Big brain move by Metcalf during Giants game!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I feel like they've pulled off a nice handful of successful misdirection-type plays in recent games — Smith pretending the snap was going over his head, Smith going down the line with a fake audible, the shovel to Uncle Will near the goal line... Never the same thing twice, but stuff future D-coordinators will nonetheless have to at least be wary of. Great to see a creative coach and unit this much in sync.
This This This. The shovel near the goal line - I was like waaaaaaaaaaat?

I AGREE. never the same thing twice, and some creative shit going on playcalling. It's subtle - but it's there. It's not full gadget plays IMO (i suppose we could quibble on the definition of 'gadget') - but it's hanging around all the time - loved the Geno faking the snap over his head.

I have a feeling that the play that was supposed to be 'busted' that reversed - where Geno threw the block - was designed. Well, I can hope.

It's nice to see - definately better than RW3 'myway' - three spins and a sack, and a 4th quarter full of moonballs.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
What's the difference between a "gadget play," "misdirection," or some people's favorite (and fairly empty/useless) adjective "getting cute"?

It's whether the play works or not. That's it, it seems. Is it drawn up well? Does it take advantage of a defense's alignment?

We've been running more of these lately, and it's great to see. And it is working.