Bevell replacements - JUST in case....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Preface: The only way I see a change happening in 2017 is if we lose the first playoff game, and do so in a way where its obvious the offense was a big reason why we lost said first playoff game.

Feel free to include any realistic candidates I may have overlooked.

Former Head-Coaches With Offensive Coordinator Experience
Norv Turner - Resigned from OC position with Vikings in 2016.
Ken Whisenhunt - Current OC in San Diego, former HC in Arizona and Tennessee
Mike Shanahan - Currently out of coaching, former OC San Francisco, former HC Denver, Oakland and Washington
Rob Chudzinski - Current OC in Indianapolis, former HC in Cleveland
Marc Trestman - Currently out of coaching, former HC in Chicago and Montreal (CFL); Former OC Baltimore, Oakland, Arizona, San Francisco, Cleveland

Current Head-Coaches on Hot Seat that could be heading back to OC land
Mike McCoy - Current HC in San Diego, former OC in Denver, former QB coach Carolina
Hue Jackson - Current HC in Cleveland, former HC in Oakland, former OC in Oakland and Cincinnati

Current Interim Coaches of the Bills that may be jobless soon
Anthony Lynn - Current OC and Interim HC in Buffalo

Current Position Coaches That May Make Leap to OC land
Bill Lazor - QB Coach Cincinnati, Former OC Miami, Former QB Coach Philadelphia and Seattle
Joe Lombardi - QB Coach New Orleans, Former OC Detroit

Current Coordinators on teams that may be making some changes
Pep Hamilton - Current OC Cleveland, Former OC Indianapolis
Pat Shurmur - Interim OC Minnesota, Former OC Philadelphia, St. Louis, Former HC Cleveland, Former Interim HC Philadelphia
Doug Marrone - Current Interim HC Jacksonville, Former OC New Orleans, Former HC Buffalo, Syracuse

Former Coordinators That Were Once Coordinators Then Rex Ryan Fired Them To Try And Save (unsuccessfully) His Arse
Greg Roman - Former OC Buffalo, San Francisco

From College To Da League
Jedd Fisch - Current QB/WR/Passing Game Coordinator, Michigan; Former OC Jacksonville; Former QB Coach Seattle

Guys That Burned Out In College But Had A Really Good Few Years With Tom Brady And One Good One in KC
Charlie Weis - Former OC Kansas City, New England, NY Jets, U of Florida; Former HC Kansas, Notre Dame

Super Fun Dark Horse Guys! (These Probably Won't Happen)
Sean McVay - Current OC Washington
Art Briles - Former HC Baylor, Houston
Steve Sarkisian - Current OC Alabama; Former HC USC, Washington; Former OC USC; Former QB Coach Oakland Raiders
Peyton Manning - Former QB Denver, Indianapolis (Paul Allen is rich, who knows?)

HawkGA

Reaction score
I could see it being Norv if there is a change. But I think the odds are better that there is no change.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
For some odd reason I dont see Jim Zorn in there. I do understand he was a QBs coach at Boise State and went on to OC for a few minutes at one of them colleges in DC....um uh...cant remember which one it was. But I still wonder what he could put together here. I think he was kinda successful as a quarterback.

SirTed

Reaction score
There's no way Hue Jackson is getting fired, but on the 1% chance he is, you snatch him up. Immediately.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Not much to get excited about with this list - especially eliminating the names that have zero chance of being available.

Maybe Jedd Fisch

There would be a few college OC's that could be worth looking at if we end up with an opening at OC.

Tee Martin, USC OC
Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma OC
Doug Meacham, TCU OC

Jerhawk

Reaction score
A dream come true would be Mike Holmgren

(It'll never happen. But I'd love to see it)

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":ry9kvaac said:
For some odd reason I dont see Jim Zorn in there. I do understand he was a QBs coach at Boise State and went on to OC for a few minutes at one of them colleges in DC....um uh...cant remember which one it was. But I still wonder what he could put together here. I think he was kinda successful as a quarterback.

Eh.. I think Zorn is probably done as far as an OC gig in the NFL. But I did consider listing him.

SirTed":ry9kvaac said:
There's no way Hue Jackson is getting fired, but on the 1% chance he is, you snatch him up. Immediately.

Agreed.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":2xi516sf said:
Not much to get excited about with this list

Kind of the overriding theme here. There are names out there, but not sure how many would be a marked improvement.

cymatica

Reaction score
Any coordinator that would use quicker, 3 step timing routes would do fine. This offense has plenty of talent in skill positions, you just need someone to recognize the o-line woes and adjust accordingly, and not wait until the 4th quarter to do it.

Would be nice to have someone drill into Wilson's head to trust what he sees in the defense and throw receivers open

xgeoff

Reaction score
Great list, man. The main guy I would be interested in is:

Anthony Lynn, OC Buffalo -- I was so impressed with the way the Bills offense functioned against us when they came here to play us. They run the ball well, they regularly put up 30+ points. He would be my top choice.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm starting the keep Bevell movement. FOUR MORE YEARS!

getnasty

Reaction score
xgeoff":1swd37r6 said:
Great list, man. The main guy I would be interested in is:

Anthony Lynn, OC Buffalo -- I was so impressed with the way the Bills offense functioned against us when they came here to play us. They run the ball well, they regularly put up 30+ points. He would be my top choice.

I bet he gets the head job in Buffalo. Doug Marrone and Greg Roman would be my top two. I'd rather keep Bevell though. Also I think Cable would get the job if Bevell were to get the axe.

DJrmb

Reaction score
If DB were to be fired the likely replacement would be someone already on the staff. Pete is very loyal to his coaches and rarely reaches outside of his own group (or his sphere of influence) to fill positions. If Bevell goes you're probably looking at Cable or Smith taking over the offense...

rjdriver

Reaction score
Jerhawk":25quegnc said:
A dream come true would be Mike Holmgren

(It'll never happen. But I'd love to see it)

Pass, pass, draw. ;)

mikeak

Reaction score
1) It is also possible that Bevell gets a HC position so that would be the other "option" besides getting fired

2) Norv Turner and I may have to consider other teams to follow. I just cannot stand him as playcaller. As much as I dislike Bevell if it is Turner it just got 10 times worse

Problem with Shanahan is really how RGIII was used in Washington. The runs they put him through were way to risky / sure to come with injury. If that wasn't the case (and PC probably wouldn't allow that) then that would be interesting

Largent80

Reaction score
Where are all the "fire Bevell" geniuses that continuously say we can do better with their picks for a replacement.

I haven't seen one viable one listed, even in the OP.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Replacing Bevell wont fix this. You can lead a RT to drink but can't teach him to water.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/814483546488393728[/tweet]