Bevell is reading this forum!

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Bevell's response does not make me any more confident in him. The only thing he said that makes me feel better is that he doesn't care about fantasy football. Fantasy football takes away from real football imo.

The reason im not impressed is that he doesnt seem to understand that establishing the run helps set up the pass and TOGETHER they allow us to keep drives going. Extending drives allows you to get everyone involved.

It's easy to be limited to 40-something snaps when your cute shit is getting us nowhere 3 plays at a time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2s254cvg said:
Fantasy football takes away from real football imo.
I know what you mean. It's like when I watch a fictitious film, and real life just seems dull by comparison. Hate when that happens!

:roll:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought his response was passive aggressive bullshit. First, he thinks the fans are crying for everything, all the time.

His further comments about fantasy owners were intended to demean those criticizing him too, he followed it up with the I don't care about fantasy football, I care about winning.

So, if you don't like his playcalls, you are a crying fantasy dork who doesn't care about winning.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":12bisu6g said:
I thought his response was passive aggressive bullshit. First, he thinks the fans are crying for everything, all the time.

His further comments about fantasy owners were intended to demean those criticizing him too, he followed it up with the I don't care about fantasy football, I care about winning.

So, if you don't like his playcalls, you are a crying fantasy dork who doesn't care about winning.
Exactly how I perceived it, too; as if anyone complaining about Lynch's lack of carries doesn't give a crap about the team or getting a win, just getting jumbo fantasy numbers...I don't even have Lynch in any of my leagues this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
All I know is he had better borrow a hat full of rabbits because his hat only has their droppings in it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1rwoo2ss said:

To be fair, they usually are.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3ks0tubh said:
It's easy to be limited to 40-something snaps when your cute shit is getting us nowhere 3 plays at a time.

I think Pete and Darrell are starting to realize that Percy should be a compliment to our offense, and not something they have to force in the gameplans.

IMO they got a little too excited about their new toy that was finally healthy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2g0gx7gu said:
bjornanderson21":2g0gx7gu said:

I think Pete and Darrell are starting to realize that Percy should be a compliment to our offense, and not something they have to force in the gameplans.

IMO they got a little too excited about their new toy that was finally healthy.

Even though that makes them sound like a kid playing Madden, I agree.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bttqock said:

I read it differently,

there's going to be cries for everything, all the time

I interpret that as meaning "shouts", not "crying." And I think it's hard to argue with his point. Pointing out personal disagreements in playcalling is a long held NFL fan tradition when their team loses. Combine this with the full context of what he's saying, and his intention is to say that OC's must have thick skin.

The fantasy football thing was a stock answer. Every coach says that. It was specifically in response to Marshawn Lynch only getting 10 carries. But Bevell also admitted this was a mistake, and said that they "have to do a better job of getting him the ball."

Nothing to see here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
btw, to people who think we aren't running it as much on 1st down as we used to, check this out.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/ru ... t-down-pct

We're actually running it more on 1st down this year than anytime during the past three years...........just not having as much success due to O-line issues and dumb penalties.

chris98251

Reaction score
I really glad that we hired Bevell as our new OC this last week, even after 3 years the other guys having Lynch on the Roster didn't use him enough, this new Bevell guy sounds like he wants to run him a lot more then the old guy.

hawk45

Reaction score
Not that national interest is a sign that something is actually a story, but the fact that the playcalling was bizarre enough that your ProFootballTalks of the world mention it shows that this isn't our usual gameday "WTF Bevell" schtick. Everyone noticed it, not just the Seattle fans he derided in a wussy backhanded way. And bringing up Fantasy Football may be a stock answer, but that doesn't mean it's not a jab. It's the way all coaches who resent answering playcalling questions imply that their critics are all just fantasy geeks.

But hey, the point was made by the fans. The fact that they drug him out and threw him up against the wall and hurt his widdle feewings will stick with him. Seems like he needs one of these at least once a year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3tm928za said:
btw, to people who think we aren't running it as much on 1st down as we used to, check this out.

We're actually running it more on 1st down this year than anytime during the past three years...........just not having as much success due to O-line issues and dumb penalties.

Let's not let pesky facts get in the way of this witch hunt.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":2rvxmt7s said:
Scottemojo":2rvxmt7s said:

I read it differently,

there's going to be cries for everything, all the time

I interpret that as meaning "shouts", not "crying." And I think it's hard to argue with his point. Pointing out personal disagreements in playcalling is a long held NFL fan tradition when their team loses. Combine this with the full context of what he's saying, and his intention is to say that OC's must have thick skin.

The fantasy football thing was a stock answer. Every coach says that. It was specifically in response to Marshawn Lynch only getting 10 carries. But Bevell also admitted this was a mistake, and said that they "have to do a better job of getting him the ball."

Nothing to see here.
Still very dismissive of a complaint he would then agree with. It's just noise. But the noise is correct.

A simple we do need to get Marshawn more carries would suffice. Don't even acknowledge the noise. Or the cries.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, c'mon guys, lets be real here; up until 2014 the Seahawks we're known as a passing team. This is the first time teams have stacked the box against us.

Be patient, we'll figure out how to handle teams keying on the run.

hawk45

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2srcqt4o said:
Sgt. Largent":2srcqt4o said:

Let's not let pesky facts get in the way of this witch hunt.

Here I thought the criticism concerned the number of times Lynch was used in the game on Sunday, not the number of times he has carried on first down on average this year.

Let's not let pesky facts get in the way of dismissing the opposing viewpoint as a witch hunt.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yes, we do need to get Lynch more carries.

I also need to feel like we can extend drives, which will contribute to more carries. I need to feel like we aren't forfeiting an entire series because of a false start or holding on 1st down. To me, that means QB1 needs to complete passes when the team has no choice but to telegraph a pass (3rd and long or any down after a penalty). Russell is special off play-action and read-option; we know this. I want him to be special when we have no choice but to pass. That has been a continuing struggle, and don't tell me it's entirely on protection -- there have been games where that was true, but Dallas and Arizona (last year) weren't among them.

Accountability needs to be shared among more people than just the OC and the Oline. Staying on the field will contribute to more carries. That goes far beyond what we're calling on 1st and 2nd in normal yardage situations (though obviously that contributes). We need to be at least average on plays where the run is out of the equation.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qr6tbj77 said:

Not having as much success? We are 1st in the NFL averaging 5.3 YPC. We abandon the run for no reason at all at times so far this season.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/ ... ushAttempt

Latest posts