Brandon Browner

docj78

Reaction score
Browner is an enforcer. And I for one am going to miss watching him brutalize enemy WR's.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
drrew":3e1p2gix said:
If/when he loses a step, it won't be pretty because he only has marginal speed for the position, but until that happens, New England will be very happy with him.
You know you're talking about the guy who ran down Adrian Peterson, right?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You got a good player( Patriots) He was a fan favorite and will be missed besides the weed part..

Jville

Reaction score
..... count Carroll among those intrigued as to Patriots coach Bill Belichick’s defensive plans with Browner (6-4, 221) and Darrelle Revis (5-11, 198).

“It’s going to be really fun to watch those guys play together. I’m anxious to see how they use them, how they do it,” Carroll said. “Bill’s a great football coach, and he’ll figure out how to use those guys. Look forward to watching it.”

More here >>>> [urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4760761/pete-carroll-talks-brandon-browner?ex_cid=espnapi_public[/urltargetblank]

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I will not miss the holding and pass interference calls against Bowner. He has a nack for making up for his deficiencies by making big plays. On another defense this won't be the case.

He won't sniff the level of success he had here with the Patriots.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I hope that Browner tears the AFC a new rectum as a Patriot. I am jacked that he went to an AFC team with a legitimate shot of winning frequently.

I expect him to take the Revis side of the Sherman/Revis conversation simply because he will be his teammate now, but we all know Sherm is the one.

Atradees

Reaction score
Definitely loved watching him as a Seahawk. He will always be loved among the faithful. He is a bad man. Long as heck, he can cause turnovers...

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I wish we kept him but he knew that he would have been 4th or poss 5th on our depth chart. I'm happy he found a starting gig. Unless the first 4 games when he's suspended the corner taking his spot plays lights out then he wont be starting.

Wartooth

Reaction score
4 game suspension to start the season, ain't nobody got time for that!
NE over paid him, he'll be alright, but he won't be the monster he was in Seattle.
Seattle's defense is a collective of very talented under dogs, save for a few studs.
They dominate because they play team ball, everybody on the same page.
I don't see that in New England.
He'll defiantly help your team out, and you will probably beat the Bronco's.
Only to then take a beat down from the Hawks in next years Superb Owl!

uncle fester

Reaction score
I loved watching him beat the crap out of receivers. Over and over again, the cameras would pick out the shocked looks on their faces as they picked themselves off the field. It was hilarious.

Main highlight for me was 'the Wes Welker incident'.

:D

SirTed

Reaction score
I'm always shocked at how many people had a hard time with Browner.

Easily one of my favorite Seahawks of all time.

How quickly we forget the days of Trufant and Jennings.

The DPI stuff did happen, but it was minimal. More frequently it was defensive holding, illegal contact, etc. These are the calls that "pay the cost" for our guys to play physical all day. You have to just take these penalties.

I'll never forget the Hawks match up with the Steelers in Pittsburgh (after the SB). I swear to god, Ike Taylor was just beating the crap out of our WR all day, and left me red faced screaming at the TV for penalties. I think we maybe got 2. They had little effect on the outcome.

Not every CB can be Richard Sherman. There's a reason the guy is the best.

I like what someone else said. Browner - the original member of the LOB.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Landing in NE in that circumstance was perfect for him. My guess if if some team had signed him to be the number 1 guy he would have struggled. But as a #2 corner with Revis on the other side, I think he will be as effective as he was in Seattle.

JMR

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ye9g3k2f said:
You're sounding like those Patriot fans that don't know better. Maxwell outplayed Thurmond. Thurmond outplayed Browner.
Maxwell played great, most of the time better than Browner or at least as good. But Thurmond didn't outplay BB. Let's at least keep it real.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm fascinated to see how Browner and Thurmond perform out there.

It's often mentioned, but not usually the main headline, that Pete and his staff have a unique way of coaching DB play, along with some unorthodox usage, philosophy, etc. It'll be cool to see how former L.O.B. guys take that with them and how their respective coaches use them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He may not be as good there because he doesn't have the safety talent to back him up that he had here. Not saying he's going to suck, and I think he'll help out NE quite a bit, just his flaws will be more exposed.