BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

kidhawk

Reaction score
I am going through this thread ONE MORE TIME to clean out the f-bombs. Any further posting of that word in this thread will result in a vacation. This is NOT the shack. Do not treat it like it is.

Some of the posts will probably not read right as I remove images and what not, but I really don't care. Find a way to post without that word or masking of that word or this thread will disappear.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":132rq0ja said:
I would think if Brady or Kraft attempt to sue the league then in a legal proceeding those records, testimony and everything else would be brought forth, also Bradys Electronic correspondence could be requested either off his phone or records from his carrier.

If they don't want to open that can of worms they should just shut up and take it like the Saints had to.

Yep, if Kraft wants to appeal this to some sort of independent arbitrator, which is really the only way the suspension, fine and picks could be reduced would mean Brady would have to give up his cell records.

If not, then Goodell is the judge, jury and executioner..........and no way he reduces anything if that's the case.

vonstout

Reaction score
Popeyejones":m5t6bve0 said:
Hawkpower":m5t6bve0 said:
And they have to play with a regulation football for the first time since 2006.

They've been having to play with regulation footballs on the road this entire time.

From King yesterday:

Since the NFL allowed all teams to condition footballs the way they wanted for use in both home and road games in 2006, the idea was that quarterbacks could play with footballs in the same shape for 16 weekends, not eight. (Previously, road quarterbacks played with footballs broken in in whatever way the home team wished.) But road teams do not bring their own ballboys to games. So, if a home-team ballboy was doctoring the footballs in any way before the game, that’s not something that could happen on the road. Brady, of course, is suspected of having the balls doctored for him in the AFC title game, and it’d be naïve to think that this was the first game in which two longtime club employees messed with the footballs for Brady.

But if John Jastremski or Jim McNally have done any funny business with the balls over the past few years, the results sure don’t show it. Some telling numbers for Brady in the nine regular seasons between 2006 and 2014:

Home Games
Passer Rating 100.2
Passing Yards per Game 271.8
TD-to-Interception Differential Plus-96

Road Games
Passer Rating 99.7
Passing Yards per Game 274.3
TD-to-Interception Differential Plus-96

I'm totally fine with the punishment, but I also think the case for the material effects of the cheating have been consistently overstated.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/11/dante-fow ... eter-king/

I'm not sure what this is supposed to show. To me it means they have been doctoring the balls at home and on the road. That is what the rule change Brady lobbied for allowed. Thanks for showing that his ratings are the same at home as they are on the road. It kind of proves the point that they have been cheating at home and on the road. Look up his ratings on the road and at home prior to the rule change (pre-2006) and you will see a huge difference.

sutz

Reaction score
I find it amazing that Pats fans are coming here to whine when they won the game. :rofl:

I guess it's not enough that they won, we have to somehow like them. No one here is complaining about the actual outcome of the game. :229031_shrug:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
sutz":2u5ic41r said:
I find it amazing that Pats fans are coming here to whine when they won the game. :rofl:

I guess it's not enough that they won, we have to somehow like them. No one here is complaining about the actual outcome of the game. :229031_shrug:
It's reminiscent of Super Bowl XL, when stealer fans were so insecure of their win. Pats fans are quickly approaching that level

Tainted Super Bowls abound!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
vonstout":m4acqinx said:
I'm not sure what this is supposed to show. To me it means they have been doctoring the balls at home and on the road.

This was addressed at the bottom of the last page. (probably why it got missed :th2thumbs: )

In any case, the key piece of text:

But road teams do not bring their own ballboys to games. So, if a home-team ballboy was doctoring the footballs in any way before the game, that’s not something that could happen on the road.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":1uwf5fem said:

It's not about liking them, most fans are sick and tired of the Patriots.........so no amount of success is going to make NFL fans like the Patriots.

It's about legitimizing their wins and success, and right now everyone's taking shots at the legitimacy of the Belichick/Brady era. Taping practices, Spygate, and now Deflategate.......it's all eroding the legitimacy of this era of Patriot's football.

THAT'S what driving Patriot's fans crazy.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":192ypzpo said:
I thought each team provided the footballs for their own possessions? Surely home-away splits wouldn't matter

Also...this whole thing is stupid.

I agree,

It is also disingenuous for the media to mostly ignore the home/away issue. Especially when folks bring up the Nov. game vs. the Colts this year where supposedly the Patriots were playing with deflated balls. If they were someone should interview the Colts equipment manager and search his cell phone and interview him once, not twice, but 4 times and then complain when the Patriots say enough already when they ask to interview him a 5th time. Come one already.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":3ib3apla said:
Uncle Si":3ib3apla said:
I thought each team provided the footballs for their own possessions? Surely home-away splits wouldn't matter

Also...this whole thing is stupid.

I agree,

It is also disingenuous for the media to mostly ignore the home/away issue. Especially when folks bring up the Nov. game vs. the Colts this year where supposedly the Patriots were playing with deflated balls. If they were someone should interview the Colts equipment manager and search his cell phone and interview him once, not twice, but 4 times and then complain when the Patriots say enough already when they ask to interview him a 5th time. Come one already.

Your fixating on the deflation of footballs. It's not the primary reason the suspension was so harsh.

If the organizational employees and Brady himself would have all been more forthcoming, truthful and not been outright impeding the investigation with refusals to cooperate, then Brady's suspension would have been 1-2 games tops, and much lesser loss of picks/fine.

This was all about Goodell saying "cooperate" and "tell the truth".............neither of which happened. Thus the harsher punishment.

So stop getting into the minutia of the football deflation because it's easier to circular argue.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2peemm1f said:
vonstout":2peemm1f said:
I'm not sure what this is supposed to show. To me it means they have been doctoring the balls at home and on the road.

This was addressed at the bottom of the last page. (probably why it got missed :th2thumbs: )

But road teams do not bring their own ballboys to games. So, if a home-team ballboy was doctoring the footballs in any way before the game, that’s not something that could happen on the road.

But McNally has travelled with the team to certain road games in the past. And Jastremski does travel during road games. In fact, McNally sent Jastremski the following text at half time during a Patriots road game against the Green Bay Packers on November 30, 2014.

Vn6H3mb

As the report notes in footnote 34:
Whether McNally frequently, infrequently or never leaves the Officials Locker Room before the game officials
depart for the field is not determinative of whether there has been an opportunity to tamper with game balls
during the regular season. The game officials we interviewed—when considering the potential for tampering
with the game balls—almost uniformly expressed greater concern that a locker room attendant generally has up
to fifteen or twenty minutes alone with the game balls when the game officials are on the field for the pre-game
walk-through approximately fifty minutes before kickoff (and after the balls have been inspected). The physical
configuration of the Officials Locker Room at Gillette Stadium, with a back dressing area separated by a door
from a sitting room area, would provide complete privacy during this time period. Indeed, even the sitting area
is generally quiet at that time during the regular season, unlike the busy scene during a playoff game. Milton
Britton, the regular season k-ball coordinator for the Patriots, reported that he regularly watches ESPN in the
sitting room area while everyone else is on the field and stated that “nine out of ten times” the sitting room is
otherwise empty, apart from McNally. On the night of the AFC Championship Game, however, the Officials
Locker Room was crowded and McNally is unlikely to have had an opportunity to tamper with the balls in the
locker room without being detected.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
mikeak":m5kcqqe2 said:
Separately - Brady may have been more worried about Gisele would see in the text messages than the NFL - I would never trust them to keep something. I would have allowed for them to view them in that setting but not leave the room

Well he is a cheater so....

pmedic920

Reaction score
It will never happen but if Brady wants to prove he didn't cheat and hasn't been cheating for years.
Volunteer to take a polygraph.
If I was in his position and was INNOCENT, I would be screaming "give me one", HELL, I'd be screaming "give me as many as you want".
You can argue the validity of polygraph tests all you want but him taking and passing a couple of them, would go a long ways towards the public's perception of what did and didn't happen.
It's his legacy to protect. He can either go down in history as one of the best ever or as one of the biggest flops ever.
His actions from this point forward will cement how football fans, all over the world, view him.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
hawknation2015":24zow99f said:
Popeyejones":24zow99f said:
vonstout":24zow99f said:

But McNally has travelled with the team to certain road games in the past. And Jastremski does travel during road games. In fact, McNally sent Jastremski the following text at half time during a Patriots road game against the Green Bay Packers on November 30, 2014.

Vn6H3mb

As the report notes in footnote 34:
Whether McNally frequently, infrequently or never leaves the Officials Locker Room before the game officials
depart for the field is not determinative of whether there has been an opportunity to tamper with game balls
during the regular season. The game officials we interviewed—when considering the potential for tampering
with the game balls—almost uniformly expressed greater concern that a locker room attendant generally has up
to fifteen or twenty minutes alone with the game balls when the game officials are on the field for the pre-game
walk-through approximately fifty minutes before kickoff (and after the balls have been inspected). The physical
configuration of the Officials Locker Room at Gillette Stadium, with a back dressing area separated by a door
from a sitting room area, would provide complete privacy during this time period. Indeed, even the sitting area
is generally quiet at that time during the regular season, unlike the busy scene during a playoff game. Milton
Britton, the regular season k-ball coordinator for the Patriots, reported that he regularly watches ESPN in the
sitting room area while everyone else is on the field and stated that “nine out of ten times” the sitting room is
otherwise empty, apart from McNally. On the night of the AFC Championship Game, however, the Officials
Locker Room was crowded and McNally is unlikely to have had an opportunity to tamper with the balls in the
locker room without being detected.

Interesting. I guess this is why one does their homework before writing (or going out of your way to agree with) a silly column.

Imagine that; someone so utterly dependant on a certain style of game-ball preparation that he takes steps to make sure it happens on the road as well as at home. Weird. :roll:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Imagine how many Cheetos will be left at the base of his bust, if he ever makes the HOF.

I know I'll leave a few if I ever see it.
31c808b329ada6c83d2babf55f441890.jpg

:{)

pmedic920

Reaction score
ATTENTION .net

If you value your ability to post on our beloved forum, DO NOT post, quote or copy the "F" word in ANY shape, fashion or foreign language.
I have heard from my sources that the next person that does it, will get a vacation. If you happen to be one that has been warned in the past, you are risking that your vacation will be permanent.

Proof read before hitting submit, you will be held accountable for what is in your post, regardless of origin of the infraction.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Carry on :{)

ringless

Reaction score
A question I have on ideal gas law and the tests done. We know the Pats balls deflated more than the Colts balls. But if I get in my car in the morning during cold weather occasionally the low tire pressure light will come on since he had an entire night for the PSI of the tire to drop. However when I start driving it heats up the air inside the tire. They tests where done with the ball being static.

However, these were being used. Friction being created against the pigskin, as well as several rotations in correlation with the velocity it traveled thus bouncing the air particles rapidly inside the ball and creating heat through friction. Wouldn't that have some small effect. Meaning that the PSI would have been higher had they simulated some conditions of friction on the balls?

Exittium

Reaction score
ringless":2vew0ear said:
A question I have on ideal gas law and the tests done. We know the Pats balls deflated more than the Colts balls. But if I get in my car in the morning during cold weather occasionally the low tire pressure light will come on since he had an entire night for the PSI of the tire to drop. However when I start driving it heats up the air inside the tire. They tests where done with the ball being static.

However, these were being used. Friction being created against the pigskin, as well as several rotations in correlation with the velocity it traveled thus bouncing the air particles rapidly inside the ball and creating heat through friction. Wouldn't that have some small effect. Meaning that the PSI would have been higher had they simulated some conditions of friction on the balls?
I wouldn't think the amount of friction would be enough to make that much of a difference or impact.

Just saw this pop up, that the investigator says there was direct evidence. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/direct-...out-deflated-footballs-nfl-investigator-says/

seedhawk

Reaction score
What is actually the most crazy about this entire fiasco is, the League, after being lobbied by several Qb Stars, allowed each and every team to prep their own balls, and the only check maintained is a pre game locker room pressure test.

So, by helping players use balls prepped to their specific requirements, all being different, depending on certain specific players, we now wind up with this kind of mess.

Why not just treat NFL game balls like MLB does their baseballs. Even if you have to hire an extra guy or two to do the work, make them part of the game day official team, have them prep all the balls for both teams, never let them out of their sight or control, and do away entirely with team sponsored ball boys?

To hell with a pressure range! Inflate every ball to the same pressure, and go play. Qb's throw it, Rb's carry it, punters punt it, and kickers do their thing. All with the same batch of balls. Might be very interesting to see if stats change for better or worse, up or down, when the ball equation becomes insignificant.

Good Lord knows the NFL can afford the expense!

Latest posts