BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawknation2014":27rjxva6 said:
kearly":27rjxva6 said:
hawknation2014":27rjxva6 said:
For those wringing their hands for Tate, I'm not saying the rumors about him and Wilson's wife are true, but the FO acted in such a way that made me think they believed the rumors. They lowballed his ass and did not make a counter offer when given the chance, even though they knew full well how valuable he was to our team.

The players believed it. I'm not saying the rumor is true, it's entirely possible it isn't. But if it was an active rumor in the locker room (which it was), that alone would be enough to explain the disinterest from Seattle's FO.

The players believed it? Uhhhh, what player believed this ridiculous and insulting rumor about Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, and Wilson's soon-to-be-ex-wife? Everyone in the know who has been willing to comment on it has shot it down as the ridiculous rumor it is. For people to continue to propagate it is simply disrespectful to everyone involved.

I believe the reason the rumours even exist is because of hearsay of a bartender or waiter overhearing the Offensive Linemen talking about.

Believe what you want but It kind of make sense:

The last 5-7 games or so, save for the SB... Wilson did seem different.... call it distracted.

The last 8 games or so including the Superbowl, save for the Rams game at the end of the Season, Tate seemed phased out of the offense as a the focal WR.

Seems like the rumour at least has a little bit of substance.

And it could explain the mild interest and low ball offer of Tate in Free Agency despite taking big leaps as a WR in '12 and '13.

Rat

Reaction score
ShermanIsland":31qt9cco said:
Lol, Schneider is not the problem. It's Bevell. He knew Harvin before coming here and still pushed for us to go out and trade for him.
Harvin was crazy good when healthy in Minnesota. Hard to blame Bevell for wanting someone who had made him look good.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":344gfzg2 said:
hawknation2014":344gfzg2 said:
The players believed it? Uhhhh, what player believed this ridiculous and insulting rumor about Russell Wilson, Golden Tate, and Wilson's soon-to-be-ex-wife? Everyone in the know who has been willing to comment on it has shot it down as the ridiculous rumor it is. For people to continue to propagate it is simply disrespectful to everyone involved.

PM Hans Gruber, who heard it personally from a player himself. There were a few other sources that reported this as well.

Yeah, it's true. It just is, I heard from 3 different sources. Didn't know it was even in doubt, fascinating.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3kmxm0jo said:
Oh geez.

Look up Golden Tate's GF's instagram. They have been dating for years, and she is a close friend of Ashton's.

She has a picture with Ashton literally on 9/14/2014.

:34853_doh:

http://instagram.com/elisepollard

Tumblr ljb4bu9iSB1qixleeo1 500

I get it, but at the same time, it's kind of hard to believe, but at the same time, I get it.

Jville

Reaction score
This trade isn't complete until it is announced that Harvin passed the Jets physical.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":1jf00fri said:
Sarlacc83":1jf00fri said:
Time for a class in critical thinking:

If Harvin was not integrating properly into the offense

AND

Harvin is causing locker room problems.

Then the next step is not to whine about Bevell hurting him with a dumbed down offense you idiots.

Especially when it's more probable Harvin wanted to do only a certain set of plays rather than what the O.C. needed. Again, logic.

What if I had reasons going all the way back to his Minnesota days? And why bring this noise to an unrelated thread? You sound bitter, it's just a message board. For real, relax.
Well, he is a HUGE Bevell fan, DB walks on water in his world.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3twp7c5j said:
kearly":3twp7c5j said:
hawknation2014":3twp7c5j said:
For those wringing their hands for Tate, I'm not saying the rumors about him and Wilson's wife are true, but the FO acted in such a way that made me think they believed the rumors. They lowballed his ass and did not make a counter offer when given the chance, even though they knew full well how valuable he was to our team.

The players believed it. I'm not saying the rumor is true, it's entirely possible it isn't. But if it was an active rumor in the locker room (which it was), that alone would be enough to explain the disinterest from Seattle's FO.

Where's there is smoke there's fire. Lots of people have reported anecdotal evidence from people they have heard from who are "in the know". I didn't want to consider it either but the evidence has piled up.

Here's my anecdotal evidence: my coworkers dad is part of the equipment staff for the Hawks, he's just a dude in the Hawk organization, nobody important in other words. He said that the rumor is 100% true, that the team became aware of it before the playoffs and that it fractured the entire locker room. He also said it was the only reason the team didn't resign Tate. Before this news Tate was a guy the Hawks were very high on after developing him for 4 years.

Most importantly he said that the entire organization from the head coach to the secretary is aware of what happened and there is a team wide gag order because of the respect they have for Russell.

The clincher for me was realizing the reality of RW announcing his divorce thru the team. There was no reason for him to do so. It did however prevent the news media from discussing even one iota of it or the Seahawks would yank their press credentials as they have threatened.

I know it hasn't been confirmed by any of the parties involved but additionally none of the parties have been outright asked by the media if the rumor is true and none of the parties involved, RW, Tate or Ashton, have DENIED it to be false either.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2mr5vcjk said:
Oh geez.

Look up Golden Tate's GF's instagram. They have been dating for years, and she is a close friend of Ashton's.

She has a picture with Ashton literally on 9/14/2014.

:34853_doh:

http://instagram.com/elisepollard

I'm not trying to lend credence to the rumor, but I think this observation isn't really worth much. It's up to Tate's GF to believe what she wants to believe.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seahawk 17":2a9e1q95 said:
Other than wasting a 1st round draft pick, no big loss. The team was so much better with out him last season.

* I did post in the very beginning this was a Branch 2.0 situation.
You're also completely wrong about it being a Branch situation. The only correlation is trading a first-round pick, otherwise the players are nothing alike.

Ring your own cowbell when you're actually right.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Fine, anyone is entitled to believe what they want.

All I know is Golden and Russell have both denied it. Doug denied it. Ashton's GF denied it. It's never been reported by a single legitimized news source. If we want to believe .NET posters have better info than all of them, OK. Not questioning anyone's credibility, but you guys are relaying hearsay from other people's hearsay.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3db5fc0k said:
A few of us predicted this day would come when the Seahawks overpaid for this problem-child. We spoke of the injuries and attitude concerns only to be shouted down by you *true Seahawks fans*. Whatever...

The larger concern at the moment is John Schneider. He deserves a ton of credit for building a championship team and he is certainly in the top 5 GMs in the NFL, but he is not a great talent evaluator. He is like a volume shooter in the NBA: he scores a lot, will nail the timely three here and there, but his shooting percentage is shaky. With each passing draft class and trade I get more worried. Free agency has really saved his bacon, not to mention the incredible player development accomplished by the coaching staff. I like JS but he needs to kill the draft next year or we are going to be regressing to the mean.

Thank God we have Carroll.

He deserves a ton of credit for building a championship team?

I would say he and Pete deserve ALL of the credit for building a championship team. And I would continue to say, that this is an INCREDIBLY difficult job already, and even more difficult is maintaining dominance in a sport where EVERYONE regresses to the mean (minus the Patriots) after a Super Bowl.

Given that we haven't had nearly the collapse that the Ravens had last season after their SB, that we're still in the hunt, and still at the least one of the 4-5 best teams in the league even with all our problems, I wouldn't be too worried. We will be in the hunt year after year while we have this coaching staff and FO in place. Coaching and GM synergy is so hard to come by, to have Pete and JS be as good at their jobs as they are, and to have the kind of synergy that they seem to have is incredibly rare. You're worried about nothing. We have the best front office in the business. They take calculated risks to move the organization forward. Percy was a risk, but one worth taking.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1bepsfy8 said:

All I know is Golden and Russell have both denied it. Doug denied it. Ashton's GF denied it. It's never been reported by a single legitimized news source. If we want to believe .NET posters have better info than all of them, OK. Not questioning anyone's credibility, but you guys are relaying hearsay from other people's hearsay.

Send me a link to those quotes because I think you made that up. Because NO ONE in the media has straight up asked Russell, "Did Golden Tate sleep with your ex-wife".

None of the 3 you named, RW, GT, ADB, have been asked the question and why would Ashton's gf be a credible source?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":pi70kh7j said:
hawknation2014":pi70kh7j said:
kearly":pi70kh7j said:
hawknation2014":pi70kh7j said:

I believe the reason the rumours even exist is because of hearsay of a bartender or waiter overhearing the Offensive Linemen talking about.

Believe what you want but It kind of make sense:

The last 5-7 games or so, save for the SB... Wilson did seem different.... call it distracted.

The last 8 games or so including the Superbowl, save for the Rams game at the end of the Season, Tate seemed phased out of the offense as a the focal WR.

Seems like the rumour at least has a little bit of substance.

And it could explain the mild interest and low ball offer of Tate in Free Agency despite taking big leaps as a WR in '12 and '13.

This explains why the rumor was fabricated and why stupid people continue to believe that it is true. It lends no credence to the validity of the rumor itself.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":2k72mll8 said:
DavidSeven":2k72mll8 said:

Send me a link to those quotes because I think you made that up. Because NO ONE in the media has straight up asked Russell, "Did Golden Tate sleep with your ex-wife".

None of the 3 you named, RW, GT, ADB, have been asked the question and why would Ashton's gf be a credible source?

GT denied it for sure, link here:

http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/30/ ... ons-wife/'

I remember Baldwin talking about it too, don't think Ashton or RW said anything though.

If Tate really did it, it's almost disrespectful to have that type of stance. Personally, if it was true and it was my situation, I would just brush it off.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":g37t34y9 said:
DavidSeven":g37t34y9 said:

He tweeted out to leave Golden alone almost immediately after Golden was shooting down these rumors on Twitter. ADB bashed several of his followers for spreading this rumor in typical ADB fashion.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/464176960969924608[/tweet]

Status
Not open for further replies.