Bless you coach Knox

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm going to speak quiet so you listen hard

Don't tell me how rough the waters are just get the boat to shore

Football players make football plays

King Dog

Reaction score
I remember Patera, but Knox was the coach when I really became a fan. Love that guy, and those are my favorite years as a fan as I was just a kid getting into the NFL.

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
pehawk":k61vjn73 said:

Dance with the one that brung ya!

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Maulbert":vdeny63j said:
It does suck to see him like that.... but It's kind of cool to see Jack Patera doing pretty well.

http://www.king5.com/story/entertai...01/10/jack-patera-cle-elum-seahawks/21471967/

Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't seen this interview. Jack was an old-school taskmaster but they all were back in those days. In a way, I believe his early successes cost the team talent but they were fun to watch. Plus with them picking folks like Andre Hines, getting higher draft choices doesn't mean they would have gotten it right.

Still cannot believe Knox passed up the chance to trade for Elway to get Warner, but that was Ground Chuck. As much as he tried to replace Krieg getting Elway may have put this franchise on a different early path.

Good to see both of these gentlemen getting around and still enjoying life.

pehawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1ph3to28 said:
Maulbert":1ph3to28 said:
It does suck to see him like that.... but It's kind of cool to see Jack Patera doing pretty well.

http://www.king5.com/story/entertai...01/10/jack-patera-cle-elum-seahawks/21471967/

Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't seen this interview. Jack was an old-school taskmaster but they all were back in those days. In a way, I believe his early successes cost the team talent but they were fun to watch. Plus with them picking folks like Andre Hines, getting higher draft choices doesn't mean they would have gotten it right.

Still cannot believe Knox passed up the chance to trade for Elway to get Warner, but that was Ground Chuck. As much as he tried to replace Krieg getting Elway may have put this franchise on a different early path.

Yeah, thinking about Elway here, man, I wouldn't have grown up being the only Seahawks fan in my school. I would've grown up with nights like this, routinely. That's just a trip to think about...Seahawks had a shot to get the baddest QB to ever walk the earth (IMO). Instead, I grew up hating him.

birdman5

Reaction score
That 84 "Air Knox" team was so special. And that defense was crazy good!

Jayburd14

Reaction score
drdiags":2yslvx8n said:
Maulbert":2yslvx8n said:

I think if Nordstrom would have dealt with Irsay we could of had Elway and Curt Warner would have been playing for the Colts.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Chuck put the backbone into the identity of the Seattle franchise.

Love what that man did for us.

Pete has made us the bullies of the NFL.

Seafan

Reaction score
I loved it when Pete Carroll was hired as head coach but nothing beat the special feeling I had when the Hawks hired Chuck Knox. I still remember his press conference. "The Seahawks are meant to win".

At the end of the pc he put on the Seahawks cap and he said, "Let's go. Let's go kick their butts!"

I love defensive minded head coaches because of the toughness they bring to their teams. Chuck Knox made the Seahawks TOUGH. Go, Chuck! Go, Seahawks! Let's go kick their butts!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":y6dytfmd said:
pehawk":y6dytfmd said:

Dance with the one that brung ya!
And "Play The Hand You're Dealt"