Brad Allen

Rainger

Reaction score
It is amazing that some believe that Referees in all sports defy all human nature and are 100% honest, uncorrupteable, only make mistakes, don't have bets on games, don't have favourite players and teams and NEVER make a call to benefit themselves their teams their favourite players

Because all officials are Saints.

But the rest of humanity is fcked up and will rig things, cheat, lie and are corruptible for money and power.

The Hawks didn't lose because of the refs, but they still had an influence

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Again, moving the goalposts so you can reply what you want. You asked if the forward progress call impacted the game. I said of course it did. You said I was implying otherwise. I said I absolutely did not. Then you somehow turned me denying that I implied that that call didn't impact the game into some overall statement about the reffing, when I in fact was directly replying to your direct question about that play. You did exactly what I said, make shit up so you think you have a point to reply with.

And no, I am not a big fan of the circle jerk persecution complex of a loud handful of non-objective posters here and out in the world. It's embarrassing and sad. Some guys on here even complain about reffing before the game even happens. Bad reffing happens but there's no bias against Seattle outside of the paranoid minds of the circle jerkers.
"It" (that which was discussion worthy) was a blown call.

When people were discussing it, you chirped in with comments like oh look! another ref thread!!

The conspiracy theory stuff is weird, agreed.

But blown calls and the rightful frustration that goes with it is perfectly fine to be discussed

We don't need crusaders to gallop in and chastise fans who blame the players for the loss, but are also frustrated that human error impacts the games negatively far too often

The Seahawks need to be better
The refs need to be better

Both are true, end of story

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It is amazing that some believe that Referees in all sports defy all human nature and are 100% honest, uncorrupteable, only make mistakes, don't have bets on games, don't have favourite players and teams and NEVER make a call to benefit themselves their teams their favourite players

Because all officials are Saints.

But the rest of humanity is fcked up and will rig things, cheat, lie and are corruptible for money and power.
That's because nobody is saying that.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I have gamepass. I have reviewed it 10 times in slow motion shin NEVER touches.

That doest make an excuse for the terrible D and tackling but it is stupid to say that call didn't have an influence
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="52BB4UD"><a href="">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's the play and it looks pretty clear his knee is down and he's still holding the ball.. IDK

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Again, moving the goalposts so you can reply what you want. You asked if the forward progress call impacted the game. I said of course it did. You said I was implying otherwise. I said I absolutely did not. Then you somehow turned me denying that I implied that that call didn't impact the game into some overall statement about the reffing, when I in fact was directly replying to your direct question about that play. You did exactly what I said, make shit up so you think you have a point to reply with.

And no, I am not a big fan of the circle jerk persecution complex of a loud handful of non-objective posters here and out in the world. It's embarrassing and sad. Some guys on here even complain about reffing before the game even happens. Bad reffing happens but there's no bias against Seattle outside of the paranoid minds of the circle jerkers.
There were a few questionable things that were called in our favor too, but you never hear people complaining about them, now do ya?

At the end of the day we lost because we didn't play good enough, end of story. I'm absolutely with you on this one.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
"It" (that which was discussion worthy) was a blown call.

When people were discussing it, you chirped in with comments like oh look! another ref thread!!

The conspiracy theory stuff is weird, agreed.

But blown calls and the rightful frustration that goes with it is perfectly fine to be discussed

We don't need crusaders to gallop in and chastise fans who blame the players for the loss, but are also frustrated that human error impacts the games negatively far too often

The Seahawks need to be better
The refs need to be better

Both are true, end of story
Just going to rush right past and not acknowledge your nonsense setup? There are easily 6 or more frequent posters who ALWAYS blame the refs without a hint of objectivity. That's what I oppose.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="52BB4UD"><a href="">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's the play and it looks pretty clear his knee is down and he's still holding the ball.. IDK

His knee is not down. You could clearly see in the slow mo replays that it didn't actually touch.

Rainger

Reaction score

Wrong angle another angle from field level not from above clearly shows the air between Leg and field

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
There were a few questionable things that were called in our favor too, but you never hear people complaining about them, now do ya?

At the end of the day we lost because we didn't play good enough, end of story. I'm absolutely with you on this one.
No, those are all make up calls and totally deserved. Didn't you know?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Just going to rush right past and not acknowledge your nonsense setup? There are easily 6 or more frequent posters who ALWAYS blame the refs without a hint of objectivity. That's what I oppose.

Blaming and complaining are two different things

Opposing blaming is fine

Most of what goes on here is complaining, which is justified at times

The refs need to be better.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

A questionable call that goes against us that ends up being inconsequential rarely gets much mention either

The two calls are being talked about here with fervor due to their impact to the game

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Blaming and complaining are two different things

Opposing blaming is fine

Most of what goes on here is complaining, which is justified at times

The refs need to be better.
You don't have to address your incorrect assumptions. I accept your tacit apology.

And you know exactly who and what I am talking about in regards to blaming.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
A questionable call that goes against us that ends up being inconsequential rarely gets much mention either

The two calls are being talked about here with fervor due to their impact to the game
Oh, please. We've had plenty of calls that went in our favor in the past that were questionable. You guys are starting to sound like conspiracy theorist. You realize that every fanbase thinks the refs are out to get them, right? This isn't a unique sentiment to the Seahawks. Even the "legacy" franchise fanbases complain about stuff.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
You don't have to address your incorrect assumptions. I accept your tacit apology.

And you know exactly who and what I am talking about in regards to blaming.

The only one making incorrect assumptions here is you

instead of grouping every ref conversation into one that fits your "crusade", slow down and read it before jumping in head first. It will help you avoid the hole digging that you did for yourself tonight:)

Have a great night!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Oh, please. We've had plenty of calls that went in our favor in the past that were questionable. You guys are starting to sound like conspiracy theorist. You realize that every fanbase thinks the refs are out to get them, right? This isn't a unique sentiment to the Seahawks. Even the "legacy" franchise fanbases complain about stuff.

I didnt say there werent. Of course we have gotten some calls.

I said that the reason these two calls are getting the attention they were is because they were so impactful to the outcome of the game

Rainger

Reaction score
Yes we have but that doesn't negate some of the agregious calls that happen in many games that influence who wins. Every team can show them so why can't hawk fans??

Why are there so many ref apologists here? NO the Hawks lost because they played like shit BUT the refs had an impact and to deny that is just plain head in sand.

It happens in every game in every sport

Last edited:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The only one making incorrect assumptions here is you

instead of grouping every ref conversation into one that fits your "crusade", slow down and read it before jumping in head first. It will help you avoid the hole digging that you did for yourself tonight:)

Have a great night!
Even if I were to have dug a hole, the only threat is that my shovel would accidentally clip your heads deep in the sand. You asked a direct question, I answered directly and you turned that into a whole manifesto I supposedly said. It's pretty silly. I can't believe the refs made you do it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Yes we have but that doesn't negate some of the agregious calls that happen in many games that influence who wins. Every team can show them so why can't hawk fans??
Because you guys wail and whine about it constantly and make it out to be a conspiracy and bias against the "small market" team. And you have no objectivity to the actual calls you don't like.