Brandon Marshall traded to Jets

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am actually a little dissappointed we are not getting Marshall. I love post up receivers for the fact that they age so slowly compared to speed guys. Guys like Boldin and Marshall just keep making plays into their md 30s.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Me disappointed too. They gave up a 5th and assumed his contract? Seems pretty damn good to me. What's it going to take to get a #1 stud go to guy in here for RW? so elusive for this front office.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Shane Falco":2s7iqxyt said:
Me disappointed too. They gave up a 5th and assumed his contract? Seems pretty damn good to me. What's it going to take to get a #1 stud go to guy in here for RW? so elusive for this front office.
Realistically? Probably by doing what we did with Wilson and getting somebody that had no business dropping in the draft and striking gold.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3veek4hm said:
I am actually a little dissappointed we are not getting Marshall. I love post up receivers for the fact that they age so slowly compared to speed guys. Guys like Boldin and Marshall just keep making plays into their md 30s.

Agreed. Plus, Wilson will throw it up to a bigger guy if he has confidence in him. I honestly don't know how you wouldn't have confidence in Marshall.

Plus they only gave up a 5th for him. Hell, I'd have been happy with a 4th rounder to the Bears and reworking his contract. Bleh.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Shane Falco":um9wep5o said:

Actually I'm hearing the contract was adjusted to give him an opportunity to make even more than the original $15.8 million he's scheduled to make over the next 2 years.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Marshall isn't a headcase anymore, come on guys...

hawksurething

Reaction score
How did the freaking jets land Marshall & not the hawks ???

Ohh well we still have a chance to get Andre or Vjackson.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jets still lack a QB...have they made move to rectify that yet? No they haven't. They can have all the receivers in the world but without a decent guy to throw the ball to them, it's useless.

hawksurething

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2un77zdg said:
Jets still lack a QB...have they made move to rectify that yet? No they haven't. They can have all the receivers in the world but without a decent guy to throw the ball to them, it's useless.

The truth is...Geno is a good QB that just needed a legit #1 WR. I'm always right about these things, so just watch. Barring injury if I'm wrong then come back and talk trash to me so bad. Lol I will take it if I'm wrong.

But I won't let the media fool you. I'm in your corner.

Geno had a perfect QB game last game of the season vs a good defense with just #2 WRs. 158.3. :)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They can't keep Harvin unless he slashes his salary and converts to part-time RB/KR.

They have Marshall/Decker/Kerley. That's already more weaponry than their current QB can handle. Kerley is a perfectly good WR3 and was just extended this past season. As much as I'd love a 4th, their GM would be an idiot to keep all four receivers at those price tags.

cdallan

Reaction score
hawksurething":r6iwhv1h said:
hawkfan68":r6iwhv1h said:

The truth is...Geno is a good QB that just needed a legit #1 WR. I'm always right about these things, so just watch. Barring injury if I'm wrong then come back and talk trash to me so bad. Lol I will take it if I'm wrong.

Geno had a perfect QB game last game of the season vs a good defense with just #2 WRs. 158.3. :)

If you're always right about these these things, why haven't you somehow used this god-given talent to bet (e.g. prop bets on receiving yards) and made millions and bought this board from Rickshaw and made it so all of your posts are tagged and Pehawk is the only mod so he can quell any dissent? That would be wow.

hawksurething

Reaction score
cdallan":3iprpo0w said:
hawksurething":3iprpo0w said:
hawkfan68":3iprpo0w said:

If you're always right about these these things, why haven't you somehow used this god-given talent to bet (e.g. prop bets on receiving yards) and made millions and bought this board from Rickshaw and made it so all of your posts are tagged and Pehawk is the only mod so he can quell any dissent? That would be wow.

I don't gamble that's why. I like surest things in life... Good loyal women,good organic food,good connection with the Creator of the universe.

Gamble = win some,loss some. Screw missing,I like to win.

nash72

Reaction score
The Jets,,,,where receivers go to be forgotten.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
nash72":1qg8inll said:
The Jets,,,,where receivers go to be forgotten.

Could say the same for the Seahawks. He'll probably have better numbers in New York than he would have here.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Marshall is one of the few athletes that has "come out" as having Borderline Personality Disorder.
I think this scared Pete and John off after the Percy Harvin experience.
I've expressed the opinion that Harvin checks all the boxes for Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), plus a side helping of Antisocial Personality Disorder, aka sociopath. I would bet money that the Seahawks had him evaluated and diagnosed, except that it's an unknowable proposition, short of Harvin himself "coming out". A team would never publicly "out" a player for this type of condition.

It's unfortunate that Seattle didn't pursue Marshall, because I believe he is a different type of BPD with lesser sociopathic behaviors in his past. I think he would have been a great fit in Seattle. I don't blame Pete and John for perhaps being gun-shy with BPD issues after the Harvin fiasco. Possibly Seattle not pursuing Marshall HARD had as much or more to do with Marshall's salary cap fit.

All things considered, pursuing a guy like Andre Johnson probably makes more sense for Seattle. No locker room issues, a great mentor for younger receivers, and probably a cap number of half or less of Marshall, plus *driven* to win a title at this point in his career. And probably very effective for Seattle, becoming our #1 guy, assuming there's still a bit left in the tank. Keeping my fingers crossed for an Andre Johnson acquisition by Seattle.