Bevell's Fireable Offense(s)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
getnasty":1wbxd4f0 said:
falcongoggles":1wbxd4f0 said:
We all know Walsh missing all three field goals was a fireable offense. I was at the Arizona game last year when Seattle got completely manhandled for 58 minutes and then had a chance to win with a chip shot. Haus money misses it and the rest is history. In the presser PC said that Hauschka had to make those kicks.

With all that said, I think the biggest fireable offense on this team I've seen today happened on the 2-point conversion. Bevell called up almost the same play as the superbowl. What happens? THE SAME EXACT THING. The route gets jumped, the ball is picked and almost gets taken back for 2 points the other way. This is after Wilson gets picked throwing another slant that is almost identical to the Super Bowl play just a quarter earlier. The fact that they went to that play two times and were intercepted both times...FIRE BEVELL.

Let me know what other things are fireable offenses in your opinion (mishandling Jimmy has to be there as well)

My question to you is does Russell have to throw to that option? I mean you have 5 options and chooses Mckissic on the slant as the best one before he even snaps the ball.

Russell Wilson is a great quarterback, but he's not elite.

Sorry fam, just calling it like I see it. His decision making on which WR to throw to has been average at best for his career.

Part of that is on Wilson but the majority of this never ending lagging problem is Bevell, but most everyone knows that as we see silly play calling game in and game out.

inda2o6

Reaction score
Teams install a 15 play game plan during the week, to start on offense, is what i keep hearing. Sadly our offense can't gain 1st downs after the first 3 downs. Who is to blame for that... it seems like it happens every game to the Seahawks. That plan obviously hasn't worked, after 5 years in the offense, hasn't Russell earned the right to call some of his plays, like Peyton Manning did in Indy?... let him audible when he sees something he doesnt like. What's the point of game planning when the results prove Bevell's has become predictible.

Anthony!

Reaction score
getnasty":3uk3sciz said:
Anthony!":3uk3sciz said:
getnasty":3uk3sciz said:
Anthony!":3uk3sciz said:
actually yes as that is a timing slant and he pretty much has to throw it.

So if you saying Russell's only option as he surveys the field is to throw the slant to Mckissic then I say off with Bevells head. My guess though is Russ gets to the line can has the option to throw the ball where ever he want and can change the play if he wants but instead threw the ball Mckissic which was the wrong choice.

nope we went through this in the SB loss and Huard broke it down those are timing patterns were he has to throw it. They are mean to get the ball out quick. So I will go with off with Bevells head for $1million, oh and there was suppose to be a pick that never happened

5 options and the only one the matters is Mckissic

I dont call the plays I just know that one well as it was talked to death after the SB. So yes

getnasty

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":vrqy0l9h said:
getnasty":vrqy0l9h said:
falcongoggles":vrqy0l9h said:
We all know Walsh missing all three field goals was a fireable offense. I was at the Arizona game last year when Seattle got completely manhandled for 58 minutes and then had a chance to win with a chip shot. Haus money misses it and the rest is history. In the presser PC said that Hauschka had to make those kicks.

With all that said, I think the biggest fireable offense on this team I've seen today happened on the 2-point conversion. Bevell called up almost the same play as the superbowl. What happens? THE SAME EXACT THING. The route gets jumped, the ball is picked and almost gets taken back for 2 points the other way. This is after Wilson gets picked throwing another slant that is almost identical to the Super Bowl play just a quarter earlier. The fact that they went to that play two times and were intercepted both times...FIRE BEVELL.

Let me know what other things are fireable offenses in your opinion (mishandling Jimmy has to be there as well)

My question to you is does Russell have to throw to that option? I mean you have 5 options and chooses Mckissic on the slant as the best one before he even snaps the ball.

Sorry fam, just calling it like I see it. His decision making on which WR to throw to has been average at best for his career.

Part of that is on Wilson but the majority of this never ending lagging problem is Bevell, but most everyone knows that as we see silly play calling game in and game out.

This is my point he has the option to go elsewhere and he chose Mckissic over everyone.

Anthony!

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":39xaabc6 said:

The facts and stats disagree, Just because he or anyone has a bad game especially after so many great one does not change them being elite or not, if it did then there would be no Elite anything

Seymour

Reaction score
getnasty":2jmrrvi2 said:
Seymour":2jmrrvi2 said:
falcongoggles":2jmrrvi2 said:
I've got another fireable offense and this one is on Cable. The Redskins rush ONE lineman on the last play of the game...ONE...and Wilson still almost takes the sack. What does that say about the state of the offensive line?

It says what I've been saying 2 years now. Ifedi sucks and Cable will ride him to our grave.

It sucks to go through growing pains but if we just gave up on guys like Ifedi we wouldn't have found the Swezzys and Britts of the world.

It also sucks going through "growing pains" yet having no growth (in Ifedi's case). Most would call that an exercise in futility.

getnasty

Reaction score
Seymour":30ru15gq said:
getnasty":30ru15gq said:
Seymour":30ru15gq said:
falcongoggles":30ru15gq said:
I've got another fireable offense and this one is on Cable. The Redskins rush ONE lineman on the last play of the game...ONE...and Wilson still almost takes the sack. What does that say about the state of the offensive line?

It says what I've been saying 2 years now. Ifedi sucks and Cable will ride him to our grave.

It sucks to go through growing pains but if we just gave up on guys like Ifedi we wouldn't have found the Swezzys and Britts of the world.

It also sucks going through "growing pains" yet having no growth (in Ifedi's case). Most would call that an exercise in futility.

This is his 8th game in the NFL at RT and if you don't think he's better today then he was earlier in the year then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Anthony!

Reaction score
inda2o6":3tycmk9x said:
Teams install a 15 play game plan during the week, to start on offense, is what i keep hearing. Sadly our offense can't gain 1st downs after the first 3 downs. Who is to blame for that... it seems like it happens every game to the Seahawks. That plan obviously hasn't worked, after 5 years in the offense, hasn't Russell earned the right to call some of his plays, like Peyton Manning did in Indy?... let him audible when he sees something he doesnt like. What's the point of game planning when the results prove Bevell's has become predictible.

First I do not and never have agreed to the 15 play thing. That said supposedly the do it so they can feel out the defense to see what they are going to do. I guess watching game film doesn't count. Stupid as can be but they will not deviate. When the plays work great but more often they don't and we are stuck. Today play 15 came late in the 1st qtr.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
My biggest problem with Bevell is the lack of consistency. He calls decent games, but there are way too many slow starts, bonehead calls, and lack of adjustments. He should have been gone three or four years ago, but he seems to be Teflon.

Today, the offense had zero points until late in the third quarter right? No excuse for that. Even if the kicker had been on, there would have been maybe 6-9.

inda2o6

Reaction score
I'm with you on that, i don't think it helps. They need to quit wasting plays to begin the game. Hoping the plays work. I didn't know they use it to predict what will work. We know our game plans are stale. Scrap the 15 plans, they dont work for this team, imo.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":32gwkmyg said:
Without Wilson that history is written with results more comparable to Tavaris Jackson. Crediting Bevell with the success of the WILSON LED Seahawks is the same as saying Trent Dilfer took the Ravens to a Super Bowl.

edit: I removed the quote due to the fact that I know a lot of people here have him on ignore.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3i22hm1j said:
getnasty":3i22hm1j said:
falcongoggles":3i22hm1j said:

He could be elite if he would quit getting neutered by his OC’s gameplanning and playcalling.
He has shown flashes quite frequently when he’s allowed to call his own plays (2 minute situations).

redhawk253

Reaction score
How about coming out of the half with 2 runs.. then when we have the 3rd and short that the runs are supposed to create.. he goes to a prayer long ball.. wtf is that? Idiot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Anthony!

Reaction score
redhawk253":1guuowrc said:
How about coming out of the half with 2 runs.. then when we have the 3rd and short that the runs are supposed to create.. he goes to a prayer long ball.. wtf is that? Idiot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

well for one you are assuming there was any place to go short, for 2 hw do you know that was not what was called. lost of assumptions here but in the end you really dont know. At this point and given his success and elite stats and facts I will trust that he did what was called for or all that was available.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wooow. Russ is elite. There's no doubt. If you want to come out and say Brady, Rodgers, Brees never have bad games, they hit all these deep throws, don't throw picks, I call BS. I have Brees in fantasy and there was a two game stretch where he threw two picks each. Against the Packers he had two ugly picks in the endzone. Still elite! Rodgers was awful against the Falcons and threw a pick and had a lateral returned for a TD. Undoubtedly elite. Brady struggled mightily against three man rushes with plenty of time against KC in the season opener. Got blown out. GOAT.

Wentz, Gofff, these guys are QBs playing in great offenses. They haven't proven they are great QBs yet. IMO our guy has. He's not playing in a great offense. There is very little creativity. Seriously, compare this offense to the one BoB designed for Watson. There is no comparison. Wilson could run that offense about as well as anyone IMO. Misdirection, multiple play fakes, simplified reads. Why can't we have a nice offense?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
IMO, Bevell is a below average play caller on a team replete with elite offensive fire power. He is very poor at game planning to team strengths or exploiting the weaknesses of opponents, preferring to lead on the element of "surprise."

His route tree concepts are rudimentary. And he has little feel for creative running plays, which forces him to lean heavily on Tom Cable, who already has his hands full coaching an offensive line at the bottom of the league in talent acquisition (sans the AMAZING recent trade for Duane Brown).

Now that the offensive line is beginning to grow stronger in terms of personnel, the team's next greatest weakness to address is clearly Darrell Bevell's mediocrity. Hopefully, competition is brought to the offensive coordinator position before this team's window for greatness completely closes. Maybe Chip Kelly could be enticed to sign mid-season as an offensive consultant?

The Atlanta Falcons have witnessed this season what mediocre play calling (by former Carroll OC Steve Sarkisian) can do to what was once one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. Bevell is basically Sarkisian-lite.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with our gameplan and offense fundamentally. It was just one of those stinker games. Thankfully, they are far and few between.

It was the basic Pete script where the principle tenets of his strategy for winning failed to produce. First of all, our kicker needs to produce. Those were average kicks for NFL caliber placekickers and those 9 points we missed out on were unfortunately huge. He even makes 2 of 3 and we still win. Pete has a big decision to make about Blair's future with the team now.

We're also built to lean on our defense and like a beleaguered closer in baseball, it blew the save. You simply cannot allow this version of the Redskins carve us up for 75 yards in 60 seconds that late in the game. How vastly important is Earl back there? I am almost certain he anticipates that long pass completion at the end and breaks it up.

What else can't we afford? Oh yeah, giving up turnovers. I'm not going to sweat it, because I have all the faith in the world in Russ, but those two picks we yielded were ugly. Russ just had one of those poor games. It happens, thankfully infrequently. But his passes were off. They had the oompa-loompa float on them. He usually throws lasers, but too much loft sabotaged potential TD tosses to Doug, Lock and Jimmy. I'm sure we'll get that corrected by Thursday night.

And what's with all the damn penalties? Just need to be disciplined. We lost too many good offensive gains or it set us up in poor down-and-distance situations with those holding and false start mistakes. Just can't do that.

My only qualms to the offense was how we seemed a little disorganized leading up to the 2-point try and why we didn't clock the ball after picking up the first down with 11 seconds left. We must've had 2 play calls lined up coming out of the huddle. But man, we only needed about 6 yards to give Walsh a chance to redeem himself and couldn't afford that sack.

But we're still very much on the way to another deep playoff run. Not a doubt in my mind about that. Just have to quickly regroup against the Cards and then use the extended break to heal and regain our composure and edge.

Atradees

Reaction score
Matt Hasselbeck................lets give Bevell a tv job and get Matt doing great things for the team.