Blue Jays

Exittium

Reaction score
that bat flip was like the ultimate.. F off we got this... but still doesn't top this
1209137568151834001.gif

And no that's not sped up. that's jedi master legendary shit right there..

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":uvcgtt7c said:
Low-class move. Watching your HR is one thing, flipping your bat is another. But this was something not even Albert Belle would have done. Boo, Birds.

Nothing wrong with it, when you hit a home run like that.

mistaowen

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":9b0dopak said:
Our Man in Chicago":9b0dopak said:
Low-class move. Watching your HR is one thing, flipping your bat is another. But this was something not even Albert Belle would have done. Boo, Birds.

Bat flip was terrific. Don't give up 500 foot bombs if you don't want that happening. If there was a next game he's definitely getting plunked but it's all part of it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":39iwhhuk said:

Yeah...why should baseball be fun

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":wwtnwiqv said:
Baseball is plenty fun right now.

At times... and this us shaping up to be an amazing playoff...but it could use some character...in my opinion. I know baseball purists hate stuff like that. Understandable.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2b72pkiq said:
Our Man in Chicago":2b72pkiq said:

At times... and this us shaping up to be an amazing playoff...but it could use some character...in my opinion. I know baseball purists hate stuff like that. Understandable.

Nothing wrong with having fun when you hit the game winning HR in a tough series, it would be hard to control your emotions on that one.

253hawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":jbo72ry7 said:
Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we? They still have to beat the Mets tomorrow, who, by the way, haven't won it all since 1986 themselves.

Well they're still in the running is what I meant, as are the Mets. I just forgot to throw them in for whatever reason, I know there's a game 5 still. No matter who wins, we'll have some match ups and an eventual champion that hasn't hoisted the trophy in quite some time, and that's always better than seeing the same teams with the highest payrolls pretty much bring their reservation to the playoffs every year.

Uncle Si":jbo72ry7 said:
Yeah...why should baseball be fun

Maybe they're jealous of the NFL's increasing success and are copying the business model.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":30eavvb4 said:
Our Man in Chicago":30eavvb4 said:

I just loved it because you can tell how much emotion was in that swing due to the flukey run scored in the top half of the inning.

Just a mix of pent up rage and happiness in one swing of the bat.

E2 hit a damn BOMB too. Congrats to your Jays.. thought they were dead in the water down 2-0

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":1wsibqys said:
Uncle Si":1wsibqys said:
Our Man in Chicago":1wsibqys said:

Nothing wrong with having fun when you hit the game winning HR in a tough series, it would be hard to control your emotions on that one.

I agree. I'm down with Joe Carter's reaction in 1993, for example; he'd just won the World Series. Bautista's shot, though, was a home run - clutch as it might have been - in the 7th inning of the 5th game of the NLDS. Not the same thing.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":10djb7ht said:
TorontoHawk":10djb7ht said:
Uncle Si":10djb7ht said:
Our Man in Chicago":10djb7ht said:

I agree. I'm down with Joe Carter's reaction in 1993, for example; he'd just won the World Series. Bautista's shot, though, was a home run - clutch as it might have been - in the 7th inning of the 5th game of the NLDS. Not the same thing.

Even Carter himself said in the clutch playoff it is okay to show some emotion, but not okay in the regular season.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
lot of crying over the bat flip...guess Bautista should of bowed his head and apologized...give me a break! it was the biggest hit in the guys career and likely knew he just pushed the team into the next round...Rangers, specifically the pitcher were being cry babies...

Exittium

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3tjun0i1 said:
lot of crying over the bat flip...guess Bautista should of bowed his head and apologized...give me a break! it was the biggest hit in the guys career and likely knew he just pushed the team into the next round...Rangers, specifically the pitcher were being cry babies...
That right there, dude 2nd home of of the postseason i think? And otherwise a HUGE homerun in a game where the rangers were getting a lot of breaks. Anyone would be emotional. Especially when you just just murdered the ball. Kudos to him for living in the moment. He celebrated no different as would have Sherman did in the NFCCG.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Exittium":2tysjf3r said:
Cyrus12":2tysjf3r said:
That right there, dude 2nd home of of the postseason i think? And otherwise a HUGE homerun in a game where the rangers were getting a lot of breaks. Anyone would be emotional. Especially when you just just murdered the ball. Kudos to him for living in the moment. He celebrated no different as would have Sherman did in the NFCCG.

Totally agree, there are humans with emotions not machines. It would be strange if they did not show anything in that kind of moment. He did not show up the pitcher(and who really cares if he did, you are an adult take it like a man, big babies just pissed as they blew a two game lead).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My new favorite baseball player

[youtube]sY7RnBaJ5ak[/youtube]

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cvvsnaj said:
My new favorite baseball player

[youtube]sY7RnBaJ5ak[/youtube]

Just win!

This is right up there with the Chan Ho Park diarrhea interview

[youtube]6GIEHPGj9sI[/youtube]

m0ng0

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2kpo0s8s said:
Uncle Si":2kpo0s8s said:
Our Man in Chicago":2kpo0s8s said:

I would have pegged him with the very first pitch of his next at bat.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
He would have been, but it was his last at-bat of the series.

Hell, I think Edinson Volquez should, just for baseball's sake.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
yep looks like blue birds are done...really blew it in the 7th...back off the bandwagon...

Latest posts