Bevell's explanation of the play call via espn Liz Mathews

blue 22

Reaction score
" well you know im calling the plays and i make the calls I wish carroll would tell me to do something differently but we communicate, we talk, and i make all of the play calls. "

I wish he would too...

Pete better get rid of him or he is going to lose the clubhouse if he hasnt already.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So he was so worried about leaving too much time on the clock that he forgot Brandon Browner used to practice against that play?

Hawkee

Reaction score
If we scored and the Pats scored a TD in less than 20 seconds, they would have earned the win instead of letting it being handed to them on a silver platter.

Hawkee

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2nj5vyeb said:
"I might see who could run it."

:thirishdrinkers:

Is that even a valid thought? :shock:

canhawkfan

Reaction score
how come all us dumbasses at home can say just run the ball but he out thinks himself ?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
"I wish Pete would tell me to do something differently".

If you want your head coach to change a play call you are making, maybe you shouldn't be making that call in the first place.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
kearly":2scyl6zt said:
I get Bevell's logic, but I think he's wrong. The ball was snapped with 25 seconds to go. All you need to do is snap the next run with more than about 5 seconds left and you can call a timeout to run on 4th down. Very easy to get 3 runs in that situation.

And if you are going to take a shot in the endzone, it needs to be a safer play that gives Wilson the option to throw it away or scramble.

Agreed. But come on -- just run the freaking ball. With 1 yard to go until paydirt and a Super Bowl victory, are you seriously telling me that Marshawn Lynch is going to be denied the end zone? No freaking way. If Bevell really truly believed that, he should be gone. The players were upset and they have a right to be. That slant was a bone head call, as there is just too much chance of things going wrong (as we saw).

chris98251

Reaction score
If you play action and do a roll out drag play you have a better chance to run in with Russell or pop a TE open running into the ball instead of running into coverage.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":330li8t7 said:
Hasselbeck":330li8t7 said:
He needs to resign tomorrow. And if not, he should be fired.

No other option
This X 1000. Don't care what you say or how you say it Darrell, you made one of the worst play calls in the history of the game of football.

There's not an offensive playcaller in Pop Warner, jr. high, high school, college or the pros that makes this call outside of yourself. Buh bye.

Bingo! Bingo! Bingo!
RUN THE DAMN BALL!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Foghawk":ylzmzrx5 said:
I can understand what their thought process was but they were over thinking the situation. They surely had time to run the ball on the last three downs if they had committed to doing so. As soon as Lynch was down at the one yd line after the 1st down run I was yelling for them to quickly line up and give it to him again. Oh well :cry:

I can understand it, like I can understand how a dude could hump his sister. sometimes people make awful, poorly prioritized decisions. But that doesn't make it right.

cheese22

Reaction score
" well you know im calling the plays and i make the calls I wish carroll would tell me to do something differently but we communicate, we talk, and i make all of the play calls. "

What a weasel. I get the feeling he was told to call a pass by Carroll and called just about as shitty a play as you can. And then he's hoping to share some of the blame because of the results.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO it is not the play call but the mindset of the last play. They wanted to burn the clock out. Really. This is not playing to win. Did you not trust our defense? Just get in and then let our defense worry about the last few seconds. He was overthinking it and I have no idea why. In the end just like it was no one players fault it is not one coaches fault. We did not only attribute win over Green Bay because one guy for the missed onside kick for the game. There were many plays we missed in this game. I still feel he was wrong and made a bad decision but so did Simon for getting beat by Edlman twice in the end zone by a simple fake (just one example),

Greenhell

Reaction score
It's 3am and I'm still like Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn:pukeface:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Every single person trying to win that game would call a run. Why didn't he? And why didn't Pete or Tom or Russell step in and change it? The whole shit smells fishy to me.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Threw Lockette under the bus too. He needs to go or this team is going to fall apart.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Greenhell":1g1hg1lq said:
It's 3am and I'm still like Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn :pukeface:
You and I both buddy!. Woke up and also found dog pissed on the floor. Great cap to night. I suppose it should have been crap since that is what Bevell drew up.

Hawkee

Reaction score
And not having the confidence that the defense could hold Brady away from FG range for less than 30 seconds?