Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3j4850q9 said:
dontbelikethat":3j4850q9 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3j4850q9 said:
:34853_doh:

No, he is a really good WR. He just is injured too much. Regardless of your opinion on him or this trade, he is a big reason you got a Lombardi trophy last winter.

Injured too much like you said and only played 3 games including playoffs last season, but yeah, he was a big reason the Superbowl trophy is in Seattle. :lol:

I think you are being sarcastic, but what I saw in the game was Denver didn't know how to defend you PRECISELY because of the threat Harvin gave. Every Seahawk game I saw teams stacked the middle of box against Seattle but in the Super Bowl Denver seemed spread out. Over and over the middle of the defense was vacant. Harvin was a big reason for that.

And in the return game he was huge for momentum.

Yeah, and he only did that for 3 games and in two of them he was marginal help,not game breaking, especially against the Saints where he got hurt early. And in the Superbowl, the defense accounted for like what? The first 20 points and shutting out DEN's offense until the game was a blow out? The game was on the shoulders of the DEF, but did Harvin and the offense help? Sure, but cmon now, it was obvious that it was the DEF that was the major reason. And this is only ONE GAME. I would like to hear you talk about the other 18 games where he was a major reason that Seattle got to and won the Superbowl.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
DJrmb":27tpg2m0 said:
No, he is a really good WR. He just is injured too much. Regardless of your opinion on him or this trade, he is a big reason you got a Lombardi trophy last winter.

This has got to go down as one of the most ignorant statements in the history of this forum!

Really? Harvin is a big reason we won the Lombardi trophy last year? Really????? Do you know ANYTHING ABOUT LAST YEAR???????????????????

Lord, please forgive them, for they know not how stupid they sound...

Did I see Harvin was a big reason you GOT THERE? Nope. No I didn't. But he WAS a big factor in the game.

#reading comprehension

dontbelikethat":27tpg2m0 said:
5_Golden_Rings":27tpg2m0 said:
dontbelikethat":27tpg2m0 said:
5_Golden_Rings":27tpg2m0 said:
:34853_doh:

Injured too much like you said and only played 3 games including playoffs last season, but yeah, he was a big reason the Superbowl trophy is in Seattle. :lol:

I think you are being sarcastic, but what I saw in the game was Denver didn't know how to defend you PRECISELY because of the threat Harvin gave. Every Seahawk game I saw teams stacked the middle of box against Seattle but in the Super Bowl Denver seemed spread out. Over and over the middle of the defense was vacant. Harvin was a big reason for that.

And in the return game he was huge for momentum.

Yeah, and he only did that for 3 games and in two of them he was marginal help,not game breaking, especially against the Saints where he got hurt early. And in the Superbowl, the defense accounted for like what? The first 20 points and shutting out DEN's offense until the game was a blow out? The game was on the shoulders of the DEF, but did Harvin and the offense help? Sure, but cmon now, it was obvious that it was the DEF that was the major reason. And this is only ONE GAME. I would like to hear you talk about the other 18 games where he was a major reason that Seattle got to and won the Superbowl.

I do believe I said that ONE game. He was a big factor. If not for Harvin, Seattle probably doesn't score on their first drive and Denver gets the ball back with good field position. At this point, maybe Manning doesn't get so intimidated? Because if your defense was 43-8 good then why was the rematch so close?

Fact is Manning choked because he couldn't handle the pressure of the early deficit. Harvin added points because he added yards on those first three drives by making the defense spread out. Maybe you didn't watch the game but it was pretty obvious for me watching it.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":31donppq said:
I'd have a lot more faith in all the bad rumors about Percy if anybody had reported on them before today.

Not saying they're all bogus, but it's pretty easy to come out and sling mud after the turds have hit the fan.
I guess you missed all the things he did at Florida and Minnesota.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":fy2gxw50 said:
DJrmb":fy2gxw50 said:

This has got to go down as one of the most ignorant statements in the history of this forum!

Really? Harvin is a big reason we won the Lombardi trophy last year? Really????? Do you know ANYTHING ABOUT LAST YEAR???????????????????

Did I see Harvin was a big reason you GOT THERE? Nope. No I didn't. But he WAS a big factor in the game.

#reading comprehension

Cool, he was a factor in one game and not much in the other 18 that also mattered to get to that one game. Just shows what this team is capable of without him, that's alright with me.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":d8zdmyo1 said:
5_Golden_Rings":d8zdmyo1 said:
DJrmb":d8zdmyo1 said:

#reading comprehension

Cool, he was a factor in one game and not much in the other 18 that also mattered to get to that one game. Just shows what we can do with out him.

Yes the Seahawks are a really good team. But if Harvin could behave himself he would have been a pretty good help. I don't know why so many of you can't see it but as long as Bevel didn't abandon Lynch, having Harvin in there helped him tremendously. Look at the game winner against Denver, for example. Their defense is forced to cover the edge, making the middle much easier for him to churn through.

Nevertheless, he was a ONE SEASON deal anyway. Wilson's contract would have forced them to trade him anyway. This way they at least get something in return of value.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
.NET Eeyore is more sad then normal..........man I don't feel good about where things are headed this season.

DJrmb

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":qdmrmxtz said:
DJrmb":qdmrmxtz said:

#reading comprehension

No he was not a big factor in the game...

The DEFENSE WON THAT GAME!!!

Harvin had some big plays in the game but that game would have been a blow out even without his 3 plays for 50 yards and 1 KO return for a TD.

To even infer that we wouldn't have won that game without Percy Harvin on the field is the dumbest thing I've heard in a LOOOOOOOOONG ASS TIME! :lol:

#Common Sense
#Football IQ
#Ignorance is unacceptable

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":375chpno said:
dontbelikethat":375chpno said:
Cool, he was a factor in one game and not much in the other 18 that also mattered to get to that one game. Just shows what we can do with out him.

Yes the Seahawks are a really good team. But if Harvin could behave himself he would have been a pretty good help. I don't know why so many of you can't see it but as long as Bevel didn't abandon Lynch, having Harvin in there helped him tremendously. Look at the game winner against Denver, for example. Their defense is forced to cover the edge, making the middle much easier for him to churn through.

Again to your point, sure he impacted the game (don't think he was the major reason for the win, but for sure impacted). The only reference there is, is to the superbowl? Now what exactly has he done after?

No doubt, I am and I think most people are extremely frustrated that he's gone now because he definitely impacted the game. The thing is though, at what cost is his game worth it? Again, it's just sources, but he was reportedly a detriment off the field. Also, what good is his impact on the game, when his production and his impact isn't turning on much production for others? #'s all across the board are an all-time low.

Even if #'s were low, the results weren't wins which is the most important #.

TwilightError

Reaction score
WTF of the year. It is obvious we dont know what is behind all this.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Blitzer88":246mx0y0 said:
.NET Eeyore is more sad then normal..........man I don't feel good about where things are headed this season.

Come on man.
If he was messin' up the MoJo, we are better off.
And I think that's the case.
Yea it sucks we gave up so much and it was a shocker to say the least but it's over and done with.
We gunna be ok.
Breath buddy, slow, in through your nose, out through your mouth.
:{)

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok enough is enough, can't be nice and now it's a attacking versus discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.