Bradford signed by Giants...

Jville

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":24eg1nay said:
HawkFan72":24eg1nay said:
Bummer. Pete completely developed Bradford from a RB to NFL-caliber LB. Now another team gets to reap the benefits.

Even though he wouldn't be more than a depth/role player here, that still sucks.

Maybe not. Interesting tidbit that Field Gulls' Danny Kelly retweeted:

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider1h
Giants were awarded running back Allen Bradford off waivers, according to a source

The Giants were looking at running backs. Bradford might be going back on offense.
That's interesting. A two way player that Coach Carroll described as a hammer.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2vtkfl65 said:
Bummer. Just got caught up in the numbers game.

:13: BINGO! I can just see Pete and John languishing over these cuts. They fully realize that in doing so....the player can come back to "bite them in the ass"!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1pbn01ev said:
pehawk":1pbn01ev said:
No, he was solid. He's good. He'll start on the Giants, I bet.

Anyone with a pulse signed by the Giants as a linebacker would start. They are desperate for help at that position. Way to step out on a limb there.

Good stuff! Especially coming from someone who seems more interested in confronting posters than discussing football.

rideaducati

Reaction score
pehawk":3pkbiakp said:
rideaducati":3pkbiakp said:
pehawk":3pkbiakp said:
No, he was solid. He's good. He'll start on the Giants, I bet.

Anyone with a pulse signed by the Giants as a linebacker would start. They are desperate for help at that position. Way to step out on a limb there.

Good stuff! Especially coming from someone who seems more interested in confronting posters than discussing football.

So sorry, did not mean to confront.

Now I'm thinking Shadowhawk is on the right track. Their RB situation in NY is even in worse shape than their LB one. Interesting.

kearly

Reaction score
We cut him to sign Evan Moore 2.0. This won't look good a few years from now.

Everything has a silver lining though. I think Pete just got a lesson in regards to valuing roster safety over talent. Pete will have egg on his face from this, and I don't even think it will take that long, but he tends to take tough lessons to heart.

Really is a shame though. People know I am not the biggest fan of Lotulelei, but I'm fine with a difference in opinion if they think they can coach him up. And they probably wanted to keep Farwell. I like Mike Morgan and Malcolm Smith, but I would have cut either of them in a heartbeat over Bradford.

kearly

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":jh709erm said:
Bradford is so overrated on here its crazy.

I disagree, but I am curious why you think this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1fdk5j7r said:
The Giants are just benefiting from the Seahawks loaner program: See Justin Forsett and Michael Bennett.

We like the dude, we want him to develop, but we know its not going to happen here on the field. Let him go, let him get some experience, and he'll be back in a few years.
LMAO, that's a GREAT way to look at it, and you probably will be right!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Always compete? Obviously, we don't see what happens in practice, but Bradford sure looked better than at least a couple of our final roster LBers in pre-season. And yes, he got reps vs. opposing 1s. I do think Lotu has upside, though. Better today? Has to be Bradford. The enduring head scratcher is the decision to keep going with the Mike Person experiment, even after acquiring a 3rd TE.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
pehawk":2p3ce7lf said:
Didn't a smart poster tell you guys the Giants may take him....?

pehawk":2p3ce7lf said:
I've always found it "odd" the Seahawks never have their PS rotation backfire on them. With Bradford, there's NO reason a team like the Giants, New Orleans, Atlanta, to name a few DONT make a play for him. He'd conceivably be an instant upgrade to their backups, and may be good enough to start on a few teams, IMO. So, what's stopping them?

Clearly you pointing this out is part of your narcissistic personality and desire for acceptance.

Seriously though, good call.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
thebanjodude":1dj345ah said:
pehawk":1dj345ah said:
Didn't a smart poster tell you guys the Giants may take him....?

pehawk":1dj345ah said:
I've always found it "odd" the Seahawks never have their PS rotation backfire on them. With Bradford, there's NO reason a team like the Giants, New Orleans, Atlanta, to name a few DONT make a play for him. He'd conceivably be an instant upgrade to their backups, and may be good enough to start on a few teams, IMO. So, what's stopping them?

Clearly you pointing this out is part of your narcissistic personality and desire for acceptance.

Seriously though, good call.

I'll never deny my shortcomings (insert height joke here). Plus, I kind of need to highlight my football contributions at this point. FWIW I've been relegated a "frat boy whose only gimmick is poop jokes" and has single-handedly ruined a forum or two. And, while true, that has nothing to do with my football contributions.

Can I mention I told everyone Manuel would be a 1st rounder and will be legit? Nah, I'll save that for desperation time.

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3bi5co7e said:
Blitzer88":3bi5co7e said:
Still hate this move. Loteleli should of been the one cut.

How do you know? Soapbox tell you?

In all seriousness, I really hope people don't hate moves just because of what I've wrote. I hope people watch for themselves and try to be self-informed.

I am pretty sure Pete likes Bradford, possibly more than Lotulelei. Bradford was activated in week one, Lotulelei was not. I just think he felt Bradford had a better chance of clearing waivers, and the gamble didn't pay off. They took a similar chance with Brooks, and got away with it in that instance.

formido

Reaction score
kearly":1ioepggr said:
Tech Worlds":1ioepggr said:
Blitzer88":1ioepggr said:
Still hate this move. Loteleli should of been the one cut.

How do you know? Soapbox tell you?

In all seriousness, I really hope people don't hate moves just because of what I've wrote. I hope people watch for themselves and try to be self-informed.

I am pretty sure Pete likes Bradford, possibly more than Lotulelei. Bradford was activated in week one, Lotulelei was not. I just think he felt Bradford had a better chance of clearing waivers, and the gamble didn't pay off. They took a similar chance with Brooks, and got away with it in that instance.

Seemed like a dumb gamble, if that's what it was. From what I'd read about Bradford and seen in the preseason, I found it incredible he wouldn't be picked up. I thought Brooks would make it past waivers. I didn't think Bradford would. Bradford has elite athleticism, the pedigree of coming out of high school highly touted, and the plays were showing up on the field. Given his limited experience, his upside is huge. Feels like another Bennett.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
This is the downside of having a team that is top 15 by fact and worse given we are top 5. It blows that we lost him. But it's not 1975 anymore.

kearly

Reaction score
formido":c6ap2yx5 said:
Seemed like a dumb gamble, if that's what it was. From what I'd read about Bradford and seen in the preseason, I found it incredible he wouldn't be picked up. I thought Brooks would make it past waivers. I didn't think Bradford would. Bradford has elite athleticism, the pedigree of coming out of high school highly touted, and the plays were showing up on the field. Given his limited experience, his upside is huge. Feels like another Bennett.

Most years I wouldn't be surprised by Brooks clearing waivers, but with all the scouts in attendance for every Seahawks game, I was confident he'd be noticed. If an average Joe like me and Brock Huard can notice him, I'm not sure why they couldn't. I am not shocked he cleared waivers, but I am a little surprised.

I agree with everything you said about Bradford, but I thought he had a chance to clear waivers if only because he has so little experience at LB. Good for the Giants for not overthinking the obvious and snatching a very good, starter caliber LB.

It's funny, I completely trust Pete in his ability to coach up LBs, but I completely distrust his ability to actually evaluate them. Bobby Wagner had the most boring tape I've ever seen at Utah State, KJ Wright looked stiff and clumsy, and yet in almost no time flat Pete transformed both those guys into vastly superior players. In all seriousness, I wonder if maybe Bradford was too polished for Pete? Pete likes fixer upper projects. Sometimes he reminds me of a woman who strongly prefers "bad boys," the moment she "fixes" them, the infatuation fades. It is counter to conventional wisdom, but the irony is that despite the experience gap, John Lotulelei is a good renovation project, and Allen Bradford is close to a finished model. Still, I think it's a pretty stupid decision when the current Allen Bradford is probably a better LB than I ever expect John Lotulelei to be. Lotulelei is Aaron Curry minus the attitude problems. A stinger missile without the guidance system. Bradford is the Kam-Chancellor-at-LB experiment we never got to see.

garydrake425

Reaction score
There has been some questionable moves made this year, I just hope they don't make us regret them later. :34853_doh:

Latest posts