biggest roadblock to a rePete?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":twv0mcxk said:
Scottemojo":twv0mcxk said:
The Radish":twv0mcxk said:
If I recall correctly they schedule through the years have switched home and home with us and SF. I mean I think we will play at San Francisco first this year and then close with them later in the season at our house. Just the opposite of last year.

I'm sure that will be a highlight game, new stadium, division/conference rivals. If that is how its scheduled I think it would give a leg up on the division and conference for the winner. Also they will be high on their new stadium, it will be interesting.

Then with the way this division is playing we both might get beat up in our own division and neither have a shot at home field. Wouldn't that be a pisser?

I was very impressed with both these teams road records. That might be a problem this year for either or both. Last year the Niners stumbled in early mid year and it wound up costing them. Had we had our 2 game swoon earlier in the season things might have been a lot different for us. Both teams have to take care of business, beat the teams they are supposed to beat and hold serve with division games to advance.

The Niners have had a great 3 season run, we've had a great 2 season run. Will one of these teams sag?

I was sure at first that Harbaugh would burn this team out if they didn't win the big prize with his exhausting antics. But I have said before he seems to be working on keeping control much better off the field and now should be able to stay the course if he continues in that direction. I'm sure he's finding out he can win without quite as much drama. lol

Pete is Pete. I doubt he will burn out his team. I think he's young enough that he is going to stay a long while and his style has always been long term. Plus he's learning every game. He's getting to be a better game manager.

Lots of questions.

:les:
FWIW, I think Harbaugh shares a weakness common to lots of good coaches. He doesn't get enough snaps to some of the players he needs to develop because those snaps go to the players he trusts. While I think Haraugh is better than Pete at some situational and clock issues, Pete has some stones when it comes to getting inexperienced players real game time. Like giving a rookie guard his first start in a playoff game. I thought Skuta played brilliantly in relief of Willis, and thought Willis looked still limited when he got back from injury, but Skuta didn't get near as much rotation as I thought he should. On the other hand, Malcom got a ton of snaps when Wright came back from injury, and it paid off brilliantly in the SB. Just an opinion.

?

Skuta didn't replace Willis. He was part of a tandem of himself and Lemonier who played for Aldon while he was in rehab.

When Willis was hurt Wilhoite took his spot.
Yeah, I got 57 and 51 mixed up.
I do think Skuta was a better run stuffer than Aldon.
I still think some of your front 7 get too many snaps. It was a big issue in 2012 as the D kind of collapsed late in the year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2wlpxfi0 said:
Marvin49":2wlpxfi0 said:
Scottemojo":2wlpxfi0 said:
The Radish":2wlpxfi0 said:
If I recall correctly they schedule through the years have switched home and home with us and SF. I mean I think we will play at San Francisco first this year and then close with them later in the season at our house. Just the opposite of last year.

I'm sure that will be a highlight game, new stadium, division/conference rivals. If that is how its scheduled I think it would give a leg up on the division and conference for the winner. Also they will be high on their new stadium, it will be interesting.

Then with the way this division is playing we both might get beat up in our own division and neither have a shot at home field. Wouldn't that be a pisser?

I was very impressed with both these teams road records. That might be a problem this year for either or both. Last year the Niners stumbled in early mid year and it wound up costing them. Had we had our 2 game swoon earlier in the season things might have been a lot different for us. Both teams have to take care of business, beat the teams they are supposed to beat and hold serve with division games to advance.

The Niners have had a great 3 season run, we've had a great 2 season run. Will one of these teams sag?

I was sure at first that Harbaugh would burn this team out if they didn't win the big prize with his exhausting antics. But I have said before he seems to be working on keeping control much better off the field and now should be able to stay the course if he continues in that direction. I'm sure he's finding out he can win without quite as much drama. lol

Pete is Pete. I doubt he will burn out his team. I think he's young enough that he is going to stay a long while and his style has always been long term. Plus he's learning every game. He's getting to be a better game manager.

Lots of questions.

:les:
FWIW, I think Harbaugh shares a weakness common to lots of good coaches. He doesn't get enough snaps to some of the players he needs to develop because those snaps go to the players he trusts. While I think Haraugh is better than Pete at some situational and clock issues, Pete has some stones when it comes to getting inexperienced players real game time. Like giving a rookie guard his first start in a playoff game. I thought Skuta played brilliantly in relief of Willis, and thought Willis looked still limited when he got back from injury, but Skuta didn't get near as much rotation as I thought he should. On the other hand, Malcom got a ton of snaps when Wright came back from injury, and it paid off brilliantly in the SB. Just an opinion.

?

Skuta didn't replace Willis. He was part of a tandem of himself and Lemonier who played for Aldon while he was in rehab.

When Willis was hurt Wilhoite took his spot.
Yeah, I got 57 and 51 mixed up.
I do think Skuta was a better run stuffer than Aldon.
I still think some of your front 7 get too many snaps. It was a big issue in 2012 as the D kind of collapsed late in the year.

Ah. :D

No worries.

Wilhoite will probably be first in line to replace Bowman while he's out. He looked really good out there in those few games, but he's no Navorro Bowman. Nick Moody will probably get a crack at it as well. Wilhoite is a thumper while Moody is more of a speed player. We'll just have to see.

Skuta was good at stopping the run, but Aldon really seemed to improve this year in that regard. Just to illustrate...

B4752896 0D02 4EF4 94B3 CE2C4A2D6206 zpsmutx7oty

The 49ers did sub out ALOT more this year than they have in the past (then again subbing at all is an improvement)...particularly with Justin Smith. Demarcus Dobbs and Tony Jerod-Eddie saw quite a bit more playing time than I thought they would. You are correct about late in 2012, but I think they were much better and fresher in 2013. Thats how they were able to still put up a fight in Seattle after having played three straight road games beforehand.

Ozzy

Reaction score
marvin49 My point wasn't a knock on the 49'ers either, I think all 3 teams are very good. AZ has accomplished more than the Rams did before everyone crowned them as a threat though so that is a little different. Its going to be tough to win the NFC because of the scheduling this year for any team in the West too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
austinslater25":2ab0z4bk said:
marvin49 My point wasn't a knock on the 49'ers either, I think all 3 teams are very good. AZ has accomplished more than the Rams did before everyone crowned them as a threat though so that is a little different. Its going to be tough to win the NFC because of the scheduling this year for any team in the West too.

In terms of schedule, the problem NFC West teams have is that they have to play the NFC West. :D

No worries...I didn't take it as a knock. I'm just not all that impressed with Arizona. The D is really good, but I just don't see Carson Palmer as a long term answer and Fitz is just getting older.

If Arizona was in a different division, they'd probably end up with a better record. Hell, they lost 6 games last year and 4 of them were in the division.

Seattle just won the SB. I don't see any reason why they won't be in contention again next year. The 49ers actually had a rough year with injures and passing struggles, yet still went 12-4. The freakin Rams are the worst team in the division yet could have finished at .500 if they'd pulled off a miracle in the last game in Seattle.

I expect Seattle to be a bit better (most of the same cast and adding Harvin), the 49ers to be a bit better (having Crab and Aldon all year), the Cards to be about the same, and the Rams to be better (Bradford back..tho not a fan of him, and those high draft picks).

Its gonna be a bloodbath in that division next year. The nice thing tho about playing in a division like this is that it makes playing just about anyone else a piece of cake. The 49ers proved that in GB and Carolina. The Seahawks proved that vs NO and put an exclamation point on it in the Super Bowl.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bqvsc9v said:
...(having Crab and Aldon all year)...
Won't Aldon probably be in jail? Or wouldn't an organization like the 49ers, with such a high-profile "character" guy at the helm -- one of the sport's true gentlemen -- who insists that his team be always "above reproach", be all but certain to cut him during the off-season?

Marvin49

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":6cp0irul said:
Marvin49":6cp0irul said:
...(having Crab and Aldon all year)...
Won't Aldon probably be in jail? Or wouldn't an organization like the 49ers, with such a high-profile "character" guy at the helm -- one of the sport's true gentlemen -- who insists that his team be always "above reproach", be all but certain to cut him during the off-season?

Sigh. Seriously?

Some of you always get all twisted up over the "above reproach" thing and you never even understood the point Harbaugh was making. Its too easy just to get all upset about it and act all hurt.

He was ASKED about PEDs in the NFL and if he had noticed the reports from Seattle. That was it. His response was that you want to be "above reproach" because you don't want people to say "you only won because you cheated". He never even spoke about the Seahawks. Some of you took it that way because the Seahawks were in the news on the issue and that is also why the question was asked to begin with. In fact, Harbaugh has never publically had a negative word to say about the Seahawks as a team, any Seahawk as a player, or even about Pete Carroll. Quite the opposite in fact as he has heaped praise on both Baldwin and Sherman despite what they've said about him. 99% of your perceived slights are imaginary. If Carroll had something similar you would take it a completely different way.

This is the video BTW.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-mai ... e-reproach

The question was about the Seahawks, but he was speaking in general. Essentially you strive to be "above reproach". Striving for it and actually accomplishing it are two different things. It's really not complicated.

As for Aldon, lol. He's not going to be in jail. Neither would you or me if it happened to us. He was out in rehab for 5 weeks last season and its most likely he will not be suspended. Goodell said last year that the goal was for players to not repeat the behavior. It wasn't to punish them. Since Aldon took the step to go to rehap on his own, the NFL will "certainly" keep that in mind.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin, the point is that Harbaugh comes off as being quite hypocritical, considering his mum stance about Aldon. It's not really a defensible position.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2006vk3i said:
Marvin, the point is that Harbaugh comes off as being quite hypocritical, considering his mum stance about Aldon. It's not really a defensible position.

I guess if you choose to see it that way, but i don't think he was ever trying to make the case that his team or his players are perfect. He was asked about PEDs and his response was that you strive to be "above reproach". In all honesty, I think ALL teams strive for that because they don't want the "you only won because you cheated" thing going on and I include the Seahawks in that. I seem to remember some of Browners teammates being pretty pissed at him over the issue and i KNOW many of you fans are very sensitive over the topic...for the exact reason Harbaugh was talking about.

I'm not sure how that makes him a hypocritical...especially since the 49ers sent Aldon to rehab for 5 weeks during the season when the team was 1-2 and the NFL wouldn't levy any kind of suspension for AT LEAST a year. I wouldn't call that "mum". I would call that doing what was best for the player.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
49ers fans the Internet over say the whole league is corrupt for allowing a bunch of PED-popping Seadderall Cheathawks to win the Super Bowl, but Aldon's lucky not to have run anybody over with his shenanigans and it's all gravy to put him in a swank rehab facility for a month.

Yeah, good thing there are no double standards going on.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Niners are our biggest road block. The way they plow under picks to have consistently more picks in the first 100 than others is scary.

I wish Seattle could take heed at that. Get in front of the day 1/2 train. Even if those picks end up getting plowed under for future 2nd/3rd round picks plus additional same year day 3 picks. We know Seattle likes to have a lot of picks in the 5th and 6th rounds. Having additional 2nd or 3rd round picks would be a way of consistently remaining stocked with day 3 picks in perpetuity.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":w956j2nr said:
49ers fans the Internet over say the whole league is corrupt for allowing a bunch of PED-popping Seadderall Cheathawks to win the Super Bowl, but Aldon's lucky not to have run anybody over with his shenanigans and it's all gravy to put him in a swank rehab facility for a month.

Yeah, good thing there are no double standards going on.

Well...I'm not one of those fans.

It's naive to think that there aren't PEDs in every locker room to some extent. Some teams may have more than others and some might just get popped more than others. I don't see it as a reason to discredit the Seahawks. They are just freakin' good.

As for Aldon, he was already out for 5 weeks in rehab. If he'd have been suspended he'd be sitting at home...and not till next year. How is that better? Hell, the Marshawn Lynch thing STILL hasn't been resolved (and not throwing him under the bus BTW because I've liked the guy since his Cal days...just saying there is a LONG delay between the incident and the repercussions). Its not like Aldon was going to be behind bars and he got out of it somehow. He is EXTREMELY lucky not to have hurt anyone. He isn't off the hook here either. I'm sure he'll be on probation at some point here and I'm sure there will be a fine. That doesn't make it "ok", but the hope is that he learned the lesson. So far, so good.

I really don't see what one has to do with the other though. PEDs are a method of CHEATING. That is what Harbaugh was talking about. What Aldon put himself and his team through was a much bigger deal...and he has and will be paying for it. Alcahol though is not a performance enhancing drug so there really is no connection between Harbaughs comments about PEDs and Aldon Smith.

Now...when a player DOES test positive for PEDs (and I'm SURE it will happen at some point), THEN it would be pertinent. The only player I know of who was popped was Larry Grant...and he's no longer on the team. I can't say for sure though if the two are related.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Lol, Marvin...

I was just having a bit of fun. (Not "getting all twisted", sheesh. Overstate the case much?) I figured I get a "hehe, touche" type of response as opposed to a defensive wall of text desperately parsing the meaning of "above reproach". But good stuff, mate!

Here's the deal. No matter how fine you want to slice the shards of context, "above reproach" means what it means and ole Harbs said what he said because he was trying to take a little shot. It was never anything more or less than that. You know it. I know it. He knows it. Pete Carroll knows it. Dude just couldn't resist! The high road was right there, in front of him, beckoning, but Coach Douche just couldn't bring himself to take it. Getting that little dig in was just toooooo tempting!

And now, every time anyone in the organization falls short, he's left himself (and by proxy the ever-defensive fanbase) open for a riposte. Easier really to just take your lumps and move on, isn't it? Coach said something dumb and now looks like a hypocrite. Easy.

Now in terms of the jail stuff. If you believe this story (and why wouldn't you?), Aldon basically got two dudes shot because instead of trying to de-escalate a situation (or do the sane thing and call the cops when somebody shoots at your house) he needed wave his own big pistol around. I know, I know. Firing off a "warning shot" that leads to others being nearly killed isn't the kind of "above reproach" Harbs was talking about. He was talking about cheating, not shooting!

Maybe the felony firearms stuff won't stick though, who knows. Wouldn't be the first time a millionaire entertainer got the "benefit of the doubt". And as far as the league's punishments hell, you can drag a sorority girl into a reeking nightclub bathroom and rape her in the stall with your bodyguard watching the door and the NFL will happily bump your suspension down from six games to four. So who knows what they'll do? But I don't think that having Smith around all year long is a given.

Oh, on topic: biggest obstacle (other than key injuries, natch) to a re-Pete? Complacency creeping in to take the edge off and/or the breaks and variance inherent in football. The Seahawks were the best team in the league all year, by a noticeable margin. Even so, they could have easily gone 11-5, simply with a couple ball bounces going the other way. (Similarly, they could just as easily have been 15-1 with a couple extra breaks, *cough cough Gore's long run in San Fran*) Football's like that. Random. Flukey. The best team doesn't always win, which is one thing that made this whole year so agonizing and fun.

But given the choice between being the best team and hoping the best team doesn't win, I know which I'd pick. ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2s9rulzg said:
Lol, Marvin...

I was just having a bit of fun. (Not "getting all twisted", sheesh. Overstate the case much?) I figured I get a "hehe, touche" type of response as opposed to a defensive wall of text desperately parsing the meaning of "above reproach". But good stuff, mate!

Here's the deal. No matter how fine you want to slice the shards of context, "above reproach" means what it means and ole Harbs said what he said because he was trying to take a little shot. It was never anything more or less than that. You know it. I know it. He knows it. Pete Carroll knows it. Dude just couldn't resist! The high road was right there, in front of him, beckoning, but Coach Douche just couldn't bring himself to take it. Getting that little dig in was just toooooo tempting!

And now, every time anyone in the organization falls short, he's left himself (and by proxy the ever-defensive fanbase) open for a riposte. Easier really to just take your lumps and move on, isn't it? Coach said something dumb and now looks like a hypocrite. Easy.

Now in terms of the jail stuff. If you believe this story (and why wouldn't you?), Aldon basically got two dudes shot because instead of trying to de-escalate a situation (or do the sane thing and call the cops when somebody shoots at your house) he needed wave his own big pistol around. I know, I know. Firing off a "warning shot" that leads to others being nearly killed isn't the kind of "above reproach" Harbs was talking about. He was talking about cheating, not shooting!

Maybe the felony firearms stuff won't stick though, who knows. Wouldn't be the first time a millionaire entertainer got the "benefit of the doubt". And as far as the league's punishments hell, you can drag a sorority girl into a reeking nightclub bathroom and rape her in the stall with your bodyguard watching the door and the NFL will happily bump your suspension down from six games to four. So who knows what they'll do? But I don't think that having Smith around all year long is a given.

Oh, on topic: biggest obstacle (other than key injuries, natch) to a re-Pete? Complacency creeping in to take the edge off and/or the breaks and variance inherent in football. The Seahawks were the best team in the league all year, by a noticeable margin. Even so, they could have easily gone 11-5, simply with a couple ball bounces going the other way. (Similarly, they could just as easily have been 15-1 with a couple extra breaks, *cough cough Gore's long run in San Fran*) Football's like that. Random. Flukey. The best team doesn't always win, which is one thing that made this whole year so agonizing and fun.

But given the choice between being the best team and hoping the best team doesn't win, I know which I'd pick. ;)

I think you have illustrated the problem. I don't think it was a dig. The media and Seattle fans have certainly taken it as a dig, but I honestly don't think that was his intention. His point was that you don't want people to make that accusation about your team. We could argue this all day though and there is no way to confirm who's "right". Seattle fans will always take anything Harbaugh says in a negative light. It's in your DNA.

As for Aldon, we all know his decision making was poor. We can only hope that he'd learned a lesson. People seem to forget though that he was a VICTIM that night. He asked them to leave when the threatened a bartender. He was defending himself with his LEGAL pistol. He is NOT being charged in the shooting so being rich has nothing to do with him not going to jail.

The weapons that he got in trouble for we're only found when the police searched the house after the shooting. The weapons BTW were purchased LEGALLY in Arizona. The only way that he is found guilty is if it's proven that he went to Arizona with the express purpose of breaking the CA law and bringing the weapons into the state. That's kinda hard because he was there for a game.

In reality, if Aldon were NOT a celebrity we would likely have not been charged at all. In these cases where the victim is defending himself they are usuly not charged. Your assertion that he won't go to jail because he's a rich athlete is the exact opposite of the truth. The DA was under pressure so charged him. Wanna know how lightly the police see this issue...before Aldon was sued the Sherrifs dept had Aldon and other members of the team take part in a fund raiser. On a gun range. Firing guns. They didn't view it as an issue until after the lawsuit become public.

I'm not trying to say Aldon hasn't made bad choices. He has. I hope he's learned from them. My issue is how people make Aldons issues a direct opposition to Harbaughs comments. That wasn't Harbaughs point. Personally I think the 49ers did the right thing. They did something most teams wouldn't do and voluntarily lost one of their best players when they really needed him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":28fjtitv said:
RolandDeschain":28fjtitv said:
kearly":28fjtitv said:
Bowman will not be 100% next season coming off that knee injury, and that little loss of speed could be a big difference for Seattle on offense.
You're assuming he doesn't hop on the Adrian Peterson HGH Off-Season Training Regimen©.

How'd that work for RG3 and Chris Clemons? Or anyone else not named Adrian Peterson...

Seemed to work pretty darn well for Crabtree.

I think we're in a different era, and we just don't have guarantees about how players will look after these types of injuries. So, any 9ers fan that isn't worried is pretty foolish, but any Hawks fan who is automatically crossing his name off might wanna rethink that too, IMO.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As for the topic, Seattle are obvious favorites for both the division and the SB next year for obvious reasons. This will be their first year of really dealing with the cap and trying to replace pieces due to the cap, so it will be interesting to see how they respond. The trouble area I see for next year is the defensive line, as the players they have who are signed are a bit overpaid, and the players who are FAs are the ones I think they'd rather keep around.

As for the 9ers, they'll be in year two of dealing with the cap, but they're also better positioned for it. They have more picks, and I definitely agree with Marvin that Kaep will play out and get franchised (add to that Aldon getting stuck with the 5th year team option b/c he was drafted in 2011). Their big questions for next year will be in the secondary: Whitner and Rogers are as good as gone. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing (Rogers was awful and hugely overpaid, and Whitner really, really isn't that special), but they'll need competent replacements to stay even, and quite frankly, they need more than to stay even. They need to improve. Best case scenario IMO is Brown has a soft opening on the FA market and comes back, they're able to hit early and well on SS in the draft a la Eric Reid, and with at least one of the picks in the first three rounds they also bring in another corner (two of those six picks in the first three rounds need to go to the secondary, if not more in order to move up and get the guy/guys they want). Hitting on the SS is more important than Brown coming back (by far -- they'll still have Brock, Culliver, Morris and Cox), but they're both more important next year than WR, IMO.

Also, just to say it, from my perspective on the 49ers, Marvin is speaking the word of god in this thread. His evaluation of the team, what's promising, what's concerning, what is an overblown concern and what is an overblown site of something "promising" (e.g. Lattimore) is 100% spot on from my perspective.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":q7s8j70e said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":q7s8j70e said:
Lol, Marvin...

I think you have illustrated the problem. I don't think it was a dig. The media and Seattle fans have certainly taken it as a dig, but I honestly don't think that was his intention. His point was that you don't want people to make that accusation about your team. We could argue this all day though and there is no way to confirm who's "right". Seattle fans will always take anything Harbaugh says in a negative light. It's in your DNA.

As for Aldon, we all know his decision making was poor. We can only hope that he'd learned a lesson. People seem to forget though that he was a VICTIM that night. He asked them to leave when the threatened a bartender. He was defending himself with his LEGAL pistol. He is NOT being charged in the shooting so being rich has nothing to do with him not going to jail.

The weapons that he got in trouble for we're only found when the police searched the house after the shooting. The weapons BTW were purchased LEGALLY in Arizona. The only way that he is found guilty is if it's proven that he went to Arizona with the express purpose of breaking the CA law and bringing the weapons into the state. That's kinda hard because he was there for a game.

In reality, if Aldon were NOT a celebrity we would likely have not been charged at all. In these cases where the victim is defending himself they are usuly not charged. Your assertion that he won't go to jail because he's a rich athlete is the exact opposite of the truth. The DA was under pressure so charged him. Wanna know how lightly the police see this issue...before Aldon was sued the Sherrifs dept had Aldon and other members of the team take part in a fund raiser. On a gun range. Firing guns. They didn't view it as an issue until after the lawsuit become public.

I'm not trying to say Aldon hasn't made bad choices. He has. I hope he's learned from them. My issue is how people make Aldons issues a direct opposition to Harbaughs comments. That wasn't Harbaughs point. Personally I think the 49ers did the right thing. They did something most teams wouldn't do and voluntarily lost one of their best players when they really needed him.

You seem to paint that with a pretty soft coat.

This was Aldon's 2nd DUI and they found a bottle (not his) of prescription drugs in the car along with Marijuana. I see you didn't address that little tidbit.

I am curious what you think about the prescription drug bottle also. He crashed his car (in a residential neighborhood) around 7:30 AM on a school day and on a day he was suppose to be at practice in a couple hours. What kind of prescription drug do you think you would take if you had to be clean and sober ready for an NFL practice in a couple hours? Adderal (sp) comes to mind.

Would Aldon still be a victim if he had ran over a child or two on their way to school?

As for Harbs not taking a shot. Again that is ridiculous. The guy can't help himself. He was in an interview when out of nowhere he says, did you see that beats commercial? Referring of course to the commercial that attempts to paint Seattle fans as thugs and hooligans. No one mentioned it before hand and he knew the question would come up and it did immediately when a reporter asked him if that is what it is really like when arriving in Seattle. To which he said, yeah its pretty much is just like that.

Funny enough someone put up a clip on youtube of the Niners arriving at the clink like in the video and there were zero 12's there. There were 9er fans but they didn't act like the guys in the beats commercial either.

Is it above reproach to lie about apposing fan bases? Apparently not for Harbaugh.

You've been pretty respectable lately so I won't harass you to much but you are not being honest with yourself if you in any way see Aldon as a victim or believe for one second Harbaugh isn't attempting cheap shots at Seattle. You really need to look at yourself and stop trying to paint the us as delusional. I think the delusion is coming in the form of ignoring the blatantly obvious.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think all the extra attention and maintaining focus will be our biggest challange, dealing with it and still having the Hungry mentality. Second is injuries, we were healthier at the end then almost at anytime during the season, yet you still have the dings and stuff that are not on injury reports and coming back with a short break for a team is always harder. You can aggravate thos dings and they can become injuries the next year.

The NFC West is going to be a Gladitorial Arena period. Health and schemes of all the teams and game day coaching will be the difference on any given day. There are a lot of chips on shoulders for three of the 4 this coming year and they are piled real high against the Seahawks. That and every other team will breing something extra, Rams and Saints type games could become the norm for us this season.