Brad Allen

Rainger

Reaction score
Watching the replay, there is no show that shows his knee down. There is a shot that shows his ankle/shin possibly hitting the ground, but not likely.
I have gamepass. I have reviewed it 10 times in slow motion shin NEVER touches.

That doest make an excuse for the terrible D and tackling but it is stupid to say that call didn't have an influence

cymatica

Reaction score
Youre the kind of guy who takes a full shopping cart to self checkout and backs up the line :)
No I'm the guy with 10 items who grabbed a candy bar at checkout to make it 11, then watched as you searched out a manager to kindly remove me from the line.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
That "forward progress" no-fumble call confused me. It didn't look like any body part touched the ground and he fumbled the ball.

That was a game changer.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
No I'm the guy with 10 items who grabbed a candy bar at checkout to make it 11, then watched as you searched out a manager to kindly remove me from the line.

Hahaha Yikes has that happened to you?

You should shop in better stores :)

Cheers!

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
That "forward progress" no-fumble call confused me. It didn't look like any body part touched the ground and he fumbled the ball.

That was a game changer.
A ref determines that forward progress stops and then raises the whistle to his mouth to blow it down. The forward progress stoppage occurs when the ref decided it, not at the whistle. Usually it's when theres a big struggle to stay up and they're going backwards or not moving or something. In this case, he was bent backwards over the tackler and obviously not moving forward anymore. It should have been a fumble and clear recovery but they had already decided that progress was stopped before the ball came out. Forward progress is a judgment call and not reviewable. As far as the refs were concerned, the play was over before the ball came out. They blew it but it's easy to see why.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Sounds like its worthy of discussion then

You seem to be implying otherwise in some of your other posts :)
No, I don't. Not even remotely. People just like to make up what other people are saying so they can argue against it. as I said previously.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
No, I don't. Not even remotely. People just like to make up what other people are saying so they can argue against it. as I said previously.

"oh look at that, another blame the refs thread"

"Which considering how detached from reality some people here are about the refs, I guess I can't blame you."

"New here? Seahawks would be 179-0 the last ten years if whatever combo of Big NFL, Vegas, Legacy Team Coalition and whatever other shadowy groups didn't have the refs in their pocket".

Kinda sounds like you arent a huge fan of ref talk....

hugecanoli

Reaction score
A ref determines that forward progress stops and then raises the whistle to his mouth to blow it down. The forward progress stoppage occurs when the ref decided it, not at the whistle. Usually it's when theres a big struggle to stay up and they're going backwards or not moving or something. In this case, he was bent backwards over the tackler and obviously not moving forward anymore. It should have been a fumble and clear recovery but they had already decided that progress was stopped before the ball came out. Forward progress is a judgment call and not reviewable. As far as the refs were concerned, the play was over before the ball came out. They blew it but it's easy to see why.
Very solid explanation. Thanks.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
"oh look at that, another blame the refs thread"

"Which considering how detached from reality some people here are about the refs, I guess I can't blame you."

"New here? Seahawks would be 179-0 the last ten years if whatever combo of Big NFL, Vegas, Legacy Team Coalition and whatever other shadowy groups didn't have the refs in their pocket".

Kinda sounds like you arent a huge fan of ref talk....
Again, moving the goalposts so you can reply what you want. You asked if the forward progress call impacted the game. I said of course it did. You said I was implying otherwise. I said I absolutely did not. Then you somehow turned me denying that I implied that that call didn't impact the game into some overall statement about the reffing, when I in fact was directly replying to your direct question about that play. You did exactly what I said, make shit up so you think you have a point to reply with.

And no, I am not a big fan of the circle jerk persecution complex of a loud handful of non-objective posters here and out in the world. It's embarrassing and sad. Some guys on here even complain about reffing before the game even happens. Bad reffing happens but there's no bias against Seattle outside of the paranoid minds of the circle jerkers.