Bevell replacements - JUST in case....

Largent80

Reaction score
Foghawk":3somwkna said:
Replacing Bevell wont fix this. You can lead a RT to drink but can't teach him to water.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/814483546488393728[/tweet]

There ya go, but at least he's a rookie. What I'm seeing is Cable is telling these guys to do something that they are not getting. On that play, you simply block the guy in front of you. Imagine that...Blocking the guy in front of you....Something you don't see on the Seattle O-Line. If you watch the call Britt makes, he tells Ifedi to block his man, Ifedi ignores it.

Cable teaches dive at a players knees to the left, while the guy you vacated to make a dirty block kills RW or the RB.

Cable needs to go bye bye.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Largent80":bhudoj7l said:
There ya go, but at least he's a rookie. What I'm seeing is Cable is telling these guys to do something that they are not getting. On that play, you simply block the guy in front of you. Imagine that...Blocking the guy in front of you....Something you don't see on the Seattle O-Line. If you watch the call Britt makes, he tells Ifedi to block his man, Ifedi ignores it.

Cable teaches dive at a players knees to the left, while the guy you vacated to make a dirty block kills RW or the RB.

Yes, the ZBS certainly seems to cause confusion with the young OL.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSmithNFL/status/812794948491837440[/tweet]

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
xgeoff":3v0n7j70 said:
Great list, man. The main guy I would be interested in is:

Anthony Lynn, OC Buffalo -- I was so impressed with the way the Bills offense functioned against us when they came here to play us. They run the ball well, they regularly put up 30+ points. He would be my top choice.

Not going to lie, if Lynn doesn't get the HC job in Buffalo I'd be floored. But if the unthinkable did happen, I'd trade Bevell for Lynn in a heartbeat.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I think we'd love Bevell a lot more with a competent, dare I say even mediocre offensive line. I think our problems begin with Cable, and would love to see him leave town, along with his OL philosophy...whatever THAT is.

Foghawk

Reaction score
The O Line couldn't block out the sun with an umbrella in the 1st half of the Cards game. I think the offense would've looked 10x better had the OL been mediocre for the 1st two quarters of the game. Graham likely would've had a RZ TD as well. IMO the OL will get better (more consistent)...................................eventually.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":2wqtc37y said:
Where are all the "fire Bevell" geniuses that continuously say we can do better with their picks for a replacement.

I haven't seen one viable one listed, even in the OP.
When someone is delusional about a problem, there are no possible viable alternatives. May as well convince the alcoholic to go to rehab with just a friendly chat; they'll recognize and change when they're ready, and not before.

cymatica

Reaction score
So we have inexperience all over the OL and none of the coaches could figure out making things more simple might be a good idea? Sounds like Cable is just part of the problem.

mrt144

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1azxvufr said:
I think we'd love Bevell a lot more with a competent, dare I say even mediocre offensive line. I think our problems begin with Cable, and would love to see him leave town, along with his OL philosophy...whatever THAT is.

Maybe. If those goes on much longer he should resign out of preservation of dignity.

cymatica

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3okqj852 said:
Largent80":3okqj852 said:
Where are all the "fire Bevell" geniuses that continuously say we can do better with their picks for a replacement.

When someone is delusional about a problem, there are no possible viable alternatives. May as well convince the alcoholic to go to rehab with just a friendly chat; they'll recognize and change when they're ready, and not before.

So continuing to run long developing routes with this OL is a good idea? Sure, maybe they are that bad where it won't matter, but it's frustrating to watch the same crap over and over and not at least try something new. They could have at least played one game this year with an up tempo quick strike offense to start the game, see how it works. If that style doesn't work, at least your qb won't get killed in the process

seedhawk

Reaction score
Have many of you considered that perhaps Bevell is the only semi-decent OC that is willing to work under PC's constraints?

I would wager a goodly sum that every OC in the NFL has a playbook that is 99.9% like all the rest.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
cymatica":20ktntx9 said:
RolandDeschain":20ktntx9 said:
Largent80":20ktntx9 said:

So continuing to run long developing routes with this OL is a good idea? Sure, maybe they are that bad where it won't matter, but it's frustrating to watch the same crap over and over and not at least try something new. They could have at least played one game this year with an up tempo quick strike offense to start the game, see how it works. If that style doesn't work, at least your qb won't get killed in the process
You're relatively new here, I don't think you really know me. ;) I hate Bevell, and I've been vocal about it for somewhere around four years now.

My post was a lighthearted jab at the person I quoted not realizing Bevell's gotta go.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seedhawk":3fvu6mje said:
I would wager a goodly sum that every OC in the NFL has a playbook that is 99.9% like all the rest.

It's not what's in the playbook, it's how and when you use its contents...and how you change it up when you're getting your ass kicked.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Foghawk":w6x5hb7t said:
Largent80":w6x5hb7t said:

Fant was literally the only person to block anybody on that play.

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkGA":11m5suq7 said:
Foghawk":11m5suq7 said:
Largent80":11m5suq7 said:

Fant was literally the only person to block anybody on that play.

And it was a dude wasn't even going after the QB with any gusto...