Bobby Wagner out indefinitely

chris98251

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2snqc924 said:
chris98251":2snqc924 said:
Read he has had this before a couple of times, somehow it didn't make news till now. The story I read it is to reduce inflammation and or swelling. it's on PFT if ya all want to look. Also Dickson is out and may need surgery as well, TE Dickson not Punter.

Reducing inflammation/swelling is kind of a weird thing to say because that usually means the body is in the middle of a pretty effective healing response to an injury. It may just be hard to describe properly in the format it is discussed.

I've seen a Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) multiple times for multiple injuries and it is like magic. I've had basic prolotherapy (injection of sugar water, lydacaine, similar substances or a combination thereof) and PRP injections; I didn't need the most significant treatment (stem cell injection). My injuries over time that were treated were an ulnar nerve displacement, a mostly torn supraspinatus tendon (rotator cuff), and a partially torn shoulder (the other one was completely torn at the same time and healed without help). All of these were injuries were some of the "top orthopedic surgeons" wanted to cut me open and had huge recovery periods afterwards. Luckily nothing was complete torn off, otherwise I would have had to go that route.

The entire point of these treatments was to get a healing response from the body where there is generally not a good one because of lower blood flow to the area. When I got that PRP in my shoulder, it was big ass needles going deep in and it immobilized me reasonably due to the swelling for up to a couple weeks. It's so significant they gave me non-OTC pain relievers, although I didn't take them because I try to avoid them unless the pain is really unbearable. My wife has also had PRP treatments near her spine for nerve damage from an exploded disc; she is basically normal after years of nagging pain and trying to dance around it and she didn't want major back surgery to deal with it.

Based on my personal experience and discussions with the D.O. in the past, they're probably using the PRP injections to treat an injury at/around a joint to get it to heal better/faster. Hopefully this means it will be significantly healed by the time he plays hard and not be a big risk for a longer term, more significant injury.

I too have had a Ulnar nerve transposition surgery, both elbows tendons reattached and my left shoulder cleaned out left wrist and right wrist worked on for cysts and tendons one reattached in the left.

PT and getting it mobile again and motion range. Never had injections, my D.O. of Osteopathy was a surgeon and said injections of steroids mask a lot and many do more damage, because of it. Body will heal unless you have a disorder, helping it heal with PT and not having a joint especially atrophy is important, lot harder to get it back once you lose it.

xray

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":153u3mao said:
xray":153u3mao said:
So Wagner is out for " awhile "...Dickson may be out for " awhile " Reed is out for 6 games...Ansah-Iupati and Fluker haven't made it through a whole season without injury down time in years . Any thing else ? I need a drink.... :irishdrinkers:

Yeah, there is something else.

It's football. Injuries happen all the time. They'll happen in practice, preseason, regular season, during the bye week, and post season. They even happen at bars where guys get hit in the head with hammers, are involved in accidents (auto, ATV :34853_doh: , and boating). Maybe even slipping on ice.

Just in case you weren't prepared for more bad news. ;)

Ed dickson---out for 4 to whenever weeks...rookie RB Homer is also dinged ....and as always..Prosise is injured ...I rest my case :0190l:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
chris98251":3opzepqs said:
bmorepunk":3opzepqs said:
chris98251":3opzepqs said:
Read he has had this before a couple of times, somehow it didn't make news till now. The story I read it is to reduce inflammation and or swelling. it's on PFT if ya all want to look. Also Dickson is out and may need surgery as well, TE Dickson not Punter.

Reducing inflammation/swelling is kind of a weird thing to say because that usually means the body is in the middle of a pretty effective healing response to an injury. It may just be hard to describe properly in the format it is discussed.

I've seen a Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) multiple times for multiple injuries and it is like magic. I've had basic prolotherapy (injection of sugar water, lydacaine, similar substances or a combination thereof) and PRP injections; I didn't need the most significant treatment (stem cell injection). My injuries over time that were treated were an ulnar nerve displacement, a mostly torn supraspinatus tendon (rotator cuff), and a partially torn shoulder (the other one was completely torn at the same time and healed without help). All of these were injuries were some of the "top orthopedic surgeons" wanted to cut me open and had huge recovery periods afterwards. Luckily nothing was complete torn off, otherwise I would have had to go that route.

The entire point of these treatments was to get a healing response from the body where there is generally not a good one because of lower blood flow to the area. When I got that PRP in my shoulder, it was big ass needles going deep in and it immobilized me reasonably due to the swelling for up to a couple weeks. It's so significant they gave me non-OTC pain relievers, although I didn't take them because I try to avoid them unless the pain is really unbearable. My wife has also had PRP treatments near her spine for nerve damage from an exploded disc; she is basically normal after years of nagging pain and trying to dance around it and she didn't want major back surgery to deal with it.

Based on my personal experience and discussions with the D.O. in the past, they're probably using the PRP injections to treat an injury at/around a joint to get it to heal better/faster. Hopefully this means it will be significantly healed by the time he plays hard and not be a big risk for a longer term, more significant injury.

I too have had a Ulnar nerve transposition surgery, both elbows tendons reattached and my left shoulder cleaned out left wrist and right wrist worked on for cysts and tendons one reattached in the left.

PT and getting it mobile again and motion range. Never had injections, my D.O. of Osteopathy was a surgeon and said injections of steroids mask a lot and many do more damage, because of it. Body will heal unless you have a disorder, helping it heal with PT and not having a joint especially atrophy is important, lot harder to get it back once you lose it.

My ulnar nerve displacement wasn't that serious; it just stuck and then burst out of the spot it was in like a slingshot with a loud snap if I was pushing heavy away from my body (bench press, even push ups caused it to go bad then it would get inflamed). I've never accepted a steroid injection anywhere because of that exact issue; it's an anti-inflammatory (opposite of what prolotherapy/PRPs are supposed to do) and it reduces the body's healing and causes weakness. There are totally legitimate uses of the, but a lot of doctors seem to want to use them to easily without considering long term consequences.

One thing that has really helped me with shoulder injuries is really focusing on pull ups and overhead presses. Overhead press gets a bad reputation, but if you're not doing it in a manner that causes an impingement there's really no better pressing exercise to build strength for shoulder stability.

chris98251

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2g22u8vq said:
chris98251":2g22u8vq said:
bmorepunk":2g22u8vq said:
chris98251":2g22u8vq said:

My ulnar nerve displacement wasn't that serious; it just stuck and then burst out of the spot it was in like a slingshot with a loud snap if I was pushing heavy away from my body (bench press, even push ups caused it to go bad then it would get inflamed). I've never accepted a steroid injection anywhere because of that exact issue; it's an anti-inflammatory (opposite of what prolotherapy/PRPs are supposed to do) and it reduces the body's healing and causes weakness. There are totally legitimate uses of the, but a lot of doctors seem to want to use them to easily without considering long term consequences.

One thing that has really helped me with shoulder injuries is really focusing on pull ups and overhead presses. Overhead press gets a bad reputation, but if you're not doing it in a manner that causes an impingement there's really no better pressing exercise to build strength for shoulder stability.

My nerve is out of the canal, and floats in my arm now, have to keep the stretches and extension there so it doesn't shorten up and do the twinge thing and have finger tips go tingling. I had worn the protective sleeve off it is the simplest way to say it.