Bevell's Fireable Offense(s)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1txdh44p said:
He's done his part to make the Hawks one of the best teams in the league the past 6 years and one poor showing at home doesn't diminish that.
You are a troll and it still blows my mind that you are allowed to have free reign around here posting the way you do.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":268d84gz said:
Siouxhawk":268d84gz said:
He's done his part to make the Hawks one of the best teams in the league the past 6 years and one poor showing at home doesn't diminish that.
You are a troll and it still blows my mind that you are allowed to have free reign around here posting the way you do.
And all you do is call people names without offering anything constructive. Just because I have beliefs that are different than yours doesn't make me wrong.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3r4rffp9 said:
And all you do is call people names without offering anything constructive. Just because I have beliefs that are different than yours doesn't make me wrong.
If all you did was just have different beliefs, that'd be perfectly fine. You espouse factually incorrect information that you choose to believe is fact and that is something different.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":51lz00t5 said:
There's nothing wrong with our gameplan and offense fundamentally. It was just one of those stinker games. Thankfully, they are far and few between.

And this is why everybody has issues with you. You dont or cant comprehend how bad our offense truly is. You say it was one of those stinker games but thats pretty much the norm for this offense. Its nothing out of the ordinary for this offense to do nothing for 3+ quarters in any given game. The output we had against Houston is whats not normal.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":q3reki4x said:
RolandDeschain":q3reki4x said:
Siouxhawk":q3reki4x said:

When your beliefs are contradicted by empirical fact, you are the definition of wrong. But you go ahead and keep believing the earth is flat and that all opinions are equal.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They had 2 points total, deep in the game (from the Safety) Can't be settling for Field Goal attempts all the time.
This was a total team loss. 3 Missed FG's, 3 missed interceptions, 16 flippen penalties, and then a press coverage when you're up 4 with 1 minute and half??? Wow.
They flat out gave that game away, as a TEAM. Not just Walsh, or Bevell or Russ etc.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2r5ahk60 said:
Siouxhawk":2r5ahk60 said:
If all you did was just have different beliefs, that'd be perfectly fine. You espouse factually incorrect information that you choose to believe is fact and that is something different.
So give me an example of this so-called bogus information I provide. Chances are you'll come up empty.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":edx38315 said:
Siouxhawk":edx38315 said:
There's nothing wrong with our gameplan and offense fundamentally. It was just one of those stinker games. Thankfully, they are far and few between.

And this is why everybody has issues with you. You dont or cant comprehend how bad our offense truly is. You say it was one of those stinker games but thats pretty much the norm for this offense. Its nothing out of the ordinary for this offense to do nothing for 3+ quarters in any given game. The output we had against Houston is whats not normal.
But more often than not, they get the job done. The game was scripted for another typical Hawks win had we just made 2 of those 3 field goals and the defense come up with a stop. We were sabotaged by penalties and 2 turnovers.Thats not going to be the norm, rather the exception. So yeah, I feel good about this offense going forward.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1yrn2fra said:
RolandDeschain":1yrn2fra said:
Siouxhawk":1yrn2fra said:
So give me an example of this so-called bogus information I provide. Chances are you'll come up empty.

Probably any topic that rhymes with the word 'drevil.' :2thumbs:

mrt144

Reaction score
getnasty":aaiq4as6 said:
Seymour":aaiq4as6 said:
falcongoggles":aaiq4as6 said:
I've got another fireable offense and this one is on Cable. The Redskins rush ONE lineman on the last play of the game...ONE...and Wilson still almost takes the sack. What does that say about the state of the offensive line?

It says what I've been saying 2 years now. Ifedi sucks and Cable will ride him to our grave.

It sucks to go through growing pains but if we just gave up on guys like Ifedi we wouldn't have found the Swezzys and Britts of the world.

This is self PWNage

Threedee

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":10zl0zgo said:

How was this game any worse offensively than the other performances this season?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Dude, even you have to admit our offense is inconsistent. In my personal opinion it isn't fun to watch. Not every game has to be like the Houston one, which was a blast to watch offensively, but damn watching our offense is just awful. Let's go through our games.

GB: Offense is completely dysfunctional. The line gets destroyed and Russ has NO chance to do anything. Defense gives up 17 to Rodgers @ Lambeau, 7 of which come off a turnover at the 6 yard line. This loss is on the offense.

vs. SF: Start off the game moving the ball and drops/poor throws kill us in the endzone. Offense stymied until the end of the game where Russ pulls off a miracle drive to get us the TD. Defense plays well, has some lapses against Hyde but holds Hoyer under 100 yards passing. Defense gets the W.

TEN: Offense looks unprepared, guys aren't in sync, Russ missing throws. Defense starts out strong and shuts down a strong Titans offense for most of the first half. Penalties kill us on both sides. Offense comes alive at the end of the half and during the second half. Defense shits the bed. Total team failure.

Colts: Offense does nothing during the first half. Defense gets a TD and gives up a couple TDs. Team starts to play complementary football in the second half. Defense gets another score and offense puts up tons of points in the 4th. Total team success, but not a consistent game from either side.

@LA: Offense has a single good drive in the second quarter and gets a TD. Gives the ball away twice. Scores a total of three points off FIVE turnovers. Defense forces five turnovers, but almost lets the Rams win. Nonetheless, the credit for this win has to go on the defense.

Giants: Offense moves the ball at will but can't score for the life of them in the first half. Turnover leads to a quick seven points, but the defense shuts the Giants down outside of that. Offense comes to life in the second half for some complementary football. Total team win, but again not consistent.

Houston: Defense gets destroyed but offers a little value back with five sacks and three picks, one for a TD. Offense is great the entire game except for some redzone woes. Offense gets the W.

Washington: Offense is a joke until the fourth quarter where they get us up with less than two min left. Defense was playing great outside of one drive where the Skins got a TD. They give up another TD drive in less than a minute. Total team failure.

Not a single game played consistently throughout by both sides of the ball, but you can see that the offense has been the root of our problems. Something needs to change. I like Attyla's "infuse with new talent/philosophies" idea. It's worked great for the Rams and Eagles.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2w3kdl8c said:
Siouxhawk":2w3kdl8c said:
RolandDeschain":2w3kdl8c said:
Siouxhawk":2w3kdl8c said:

You can also look for threads that rhyme with "level". 8)

hawknation2017

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1i7htrtj said:
hawknation2017":1i7htrtj said:
Siouxhawk":1i7htrtj said:
RolandDeschain":1i7htrtj said:

You can also look for threads that rhyme with "level". 8)

Made me think of this beautiful limerick:

There once was a man named Bevell,
Who couldn't keep his plays on the level,
But Carroll was made to understand,
To pull the trigger he canned,
And that was the end for Darrell Bevell.

:179417:

Exittium

Reaction score
adeltaY":3l0qwxlt said:
Dude, even you have to admit our offense is inconsistent. In my personal opinion it isn't fun to watch. Not every game has to be like the Houston one, which was a blast to watch offensively, but damn watching our offense is just awful. Let's go through our games.

GB: Offense is completely dysfunctional. The line gets destroyed and Russ has NO chance to do anything. Defense gives up 17 to Rodgers @ Lambeau, 7 of which come off a turnover at the 6 yard line. This loss is on the offense.

vs. SF: Start off the game moving the ball and drops/poor throws kill us in the endzone. Offense stymied until the end of the game where Russ pulls off a miracle drive to get us the TD. Defense plays well, has some lapses against Hyde but holds Hoyer under 100 yards passing. Defense gets the W.

TEN: Offense looks unprepared, guys aren't in sync, Russ missing throws. Defense starts out strong and shuts down a strong Titans offense for most of the first half. Penalties kill us on both sides. Offense comes alive at the end of the half and during the second half. Defense shits the bed. Total team failure.

Colts: Offense does nothing during the first half. Defense gets a TD and gives up a couple TDs. Team starts to play complementary football in the second half. Defense gets another score and offense puts up tons of points in the 4th. Total team success, but not a consistent game from either side.

@LA: Offense has a single good drive in the second quarter and gets a TD. Gives the ball away twice. Scores a total of three points off FIVE turnovers. Defense forces five turnovers, but almost lets the Rams win. Nonetheless, the credit for this win has to go on the defense.

Giants: Offense moves the ball at will but can't score for the life of them in the first half. Turnover leads to a quick seven points, but the defense shuts the Giants down outside of that. Offense comes to life in the second half for some complementary football. Total team win, but again not consistent.

Houston: Defense gets destroyed but offers a little value back with five sacks and three picks, one for a TD. Offense is great the entire game except for some redzone woes. Offense gets the W.

Washington: Offense is a joke until the fourth quarter where they get us up with less than two min left. Defense was playing great outside of one drive where the Skins got a TD. They give up another TD drive in less than a minute. Total team failure.

Not a single game played consistently throughout by both sides of the ball, but you can see that the offense has been the root of our problems. Something needs to change. I like Attyla's "infuse with new talent/philosophies" idea. It's worked great for the Rams and Eagles.

SO if we repeat this pattern.. We'll go like 10-6? :0190l: LOL :sarcasm_on: :2thumbs: :mrgreen:

A-Dog

Reaction score
Here's an abbreviated list:

- slow starts

- lack of identity

- no running game

- poor pass protection

- penalties

- misusing or under-utilizing key weapons

- slow to make in-game adjustments

- poor red-zone performance

- questionable play calls in critical situations

- refusing to accept blame / throwing players under the bus

- just kind of looks like a dick

Anthony!

Reaction score
adeltaY":13amvj61 said:

so while in a way I agree with you lets look at totals here

Defense win 2
Offense win 1
Total team win 2
Defense loss
Offense Loss 1
Total team loss 2

Sout of our wins the defense gest credit for 2, the offense 1, and team 2
ON our losses Offense 1, total team 2

Seems to be your conclusion is off most of our losses were total team and given 68% of our money is spent on defense and PC wants a close game and the defense to win it in the end not sure your point is correct. That said I agree it would be nice for the offense to do more , more often, but PC and our OC have shown they are not going to le the training wheel off until they have to which means either we are down big or the 4th qtr. Then you add in our online which cant block passing or running and commit drive killing penalties nearly every game, and then add in our defense which extends drives for the other team on penalties every single game.

So in summation we have a total team problem but it starts wiht the coaches refusal to play the game plan that works and not holding player accoutnable for all the penalties

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Anthony!":3apm5rv7 said:
adeltaY":3apm5rv7 said:

so while in a way I agree with you lets look at totals here

Defense win 2
Offense win 1
Total team win 2
Defense loss
Offense Loss 1
Total team loss 2

Sout of our wins the defense gest credit for 2, the offense 1, and team 2
ON our losses Offense 1, total team 2

Seems to be your conclusion is off most of our losses were total team and given 68% of our money is spent on defense and PC wants a close game and the defense to win it in the end not sure your point is correct. That said I agree it would be nice for the offense to do more , more often, but PC and our OC have shown they are not going to le the training wheel off until they have to which means either we are down big or the 4th qtr. Then you add in our online which cant block passing or running and commit drive killing penalties nearly every game, and then add in our defense which extends drives for the other team on penalties every single game.

So in summation we have a total team problem but it starts wiht the coaches refusal to play the game plan that works and not holding player accoutnable for all the penalties

Defense should be better. Factually it should be. Now they do their job a lot but still should be best part of team due to salary cap payouts.

hangumhi

Reaction score
I have always been a Bevell hater and will never change my mind. He sucks. When is the last time you can recall seeing an effectively and timely screen called? We are alway under pressure and teams love to blitz us. Screens should be a staple of this offense