Blue Jays

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":3us23kgo said:
TorontoHawk":3us23kgo said:
Cyrus12":3us23kgo said:
World Series pennant will fly north of the border this year...book it!

That is right, no team has the bats we have. You should see the city today it is crazy, it is hard to be a work with the game about to start about 5 blocks away.

How'd those bats work out for ya? ;)

One game does not make the series, we will be fine.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Dodgers. Grew up in Spokane when the team there was the AAA farm club of LA (and there were no Mariners) so my like for the franchise comes from that.\

Would love to see the Jays win if only for my favorite bass player being a huge fan of the team and a season ticket holder.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
numerous bad calls by ump....an out that was reviewed and clearly an out but called safe then the rangers get the lead..and jays bats were silent...oh well mlb got what they wanted an all texas alcs.not much for ratings having the lone cdn team in there. glad i dont have to watch anymore.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cyrus12":myhsfmgk said:
numerous bad calls by ump....an out that was reviewed and clearly an out but called safe then the rangers get the lead..and jays bats were silent...oh well mlb got what they wanted an all texas alcs.not much for ratings having the lone cdn team in there. glad i dont have to watch anymore.

Yeah I'm sure MLB was really coveting that HOUSTON - TEXAS ALCS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried to warn the Jays backers that David Price could not be trusted. He put the Jays behind the 8-ball, just like he did to Tampa so many times.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2efq5f2v said:
Cyrus12":2efq5f2v said:

I tried to warn the Jays backers that David Price could not be trusted. He put the Jays behind the 8-ball, just like he did to Tampa so many times.

Price was not the reason we lost game two, we lost game two as our manager put a 42 year old pitcher in the game in extra innings. Brutal. The play at second was close put they did not have a view that showed his foot off the bag. Umpire calling balls ans strikes was just awful. We need a miracle to win the series.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":35ill959 said:
Hasselbeck":35ill959 said:
Cyrus12":35ill959 said:

Price was not the reason we lost game two, we lost game two as our manager put a 42 year old pitcher in the game in extra innings. Brutal. The play at second was close put they did not have a view that showed his foot off the bag. Umpire calling balls ans strikes was just awful. We need a miracle to win the series.

No but you went out and got Price to win games and be the ace, not lose to a pitcher that hadn't got to the 6th in 7 straight starts.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That Bautista bat flip was the best bat flip in the history of bat flips.

What a wild series. Just glad the Jays aren't going to have their season ended on a fluke play

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That's 7th inning was one of the best/craziest innings I've ever seen.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":24ub2tyh said:
That's 7th inning was one of the best/craziest innings I've ever seen.

Damn crazy game, once Bats crushed the HR the game was done. This city is on fire right now. Just a great feeling to be back in the playoffs and winning.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
wow whatta game! martin pulls a buckner...could of destroyed the team but instead texas implodes and joey bats cranks one. go jays!

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Low-class move. Watching your HR is one thing, flipping your bat is another. But this was something not even Albert Belle would have done. Boo, Birds.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Go Cubs!Their rebuild to now is what I have wanted the Mariners to copy.I don't think you can replicate a Joe Maddon however,the guy is really out of the box type but it works great.Petting zoos and clowns.Love it!

253hawk

Reaction score
Never understood how these guys can get mad and try to start a royal rumble over a little showboating while being content to just stand there after a deliberately disgusting, reckless, and unsportsmanlike slide broke a player's leg. They wouldn't last one series in the NFL if a little marquee celebration blows that much sand in their meat canoes. Cam Newton would probably die on the field.

It's kind of bizarre to have a bit of a renaissance final four -- Cubs haven't won it in 107 years while the Jays, Royals, and Dodgers all had championships in the mid 80's to early 90's. Finally, no prospect of the Yankees, Cardinals, Red Sox, or Giants winning it again for a yawn-inducing nth time. It'd be cool to see the Cubs end their drought and have the Back to the Future 2 timeline come to fruition.

Maulbert

Reaction score
253hawk":1yo21auv said:
Never understood how these guys can get mad and try to start a royal rumble over a little showboating while being content to just stand there after a deliberately disgusting, reckless, and unsportsmanlike slide broke a player's leg. They wouldn't last one series in the NFL if a little marquee celebration blows that much sand in their meat canoes. Cam Newton would probably die on the field.

It's kind of bizarre to have a bit of a renaissance final four -- Cubs haven't won it in 107 years while the Jays, Royals, and Dodgers all had championships in the mid 80's to early 90's. Finally, no prospect of the Yankees, Cardinals, Red Sox, or Giants winning it again for a yawn-inducing nth time. It'd be cool to see the Cubs end their drought and have the Back to the Future 2 timeline come to fruition.

Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we? They still have to beat the Mets tomorrow, who, by the way, haven't won it all since 1986 themselves.