Big picture

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2i37lveq said:
nash72":2i37lveq said:
I dont understand all the love for Pocic. We need help on the left side and he isnt going to be playing there.

You'll love him next year when we don't give Britt a big long term extension.

If there's one thing we've learned about Pet and John when it comes to borderline good offensive lineman............they're perfectly happy letting someone else overpay them come 2nd contract.

He wouldn't love him if he were Walter Jones and Hutch combined. He'd just move on to the next thing to b and moan about. :lol:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
nash72":qez7bn0t said:
Attyla the Hawk":qez7bn0t said:
If this were any other draft, he's a late 3rd round guy.

If this was any other draft Pocic would have been a 5th or 6th round pick.

No he wouldn't be. But good try Nash Kiper

nash72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2rkktp02 said:
nash72":2rkktp02 said:
Attyla the Hawk":2rkktp02 said:

7th rounder? You seem to be the authority on the draft so tell us where he would have went.

HawkGA

Reaction score
nash72":3s4vlewd said:
Hasselbeck":3s4vlewd said:
nash72":3s4vlewd said:
Attyla the Hawk":3s4vlewd said:

7th rounder? You seem to be the authority on the draft so tell us where he would have gone.

FIFY

Grammar people, it's not that hard.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":1xiqz6jk said:
Hasselbeck":1xiqz6jk said:
nash72":1xiqz6jk said:
Attyla the Hawk":1xiqz6jk said:

7th rounder? You seem to be the authority on the draft so tell us where he would have went.

Now this is strange... it seems your post is the one that placed him somewhere authoritatively, and without qualification. "Would have been" is what your post says. This isn't the same as guessing, "may have been."

What makes Nash72 the draft expert? Qualifications, please, or admit you're just blowing smoke like every other draft pundit out there, most of whom are just filling media space until the actual experts, the teams, make their selections based on overall team philosophy, actual (rather than journalist- or fan-perceived) need, and cap-constraints calculated far into the future, not just this year.

Pocic was a 2nd round pick this year. The NFL page had him as a projected 2-3 round selection.

All other suppositions are irrelevant.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":qj2f188w said:
FIFY

Grammar people, it's not that hard.

:2thumbs:

It seems it is hard for some, though.

nash72

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1fzmv4ao said:
What makes Nash72 the draft expert? Qualifications, please, or admit you're just blowing smoke like every other draft pundit out there, most of whom are just filling media space until the actual experts, the teams, make their selections based on overall team philosophy, actual (rather than journalist- or fan-perceived) need, and cap-constraints calculated far into the future, not just this year.

Pocic was a 2nd round pick this year. The NFL page had him as a projected 2-3 round selection.

All other suppositions are irrelevant.

I'm not an expert, but I'm as qualified as Hasselbeck or any other keyboard warrior on this site. All I keep hearing is how the Olineman that got picked early would be 3rd rounders any other year in the draft. That doesn't make Pocic look good to me. I don't think he would have got taken in the 2nd if the Seahawks didn't pick him. Basically, what I'm saying is if the other Olineman were 3rd round talent in any other draft, where does that put Pocic? It surely still wouldn't be the 2nd round.

Optimus25

Reaction score
bigskydoc":301xnx9q said:
Big picture, and I know this isn't popular, the offensive line wasn't our biggest problem. Our two biggest weaknesses were the lack of a dominant power runner, and the lack of interior pressure.

With no dominant runner to worry about, opposing defenses were able to key in on stopping our passing game, and they succeeded in making Wilson look mortal, and our line look below average. We don't need a top 5 offensive line to be successful, that isn't how we are built. We need an average line. I think we had that, but we didn't have a running threat to keep defenses honest.

The lack of interior pressure made our vaunted LOB look mortal. No one can cover an NFL receiver forever, and, while we had great edge pressure from Bennet and Avril, opposing QB's could just step up into the pocket. They had all day to throw against us.

I think we addressed both of these critical problems well. The Lacy signing has me particularly excited. I'm optimistic that our line will look better than the last few years, and our defense will regain the crown.

I'd just like to tweak your post. I think it is more accurate to say O line WAS our biggest problem, maybe still is. But management weighs the overall cost to fix vs patchwork + beefing other areas and obviously goes for the latter.

Also i don't think a dominant power runner was THAT glaring of a weakness, considering our best mini stretch of the season was prosise's dominating break out games. While he did have some success between the tackles, which was wonderfully surprising, his game is all about stretching you out sideline to sideline, like our version of David Johnson to work with. If the O line gets minimal attention, I'd rather have that than a healthy Lynch anyways. Look what happened to lynch when our O line play degraded.... He was hurt consistently.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Couple things after reading many posts....reminds me of a Seinfeld episode when he was on the subway talking about the Mets. Anyway...Oline was not very good for sure, but a lot of that was due to our offense lacking anything special after Wilson went down. Our line did get better however, Seattle broke their previous playoff rushing record (Rawls) against the Loins. I think injuries particularly played a huge role but also the fact that our DL really wasn't that deep. In our SB championship year and leading up to it, I remember a report coming out asking how Bennett and Avril are going to react to not playing as much. This is telling. Our DL rotation was not deep and was not used like it was in the past. I get you want your best players on the field BUT... if those players are dog tired in the 4th quarter what good are they. There is a reason Seattle has given up so many 4th quarter leads...depth and DL rotation or lack there of. These guys need to get back to limited reps that keep the fresh. This affects the whole defense. Presser is key and without it even the best DB looks pretty average. This is the NFL and people will get open if given enough time.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":a9ltojcy said:
I'd just like to tweak your post. I think it is more accurate to say O line WAS our biggest problem, maybe still is. But management weighs the overall cost to fix vs patchwork + beefing other areas and obviously goes for the latter.

I'd tweak it differently.

If one looks at the options available (UFA and draft), it'd be easier to claim that it was more a lack of opportunity than cost. And I'd say the proof of that reality lay in how aggressively the entire league pursued very poor UFA options -- even making Okung the highest paid OL in history. Teams all around the league recognized how bad the OL talent in this draft was and raced to the line to overpay for bad OL talent on the free market.

Another proof being how few, and how late OL started coming off the boards. Very few teams are settled at the OL, and it was both the latest the first OL was taken (20th overall) and the fewest first round OL taken since 1990.