in the 4th qtr. On paper there isn't a team with as much talent on one side of the ball as our defense has and they simply aren't playing to their potential.

Agreed. Consistent miscommunications and fourth quarter meltdowns are unacceptable with a veteran defense like this. Richard has to be held accountable. He has been piss poor this year.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i think that the atlanta divisional playoff loss was more on the dc at the end of the game. but i've never been a big bevell fan. it's actually kind of weird the way they brought bevell in, and spent so much on harvin to boot. even back in minnesota, monday night football commentators were saying how unimaginative bevell's offense was.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
You could almost feel the momentum shift when we had that 4th down stop and Sherm got flagged for holding. First down.

That was the first of 4 80+yard drives for scores.

They beat us with runs up the gut and crossing patterns.

I don't think bevel is Einstein but DQ's defenses always seem to let the other team explore in Q1&2, but adjusted at 1/2 time and locked everyone down. Allowing the offense to either win or straight out lose.

Kris doesn't adjust and the opposing team throws very much the same plays at us.

Maybe Bw in the middle could of helped us out, but JLP was a stud yesterday at times.

On both sides, it's scheme.

Saints have had a shit online for years and they got to and won a Super Bowl on screens. They just never realized that screens cover for bad pass protection and never really addresses. So now my home town team will be a perennial 7-9 team because neither scheme nor personnel adjusted to compliment, improve, or evolve.

I see the Seahawks trying to play 2013 ball in 2015. Our d has too much tape against it. With the different dc's we should be evolving the scheme.

Kris is a copycat without the ability to adjust all 11. The game is bigger than 4.

mrt144

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":38siq60t said:
AbsolutNET":38siq60t said:

You don't pay a QB what Russell makes and give him anything less than absolute authority over the play selection and pre-snap adjustments.

Unfortunately for NFL franchises, 20 million is about what you pay to have a player who doesn't make obvious mistakes every single game at QB.

White Devil

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2xlp1z44 said:

This team didn't win the Super Bowl with their offense.

This team wouldn't have made it the playoffs if it had to rely on the offense.

Insanity.